C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who would be interested in this? LPE/Mini tub partial kit.

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 03:23 PM
intel55
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who would be interested in this? LPE/Mini tub partial kit.

A GP from LPE for just the shock travel limiters, shock brackets and fastener kit?

For those that want to do the tub themselves and have no need for the expansion panels and inner wheel liners, would you be interested in just buying the "hardware" part of the kit?

I would assume this would cut down the price significantly and make it more accessible to everyone.

Most have voiced concern for the $995 price tag of the full kit and I think this would be a great way to overcome that issue.

I will bump this a few times

Old 10-12-2004, 04:33 PM
kromberg
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Could be very interested...... depending on price

Keith
Old 10-12-2004, 07:36 PM
intel55
Le Mans Master

Old 10-13-2004, 09:46 AM
Ed@Lingenfelter
Drifting

Hi Intel,

I must not have answered you clearly in the other thread, but we do not offer the shock parts by themselves. I can understand if you feel the tub kits are too expensive, and want to make your own, but if that's the case you're going to have to make your own shock parts as well.

The reason for this is simple, we are trying to keep the integrity of our kit. Here's an example: Let's say we sell the shock parts to someone, and that person installs them on his car, and also does a hack job on his tubs. Then he takes his car to a show and proceeds to tell everyone that he has a"Lingenfelter" tub kit. People look at the hack job tubs, and conclude that the LPE kit is of poor quality, which would hurt future sales.

I'm not saying this will happen with you, but it has happened in the past with other parts, which is why we prefer to only sell them as complete kits.

Believe me, I really want to help you figure out a way to do this that keeps everybody happy. Why don't you give me a call and we'll try to figure something out.

Ed

Get notified of new replies

To Who would be interested in this? LPE/Mini tub partial kit.

Quick Reply: Who would be interested in this? LPE/Mini tub partial kit.