C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning Issues, Need advice for Z06 with bolton's

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2003, 04:56 PM
thefly
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Tuning Issues, Need advice for Z06 with bolton's

Need some serious help here on what path to take. here is my problem, ever since the car's first dyno (only had a vortex and msd wires) a/f has always been rich like a pig. since then i have added several mods and continued to see issues. i have been trying to get a predator tune that would work and have been unsuccessful to this point. i thought i had success back in june after johan @ diablo gave me a tune. that i verified with the autotap that LTFT's were 0, no knock, a/f reading 12.5-12.7 all the way through the powerband. now 6 months later i feel like i am back where i started from! i think it is pretty pathetic to start with 356 rwhp with a vortex and msd wires. then go to 370 rwhp with headers and an x-pipe. add the predator tune and borla stingers and pull only 363 rwhp. although the dynos have been done at different place the a/f ratio stays consistent 11.7 at 5000 and above, sometimes down to 10 or worse by the 3rd pull. ok that is the problem. only reason i like the predator is because i can take tune back to stock at any time.

here are some ideas i have to solve in the order to try:

1. Reload predator cause car for it was tuned, it did keep the rev settings and temp settings but maybe over the pcm overrode changes (is this possible???).
2. Remove vortex and put stock filter back on.
3. Switch out plugs to NGK with lower gap.
4. Give diablo an ultimatum to get it tuned or flash unit so i can sell and willing to pay to have it done(i know it can be and has been done for chevy duramax diesel owners)
5. Get an LS1 Edit tune and stop being a baby (really would like this as a last resort)

anyways these are my thoughts i pretty much given up in frustration. only reason i mention removing the vortex is the whacked out a/f was there from the start with that mod, and maybe no tuning will fix? also is it possible for the pcm overtime relearn itself to the point where the changes would fade away so to say? i think this car with the following mods should be 380-385 rwhp / 370-375 rwtq. at least based on what i have seen from other people.

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!! tired of screwing with it. looking for ideas without just going to ls1 edit to solve if there is another issue i am missing.

here are the dynos:

Old 11-26-2003, 09:10 PM
thefly
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Tuning Issues, Need advice for Z06 with bolton's (thefly)

still looking for some help TTT...
Old 11-26-2003, 09:40 PM
Dugmole
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Default Re: Tuning Issues, Need advice for Z06 with bolton's (thefly)

L S 1 EDIT. You are killing that car. I don't run that rich on a 150 shot.

Old 11-27-2003, 10:42 PM
LittleBoyBlu99
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Tuning Issues, Need advice for Z06 with bolton's (Dugmole)

L S 1 EDIT. You are killing that car. I don't run that rich on a 150 shot.
:iagree: :nono: :nono:
Old 11-27-2003, 10:51 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Default Re: Tuning Issues, Need advice for Z06 with bolton's (Dugmole)

DUDE,

Do yourself a favor and get with the program and hire an expert with ls1 edit and get on a wide band dyno and end your agony once and for all! :cheers:

Good Luck! :flag
Old 11-28-2003, 09:53 AM
JAMUSA
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Tuning Issues, Need advice for Z06 with bolton's (MTI 427 Roadster)

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM......LS1 EDITH IS A SURE FIX.

Get notified of new replies

To Tuning Issues, Need advice for Z06 with bolton's

Quick Reply: Tuning Issues, Need advice for Z06 with bolton's