C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 Edit/Dyno Tune With Only Simple Mods. Worth It?

Old 07-15-2003, 02:12 PM
123Gone
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default LS1 Edit/Dyno Tune With Only Simple Mods. Worth It?

Mods are Blackwing, Stingers, Hurst on a MN6. Is it worth the $$$ to get a LS1 Edit dyno tune?

Old 07-15-2003, 02:16 PM
mdhmi
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: LS1 Edit/Dyno Tune With Only Simple Mods. Worth It? (123Gone)

Depends how much $ you can get it done locally for. I spoke w/ two local performance shops last week about the LS1 Edit. Both shops charge around $500.00 for the Edit. Both shops reported that I would likely only see a 5 rwhp improvement on my 2000 M6 with Donaldson Blackwing and LS6 intake. So in short the answer is no.

Mark
Old 07-15-2003, 02:21 PM
boost2much
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: LS1 Edit/Dyno Tune With Only Simple Mods. Worth It? (mdhmi@yahoo.com)

You could always go the MAFT route. You can find them used for aournd $100-75. That's what I did untill I get the cam and heads installed. Then I will use LS1 edit. I was running lean with the mods below. WIth the MAFT, I richened it up and I could feel a SOTP difference.
Old 07-15-2003, 02:32 PM
dmcantrell
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: LS1 Edit/Dyno Tune With Only Simple Mods. Worth It? (boost2much)

What is MAFT??

I had a Halltech TRAP installed, which freaked out the computer and the car was detonating (obvious from the dyno graphs -- pulling timing by like 8-12 degrees). After LS1 Edit, I got no detonation, and another 13 RWHP. I think it's worth it -- not so much for the gain, but to tune the car to run correctly based on what you've done to it.

--dc.

Get notified of new replies

To LS1 Edit/Dyno Tune With Only Simple Mods. Worth It?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LS1 Edit/Dyno Tune With Only Simple Mods. Worth It?