C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yesterday...chime...chime...chime DIC codes

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2003, 12:00 PM
7thgeneration
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 46 Posts

Default Yesterday...chime...chime...chime DIC codes

Just driving along nice and slow in town yesterday when the DIC went nuts and displayed SERVICE ABS, SERVICE ACTIVE HANDLING, SERVICE TRACTION CONTROL !!! So I check the owners manual and sure enough it says that if there is a problem with the ABS, all three will be displayed. I cleared the codes and they came right back ! So it's a phone call to the dealer tomorrow. Car is an '02 with 3,000 miles on it. Anybody else have this problem ? Thanks !! :eek: Nick
Old 05-26-2003, 01:29 PM
BSiegPaint
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Default Re: Yesterday...chime...chime...chime DIC codes (5thgeneration)

Man, I'm going through the same thing right now on my '99. Here's what I've done, all suggested by different Forum members. Some sound a little out of the ordinary, but so far it's worked... Relieved pressure on the power steering pump by loosening the cap and screwing back in; crawled under the driver's side dash to the bottom of the steering column - removed and reinstalled the sensor plug on the botom left side after cleaning; pulled the MAT sensor and cleaned everything before reinstalling; pulled the battery cables, cleaned and reinstalled; and performed the idle relearn, including pulling fuses 16 and 23 (do a quick search to find the full procedure). As of right now, I am not getting the DIC codes any longer. What are your codes? I was setting C1276 and C1287, as well as a ton of "communication" codes. It was those codes that made me think I had a poor battery connection. The cleaner I used I purchased at Radio Shack. Maybe this will help?
Old 05-26-2003, 04:21 PM
7thgeneration
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Yesterday...chime...chime...chime DIC codes (BSiegPaint)

No. The codes I'am getting are C 1232 H , B0502 HC, B0507 HC, and B2482 HC :(
Old 05-26-2003, 10:03 PM
BlackZ06
Safety Car

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

The B codes are lighting problems (B502 and 507 are problems with Left and Right DRLs ... the B2482 is a problem with the back-up lights).

The C1232 is a problem with one of the four wheel speed sensors. You haven't installed stainless steel brake lines by chance, have you?

The C1232 is setting the SERVICE AH/TC messages.

Steve
Old 05-27-2003, 08:20 PM
7thgeneration
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Yesterday...chime...chime...chime DIC codes (BlackZ06)

No car is completely stock. But I did remove the approach lights fuse to save on durability of the driving lamps ! Didn't think that would set a code ! But as far as back up lamps and the speed sensor code goes I don't know why those would be set. Thanks for the info ! Nick :chevy
Old 05-28-2003, 08:00 AM
BlackZ06
Safety Car

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

The back-up lights are part of the "approach lights" circuit. When you yanked the fuse, that set all three "B" (Body) DTC's.

On the wheel speed sensor, have the dealer check that one out, since you're under warranty.

Steve

Get notified of new replies

To Yesterday...chime...chime...chime DIC codes

Quick Reply: Yesterday...chime...chime...chime DIC codes