C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No air coming out of the vents

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2004, 02:38 PM
toupeeguy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default No air coming out of the vents

When I turn my a/c on, and the blower all the way up, hardly any air comes out of the vents. Some (maybe all) of the air does come out of the defrost vent way up by the bottom of the windshield. This gives me two problems, first, after a little while my windshield fogs up, and second, with summer getting more intense, I'm burnin' up! :mad My guess is that something is either blocking air flow, or a blower isn't working, or something. The a/c itself IS working because what little air comes out is cold. Anybody got any ideas what this could be or some way to fix/diagnose it? Thanks, Zan Lee
'00 Coupe
Old 05-22-2004, 02:42 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Default Re: No air coming out of the vents (toupeeguy)

What is the setting on your MODE button?? I know that sounds dumb but is it set to blow air to the windshield??
Old 05-22-2004, 07:22 PM
Davidss
Heel & Toe

Default Re: No air coming out of the vents (pewter99)

I believe... On the back of the intake manifold is the vaccum line that is the power for the opening and closing of the vents. I forgot to reattach it and I lost all control over vent position and fresh/recir air...
Old 05-22-2004, 10:19 PM
1FUNC5
Le Mans Master

Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

Default Re: No air coming out of the vents (Davidss)

my car started doing the same thing today.....please help!!!!!
Old 05-22-2004, 11:37 PM
-X-
Instructor

Default Re: No air coming out of the vents (Davidss)

I believe... On the back of the intake manifold is the vaccum line that is the power for the opening and closing of the vents. I forgot to reattach it and I lost all control over vent position and fresh/recir air...
yep thats it... Mine was doing the same thing a couple of years ago.. Mike Norris fixed it like right away... Thanks again Mike and your small hands..

X
Old 05-23-2004, 01:30 AM
dave777
Pro

St. Jude Contributor
Default Re: No air coming out of the vents (-X-)

Another thing that is possible is a blower control relay that is under the glove box on the passenger side. This is a common problem. You wil get a little bit of air but the blower motor never comes on. I have been there. The part is only about 30 bucks. You could also check the fuse for the blower. If it is not the fuse then I would suggest taking the panel down from under the glove box and have a look. The blower motor and relay/control is there.
Hope this helps.
Old 05-23-2004, 06:03 AM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Default Re: No air coming out of the vents (dave777)

:lurk:
Old 05-23-2004, 12:04 PM
1FUNC5
Le Mans Master

Default Re: No air coming out of the vents (pewter99)

I just fixed mine!!!! Previous owner had leaking battery acid issue....swapped battery but never cleaned up mess......acid had eaten through both plastic vacum lines down by the pcm.....I spliced in two new pieces right where they come out of the wiring harness under the battery tray.....so you might want to check that.....I found this info on corvette action ceter.....
Old 05-23-2004, 04:09 PM
toupeeguy
Advanced

Default Re: No air coming out of the vents (dave777)

Okay, I'm workin on my car, I appreciate all these ideas, I'm sure I can get this fixed, but I'm having trouble finding this stuff. First, the "blower control/relay"?? I've gone to the little fuse box under the glove box and checked all the fuses which seem fine. Is this the right place to be looking or is there another panel i need to take off to find the relay? also, how will I know i've found the relay, if it is on the fuse box, which code number is it? I've been looking at my owners manual to decipher those abbreviations.

ALSO, the VACUME LINE behind the intake manifold? where is that darn thing? how's the best way to get to it? should I take out the battery and tray? I have yet to find it to see if it has merely fallen off....thanks, going to crawl under the car to look up from bottom...Zan
Old 05-23-2004, 05:07 PM
toupeeguy
Advanced

Default Re: No air coming out of the vents (1FunC5)

Okay, I have taken out the battery, and tray, I found a little hollow tube, a little smaller than a drinking straw that is corroded in two. Is this the vacume line? I just found this little piece, I dont know where it is coming from, or going to, but i did find one end sticking up where it had broken off going down toward the bottom of the fender area. I'm even considering taking the fender off to see what's down there.....? HELP ~ Zan
Old 05-23-2004, 05:27 PM
1FUNC5
Le Mans Master

Zan,
I sent you a private message with my number
Steven
Old 05-23-2004, 07:36 PM
Z06ufgrad2002
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Okay, I have taken out the battery, and tray, I found a little hollow tube, a little smaller than a drinking straw that is corroded in two. Is this the vacume line? I just found this little piece, I dont know where it is coming from, or going to, but i did find one end sticking up where it had broken off going down toward the bottom of the fender area. I'm even considering taking the fender off to see what's down there.....? HELP ~ Zan
THe best way to get access to that area is pull the wheel and the inner fender liner. Then everything will be exposed

Get notified of new replies

To No air coming out of the vents

Quick Reply: No air coming out of the vents