C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno tune @ A&A today.

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2004, 09:03 PM
MikeV
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Dyno tune @ A&A today.

Well as some of you may have read, I just installed a Yank ST3500 and 3:42
gear myself and went to Andy for a dyno tune. Some history: My 02 A4 has been raced since new and NEVER been consistant. I tried everything I could think of and it would run plus or minus one tenth of my dial. You just can't win races that way. So now at Andy's we found that for some reason the car has about 6 degrees of Kr (knock retard). We programed this out and reprogramed for shift points. Andy worked on this thing for about a good 3-1/2 to 4 hours. I think we went thru about 8 pulls. I gained about 15 hp from the first pull to the last. This is a stock motor with Blackwing & Magnaflow cat back exhaust.

I met a very nice guy name same at Andy's shop that was looking to install a 427/Vortex in his 02 Z06. Andy was going to set one up for him.
Good luck Sam and I hope I see you at the next WCCC.

To give you some kind of idea of the differance between the gear/converter upgrade, once I got home from the 5 HOUR :eek: :eek: drive home, I hate the 91 freeway, I tried a little powerbrake burnout and I quit as it just blows the tires away. Well I won't bore you anymore. The 28t is the next West Coast Corvette Challenge and I will see what the actual ET differance is.

Mike V :D :D ALL SMILES! THANKS TO ANDY!
Old 02-13-2004, 09:37 PM
Dave68
Race Director

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Default Re: Dyno tune @ A&A today. (MikeV)

Andy's da man! Now one of these days I'll be talking to him about a supercharger.......... :yesnod:

Quick Reply: Dyno tune @ A&A today.