C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

h-pipe with xpipe magnaflow?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2003, 12:01 PM
02blueelectron
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default h-pipe with xpipe magnaflow?

just received my slp headers,install kit,hi-flow cats and also the h-pipe to connect headers to the slp cats. my question is - should i weld the h-pipe connection closed as i already have the magnaflow x pipe after the cats or does it matter if i use the h-pipe connected ahead of the cats? i need to use the h-pipe either way as it will be easy to slip fit all the pieces together without having to make custom pipes to join cats to headers.
Old 12-26-2003, 01:35 PM
myblackC5
Pro

Default Re: h-pipe with xpipe magnaflow? (02blueelectron)

i would just run the x pipe. don't want anything in front of the cats. :thumbs:
Old 12-26-2003, 02:29 PM
XTrooper
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Ditch the H and make your "custom" pipes. Don't you just need a couple of lengths of straight pipe for this job?

In any case, if you spent all that money for headers, hi-flow cats, etc why save $50 at a muffler shop and end up with some Rube Goldberg setup? That would be penny-wise and pound-foolish.
Old 12-26-2003, 03:50 PM
02blueelectron
Instructor

the slp h-pipe connects the headers to the hi-flow cats .it is mandrel bent and shaped to be bolted to the stock chasis mounts and clamped to the headers and cats. it also has o2 sensor holes welded and threaded into it. being in canada auto parts cost 50% more.it cost me almost 300 canadian $ for just the h-pipe and to have new mandrel bents pipes instead would be even more if i could even find mandrel bending in my area . so i guess i'll just weld the hpipe closed . thanks for the info guys

Get notified of new replies

To h-pipe with xpipe magnaflow?

Quick Reply: h-pipe with xpipe magnaflow?