C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BPMV Pump Motor Stalled.. What is it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2002, 03:54 PM
JMon
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Default BPMV Pump Motor Stalled.. What is it?

OK what is the BPMV Pump motor, and why would it stall? I got a c1243 message today, and my abs, traction control lights came on. I cleared the code and restarted the car.. Everything else seemed OK
Old 12-09-2002, 10:11 PM
alc2001
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: BPMV Pump Motor Stalled.. What is it? (JMon)

Jared - The BPMV is the Brake Pressure Modulator Valve and is the heart of the anti-lock brake system. The pump motor functions to maintain the appropriate hydraulic pressure in the system for braking, traction control and stability control functions. C1243 is set when the system self tests and insufficient pressure is detected when the pump is turned on momentarily. I am not sure why you would get a transient code. You might want to check the brake fluid and consider bleeding the system. Hopefully it is not the pump as it is not separately serviceable. You probably don't want to hear that the BPMV GM list price is $1750. :eek: Good luck.

Alan :seeya

Quick Reply: BPMV Pump Motor Stalled.. What is it?