C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What transmission fluid to use? Anyone used Royal Purple products?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 12:51 AM
C5HellRod
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What transmission fluid to use? Anyone used Royal Purple products?

I thought I'd try to kill two birds with one stone. I plan on changing my transmission fluid for the first time this week. I'll probably take it to the dealership because I can't get under the car. What are the more common alternatives used out there? Anything out there better than what the dealership will be putting in?

And about the Royal Purple products. I think they have transmission fluid along with many other products. Anyone used any of their products? Their supposed to reduce friction very much and even free up a couple of ponies in the process.

Thanks for your advice.
Old 02-18-2004, 03:03 AM

Default Re: What transmission fluid to use? Anyone used Royal Purple products? (UNCC49er)

I just changed the fluid in my 2000 C5 M6 a couple days ago. I used Redline D4 ATF. I don't know about the automatics, but my six-speed definitely shifts smoother now. It's not that hard to do it yourself. Just go to wal-mart or your local auto parts store and buy TWO sets of Rhino ramps. When you get back to your garage drive the front of the car onto the first set of ramps, and then use a floor jack to lift the rear of your vette. Once it's high enough, you put the second set of ramps under the rear tires and then ease the jack down. The car is now level and you have a decent amount of space to work underneath. When you're finished servicing just reverse the above and youre ready to go. Since you have the A4 make sure you change the filter and clean the pan as well.

Good luck.
Old 02-18-2004, 06:43 AM
IMQUIK
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: What transmission fluid to use? Anyone used Royal Purple products? (UNCC49er)

Amsoil ATF!! :thumbs:

Get notified of new replies

To What transmission fluid to use? Anyone used Royal Purple products?

Quick Reply: What transmission fluid to use? Anyone used Royal Purple products?