C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Error Code Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 09:08 AM
noelc5
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Error Code Help

Hi. I'm having lots of trouble with my car right now. I posted in General Disc but didn't get much help.

I checked the codes the computer was throwing and one thing that really bothers me is that the RDCM (right door control module) says "NO COMM" so I'm hoping this is the source of lots of codes being thrown.

28 TCS U1301H, C1255H, U1016H
40 BCM U1255H, U1016H, U1096H
58 SDM U1301H
60 IPC No Codes
80 Radio No Codes
99 HVAC No Codes
A0 LDCM B2252H, B2282H, B2284H, U1064H, U1016H
A1 RDCM NO COMM ???? :confused:
A6 SCM B2860H, U1300H, U1255H, U1160H, U1016H, U1064H
B0 RFA U1255H, U1096H, U1064H, U1016H

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm at work and have the 3 vol set repair manuals but they're at home.

:confused:

EDIT http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=753993 <- Original Post

[Modified by noelc5, 9:09 AM 2/16/2004]
Old 02-16-2004, 09:24 AM
Oldvetter
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Re: Error Code Help (noelc5)

All codes with an "H" behind them are history codes, meaning they occurred in the past and ARE NOT A PROBLEM NOW.

Although you seem to have a lot of history codes, you have NO active codes, so I wouldn't worry about it.

You can reset all your history codes by disconnecting the battery for 2-5 minutes. But make sure you have security code for your radio, because it will lockup. You may also lose memory seat/mirror/radio/key fob settings.

[Modified by Oldvetter, 9:25 AM 2/16/2004]
Old 02-16-2004, 09:32 AM
noelc5
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Error Code Help (Oldvetter)

All codes with an "H" behind them are history codes, meaning they occurred in the past and ARE NOT A PROBLEM NOW.

Although you seem to have a lot of history codes, you have NO active codes, so I wouldn't worry about it.

You can reset all your history codes by disconnecting the battery for 2-5 minutes. But make sure you have security code for your radio, because it will lockup. You may also lose memory seat/mirror/radio/key fob settings.

[Modified by Oldvetter, 9:25 AM 2/16/2004]
I pulled the negative off the battery in a fatal hope of resetting and possibly getting my window to go up. It worked but now I'm scared.

I'm a college kid and the only way I have to wash my car is taking it to one of those pressure wash type deals. I sprayed the bajesus outta my car tryin' to clean it up for valentine's day. Is it possible I got water inside and screwed up the passenger door.

Thanks!
Old 02-16-2004, 09:43 AM
dpd
Drifting

either you have a bad door control module or the wire harness that goes through the door into the car are broken.
Old 02-16-2004, 09:56 AM
runamuk
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04

I'm a college kid and the only way I have to wash my car is taking it to one of those pressure wash type deals. I sprayed the bajesus outta my car tryin' to clean it up for valentine's day. Is it possible I got water inside and screwed up the passenger door.

Thanks!
Yes, you probably got water in the door, and to reset your codes all you have to do is wait until all of the modules show you the codes then the car will go into manual diagnostics, press the reset button at each module and it will erase the codes. I.E. when the DIC shows "PCM 1 code" press the reset button and it will say "PCM no codes" and also you can scroll thru the modules using the options button.

Make sure the RDCM is reporting, if it still says NO Comm then either your wiring harness is loose or disconnected somehow. :cheers:
Old 02-16-2004, 10:17 AM
noelc5
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Error Code Help (runamuk)

Ok great guys. I'm hoping this is where my codes are coming. If the module got wet, wouldn't this have ruined the module? I guess what I'm trying to get at is, if water got onto the electronics then that module is probably shot.

My passenger door is real bad about leaking. I think this is the culprit.

Any other ideas, keep 'em coming!

Thanks!
Old 02-16-2004, 11:37 AM
noelc5
Burning Brakes

bump!
Old 02-16-2004, 02:19 PM
runamuk
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04

Ok great guys. I'm hoping this is where my codes are coming. If the module got wet, wouldn't this have ruined the module? I guess what I'm trying to get at is, if water got onto the electronics then that module is probably shot.

My passenger door is real bad about leaking. I think this is the culprit.
Do you still have the "no comm" coming from the right door, if so fix your leak problems and replace the module.

Get notified of new replies

To Error Code Help

Quick Reply: Error Code Help