C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AH, TC and ABS all malfunctioning.

Old 05-09-2004, 09:06 AM
FRISKY
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default AH, TC and ABS all malfunctioning.

The service traction control, service active handling, service ABS showed instantly on the DIC when I used the emergency flashers the first time. All those items didn't work while the message was showing. I cleared the codes (C1214 H C and C1295 H C) and everything was back to normal. Every time the emergency flasher button was pushed while the ignition was on, it would cause the same problem. If the button was pushed while the ignition switch was off, there was no problem.

Then,

I changed the brake rotors/ pads and changed the brake fluid to Motol 600. The first time I started the car the problem returned, but this time I hadn't pushed the emergency flasher button. I cleared the codes (C1214 H C) and all was fine for about three days then it popped up when I started the car and wouldn't be cleared or go away.

I checked the fuses (some had corrosion from moisture, but were not blown) and wiggled the wire loom and connector going to the ABS control module. After clearing the codes the problem went away again till the next day.

At this point the service "everything" messages show on the DIC every time I start the car and none of those systems are functioning. It still has the C1214 H C code and it can't be cleared. If I push the emergency flasher switch, it sets a C1295 H C code in addition to the 1214 code, but it can be cleared.
Old 05-09-2004, 10:10 AM
mapman
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

Default Re: AH, TC and ABS all malfunctioning. (FRISKY)

The service traction control, service active handling, service ABS showed instantly on the DIC when I used the emergency flashers the first time. All those items didn't work while the message was showing. I cleared the codes (C1214 H C and C1295 H C) and everything was back to normal. Every time the emergency flasher button was pushed while the ignition was on, it would cause the same problem. If the button was pushed while the ignition switch was off, there was no problem.

Then,

I changed the brake rotors/ pads and changed the brake fluid to Motol 600. The first time I started the car the problem returned, but this time I hadn't pushed the emergency flasher button. I cleared the codes (C1214 H C) and all was fine for about three days then it popped up when I started the car and wouldn't be cleared or go away.

I checked the fuses (some had corrosion from moisture, but were not blown) and wiggled the wire loom and connector going to the ABS control module. After clearing the codes the problem went away again till the next day.

At this point the service "everything" messages show on the DIC every time I start the car and none of those systems are functioning. It still has the C1214 H C code and it can't be cleared. If I push the emergency flasher switch, it sets a C1295 H C code in addition to the 1214 code, but it can be cleared.
C1214 is set when the Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM) detects system voltage below 8 volts (for 0.23 seconds). System voltage is supplied by a system relay that is integral to the EBCM. (For the code to be set, ignition voltage has to be greater than 10.5 volts.)

C1295 is set when the stop lamp switch input voltage is between 1.87 and 5.03 volts for 2 seconds. The voltage is supplied a ground path through the stop lamp bulbs. This DTC could be set by a signal circuit of the stop lamp switch being open, poor connections, terminal corrosion, loose or corroded EBCM or PCM Grounds, Internal EBCM problems, etc.

The Hazard Warning Switch might be the source of the open.

Are your stop lamps working properly?

Sorry not much help.

Old 05-11-2004, 12:35 AM
FRISKY
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Re: AH, TC and ABS all malfunctioning.

This turned out to be two separate problems. The ABS pump controller was bad and the emergency flasher unit is apparently bad also, but I won't know for sure till I replace it.

The AH, ABS and TC systems work fine now, but using the hazard flasher button still throws a C1295 code. All the wires and other electrical components on each side of the hazard flasher have been checked and are working fine, so that only leaves the flasher unit to be bad.

Get notified of new replies

To AH, TC and ABS all malfunctioning.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AH, TC and ABS all malfunctioning.