C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service Traction control light,reduced engine power only when it Rains?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 01:50 PM
1 slow 97
Melting Slicks

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Service Traction control light,reduced engine power only when it Rains?

MY 97 has done this 3 times now. When I am driving and its raining out, the service traction control reduced engine power light comes on. All I do is pull over and clear the codes. Anyone have any idea what might be up? Anyone know were I can get something that will allow me to read the codes that it is throwing. I really dont want to take it back to the stupid dealer.
Old 10-30-2003, 12:54 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

Default Re: Service Traction control light,reduced engine power only when it Rains? (1 slow 97)

What are your codes? Once the Service TC message shows up on the DIC TC is automatically shut off. I suspect there may be a common thread but engine power is not normally reduced when the TC fails or is manually shut off.
Bill
Old 10-30-2003, 01:20 AM
Cajun99
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Service Traction control light,reduced engine power only when it Rains? (1 slow 97)

Kinda tough to call without knowing what codes you're kickin' up...here's a link on how to pull them up on your DIC. There are links at the bottom of that page to help decipher them. The codes your DIC displays that have "C" (for current) should hopefully point you to the problem...hopefully. :cheers:

http://www.c5forum.com/ayc/dtcdic.php

Get notified of new replies

To Service Traction control light,reduced engine power only when it Rains?

Quick Reply: Service Traction control light,reduced engine power only when it Rains?