C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blown Fuse? Headlights, dash lights, fog lights button, dimmer not working.

Old 08-14-2003, 05:20 PM
BOBS97C5
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Blown Fuse? Headlights, dash lights, fog lights button, dimmer not working.

I was washing my car on Sunday evening and then went for a drive. I had my headlights on, but it was still dusk out. By the time I got home I noticed that my dash lights were out. I also noticed that the dimmer dial on the left of the steering wheel and the button for the fog lights didn't work. Lastly I went to turn off my headlights and the lights turned off, but the headlights didn't go back down. It sounds like some electrical connection or a blown fuse. Has anyone experienced a similar issue, or ever checked any of the fuses on your C5? I got out the owner's manual and looked at a diagram of what each fuse is, but is there one fuse that could make this all go out at once? I called the dealership and they said it would cost me $70 just for them to diagnose the problem. Let me know what you think.

[Modified by BOBS97C5, 5:34 PM 8/14/2003]
Old 08-14-2003, 06:36 PM
mhefner
Drifting

CI-3 Show Winner
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default Re: Blown Fuse? Headlights, dash lights, fog lights button, dimmer not working. (BOBS97C5)

Also could be a relay. I think relay 43 controls the interior lights and stuff. I would check it also as its only a $9 part. There are similiar relays so you could switch it around with a similiar one.
btw, these are all under the passenger floor mat.

Old 08-15-2003, 11:06 AM
rutiger
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Blown Fuse? Headlights, dash lights, fog lights button, dimmer not working. (mhefner)

^
Old 08-15-2003, 01:58 PM
georges03zo6
Racer

Default Re: Blown Fuse? Headlights, dash lights, fog lights button, dimmer not working. (rutiger)

Check your fuses under the passenger side floor. I think it's the #25 fuse. I had this happen to me last week and this was the cause. Replaced the fuse and all is good again.
Old 08-15-2003, 05:46 PM
BOBS97C5
Advanced

Default Re: Blown Fuse? Headlights, dash lights, fog lights button, dimmer not working. (mhefner)

Thanks for the tips. I'll check the relays and fuses. I think I'll come out much better than if I paid the dealership to tell me the same thing. I appreciate how everyone on the forum spreads the knowledge. Too bad the dealership doesn't have a fraction of the knowledge the Corvette Forum has combined. :yesnod:

Get notified of new replies

To Blown Fuse? Headlights, dash lights, fog lights button, dimmer not working.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Blown Fuse? Headlights, dash lights, fog lights button, dimmer not working.