C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O2 sensor question...Random Tech. X-pipe & Hi Flow Cats...

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 11:54 AM
Jesse
Administrator

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Founder St. Jude Fundraiser

Default O2 sensor question...Random Tech. X-pipe & Hi Flow Cats...

I recently had an Random Technology X-Pipe with Hi Flow cats put on my '99 vert. I matched them up with TPIS Headers and Corsa Indy's. Since the install, my check engine light came on. The mechanic said it was caused by the rear O2 sensors.

Is there a bypass that is installed that fakes the sensors into believing that all is working properly???

I would appreciate any help! :cheers: :thumbs:
Old 10-01-2003, 12:53 PM
Buckmaster
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04
Default Re: O2 sensor question...Random Tech. X-pipe & Hi Flow Cats... (cor99vette)

Hi Jesse :seeya

This is VERY common after the header/cats install. You can get 02 sims....but what I did was have the sensors programmed out via LS1Edit.
Old 10-01-2003, 01:04 PM
2000TicketMachine
Instructor

Default Re: O2 sensor question...Random Tech. X-pipe & Hi Flow Cats... (Buckmaster)

How do you like the sound and performance of this combo? Does it make a noticable SOTP difference? How loud is this header catback combo and what kind of sound tone do you get (i.e. deep, burbly, resonance, etc). Thanks for the feedback. Enjoy your new setup. :cheers:
Old 10-01-2003, 02:27 PM
eb02z06
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08
Default Re: O2 sensor question...Random Tech. X-pipe & Hi Flow Cats... (2000TicketMachine)

I too have this combo on my 02 Z06. I turned of the rear 02's with edit-the Random tech cats probably flow too good. U should use edit because i'm betting ur leaving alot of power on the table without a proper tune. these OBD2 cars are very tricky when it come to emissions.
Old 10-01-2003, 04:58 PM
RWhite
Melting Slicks

Default Re: O2 sensor question...Random Tech. X-pipe & Hi Flow Cats... (eb02z06)

I have a similar setup: TPIS, RT cats/xpipe and Corsa Touring (just replaced with a '03 Z06 cat back). I have not had a check engine light with this mod.
Old 10-01-2003, 11:08 PM
Dicecal
Melting Slicks

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

Default Re: O2 sensor question...Random Tech. X-pipe & Hi Flow Cats... (cor99vette)

I too have the same problem. Stainless works headers and the random tech Hiflow cats/xpipe. Been getting check engine light and codes for all O2 banks. I guess the only thing to do is get O2 sims. I've just been clearing out the codes and resetting the lights. Any other ideas out there?
Old 10-02-2003, 11:33 PM
Jesse
Administrator

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Founder St. Jude Fundraiser

Default Re: O2 sensor question...Random Tech. X-pipe & Hi Flow Cats... (2000TicketMachine)

How do you like the sound and performance of this combo? Does it make a noticable SOTP difference? How loud is this header catback combo and what kind of sound tone do you get (i.e. deep, burbly, resonance, etc). Thanks for the feedback. Enjoy your new setup. :cheers:
Thanks for the reply... :yesnod: I have noticed an increase in SOTP :yesnod: The sound is much deeper. I did lose some of the popping when reving the engine. I will get with Mike Norris to tweak the LS1 edit to remove the sensors...thanks for the help all... :yesnod: :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To O2 sensor question...Random Tech. X-pipe & Hi Flow Cats...

Quick Reply: O2 sensor question...Random Tech. X-pipe & Hi Flow Cats...