C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Head and Cam shoot out, what is the best of the best

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2003, 02:06 PM
extremecorvette
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Head and Cam shoot out, what is the best of the best

I'll looking to hear form all of you on what head and cam package is the best for the least amout of money, looking for only 430RWHP. I want to know if it can be done on a fully stock C5 with no upgrades just the heads and cam? What packages are the best form what you use or heard about? :rant:
Old 03-11-2003, 02:28 PM
rwj383
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Head and Cam shoot out, what is the best of the best (extremecorvette)

you will get greatly varied responses here. Some will suggest that with certain 'X' h/c packages all by themselves will greatly surpass your goal. they will go on to tell tales that this will be with everything else being stock, running on pump gas and idle like stock through full exhaust and be smog legal. that's a 120rwhp gain over stock with only a head/cam upgrade an smog friendly. should you believe it???? the first thing i would suggest is, if you're mechanically inclined, take the time to build your own h/c package. I am a firm advocate in doing your own research to see what REALLY works, what is really fact. however, not everyone falls in this category for one reason or another. if you do not, do a great deal of research before making decisions. try hard to sift through the 'too good to believe' from reality. many h/c packages claim huge dyno #'s, but it will be by way of gears, open exhaust, special fuel, high compression or some other dyno trickery. if you do enuf research you will eventually get a 'gut feeling' on a package that suits your needs. good luck.
Old 03-11-2003, 02:33 PM
kh24
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Head and Cam shoot out, what is the best of the best (extremecorvette)

I'll looking to hear form all of you on what head and cam package is the best for the least amout of money, looking for only 430RWHP. I want to know if it can be done on a fully stock C5 with no upgrades just the heads and cam? What packages are the best form what you use or heard about? :rant:
Cartek can do that no problem with stock gears too :lol:. The only other thing you will need is headers. The package will be smog legal also. I saw an 02 Z06 make 440rwhp with his cats on. :cheers:
Old 03-11-2003, 02:37 PM
XKR100
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Do a search.The archives are full of this type of thread.The only thing this type of thread brings is a pi**ing match on who has the best tuner and package.
Old 03-11-2003, 02:41 PM
rwj383
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Head and Cam shoot out, what is the best of the best (XKR100)

not related here: XKR100- could you IM me on some of the details of you Jag? more interested in the engine specs and perf #'s. thanks.

Robert
Old 03-11-2003, 03:19 PM
J-Rod
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Re: Head and Cam shoot out, what is the best of the best (rwj383)

With your requirements. Pass inspection and 420RWHP you should be able to achieve this with no problem. In fact you wouldn't have to go as radical as some of the X pkgs. You could go with a milder cam with a wider LSA. You might loose a bit of HP, but have a better idle, and be assured of passing inspection in any state.
Old 03-11-2003, 03:23 PM
SideStep
Melting Slicks

....oooh what a question... :crazy:
Old 03-11-2003, 09:17 PM
rfgoss1
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Depending on where you live, there are many that can deliver 430. The question is why settle for that when you can have a daily driver making 450+? Check out LG Motorsports before you decide. Not that there aren't other good tuners, but Lou is a very solid tuner and will make you happy.
Cheers
Randy :cheers:
Old 03-12-2003, 12:31 AM
Moundir
Drifting

Default Re: Head and Cam shoot out, what is the best of the best (SideStep)

....oooh what a question... :crazy:
:withstupid: here we go again :lurk: :lol:
Old 03-12-2003, 12:47 AM
ScreaminDemon
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Being in La it would be easy to drive to MTI or LG in Tx. Get your H/C package and your tuning done there and still be close enough to go back for more tuning once you do more mods. Unless you want to tune yourself. I think convienience is a big factor. I went ARE and LS1-Edit.
Old 03-13-2003, 07:32 AM
J-Rod
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Re: Head and Cam shoot out, what is the best of the best (ScreaminDemon)

In La. He could also go to Thunder Racing who is actually in Baton Rouge.

Get notified of new replies

To Head and Cam shoot out, what is the best of the best

Quick Reply: Head and Cam shoot out, what is the best of the best