C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HVAC Problem-2001 Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 07:50 AM
CorvetteStan
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HVAC Problem-2001 Corvette

I have been experiencing a problem adjusting the blower fan speed on my manual comfort control system. The blower fan works on the high speeds (4&5) but will not work on the low speeds. Has anyone had a similar problem or any advice on a fix for the problem? Thanks
Old 09-01-2004, 12:17 AM
toddk
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Blower Resistor

I just did one of these on my in-law's 2000 Olds Intrigue last week, with similar symptoms. The repair manual pictures look identical with the 2001 Vette. It was $28 from the dealership. Quite a beast to get at tho, right at the firewall using a 5.5mm socket and contortion.

The lower fan speeds pass thru multiple resistors in series, more resistors = lower fan speed. The circuit card of the module is exposed in the blower housing, and corrodes. The high speed is wired direct thru a relay, and will probably work. There are 2 fuses which may be an easier first check, but I'm fairly certain it is this module.

Check out this link to the GM SI2000 tech CD. It's got pics plus diagnostic steps.

http://134.39.200.6:9001/servlets/SM...model=Corvette

I found it under HVAC, Manual, Diagnostic, Blower Motor Inoperative, Blower Motor Resistor Assembly Replacement.

Todd K

Quick Reply: HVAC Problem-2001 Corvette