C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear end Noise/roar/rumble/HELP

Old 04-23-2004, 08:04 PM
toupeeguy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Rear Noise/roar/rumble/HELP

Anybody have an idea why my 00 coupe has a loud roaring noise coming from the rear (maybe right side)? I just replaced both tie rod ends, didn't help. The car has aftermarket Borla exhaust, and Kumho exsta tires, maybe noisey tires? The noise only heard at all above 30mph and worse at higher speeds. The noise is a deep rumble, and is exaggerated when going through a curve in the road.

[Modified by toupeeguy, 3:41 AM 4/24/2004]
Old 04-23-2004, 08:52 PM
PVHolgado
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Rear end Noise/roar/rumble/HELP (toupeeguy)

Does the car make the noise when turning only or all the time? Only over 30mph or other times possible? I have my own 00' FRC currently in a chevy dealership having the rear end re-built because the posi-units seem to have siezed up (frozen)- I experience severe noise at low speed in turns- straight was OK but who knows maybe your problem is also in diff. GM seems to be covering all costs (I have 36000 miles on car) They must know something we don't-- Ask your local dealership about any "Priliminary Info. bulletins on this type of problem. Good Luck :auto:
Old 04-23-2004, 10:10 PM
toupeeguy
Advanced

Default Re: Rear end Noise/roar/rumble/HELP (PVHolgado)

the noise is only while in motion, but gets louder as my speed increases. When i go through a sharp curve in the road the roar gets louder. A few weeks ago 2 error messages came on the dash, one said something like "check anti lock brakes" and the other said something like "service traction control". To this day the positraction only works part of the time (I can tell because the little button only works part of the time). My car has 70,000 miles. GM probably wouldn't rebuild mine because I'm not the original owner. I'm really scratching my head on this one, thanks. :confused:
Old 04-23-2004, 10:42 PM
LoneStarFRC
Team Owner

Received 226 Likes on 213 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Default Re: Rear end Noise/roar/rumble/HELP (toupeeguy)

Have you checked out the wheel hub bearings? Just a thought.

Robert

Get notified of new replies

To Rear end Noise/roar/rumble/HELP

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rear end Noise/roar/rumble/HELP