Sponsored by:

[Z06] Whats the best LS6 Intake System

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 03:30 PM
Doooom03
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats the best LS6 Intake System

Hi, im about to order a new intake system for my 2003 Z06 i was wondering what is the best system to use?
Old 07-12-2005, 03:45 PM
RPO_Z06
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Contributor

For ease of install, price and decent power gains you can't go wrong with a Blackwing.
I like the Vararam but its too breakable for what it cost and its a PITA to install.

Thats my 2 cents.
Old 07-12-2005, 04:38 PM
Casselvette
Pro

Doooom03, I can tell you are dying to do some mods to your car and that is cool. A lot of folks are doing this so there has to be something to it.
However, please allow me to give you my 2 cents and this is not intended to be anything except my thoughts (and I could be totally wrong!) so please don't flame me. I think the stock air intake has been designed to supply the current engine configuration with the correct amount of air for optimum performance. To increase the air flow without changing heads and cam could actually cause the engine to perform less than designed. In some cars, if you increase the air flow the car will actually "throw codes" as in the case of the '04 Z06.

More air flow does not always mean better power or more horsepower. If you are leaving the heads and cam alone then I would leave the air intake alone. If you want to increase the air flow and not spend a ton of money just install a Fram "air hog" or K&N filter.

Good luck with whatever you do and by all means have fun doing it!
Old 07-12-2005, 10:43 PM
ZaydeZ06
Pro

I'm thinking along the same line as Casselvette, but from a little different perspective. While I have the VaraRam on my Z06, and have had absolutely no problems with it, I probably would not go that route again. First, for me the car is plenty fast and has enormous torque. I'm not ever going to race it so other than the "testosterone factor" I don't need more power. Now appearance mods are another story. For what you would invest in a first rate air intake system you can be on your way to personalizing your Vette with appearance mods. I know others see things differently, but that's what makes the world go round. Good luck and enjoy
Old 07-12-2005, 10:47 PM
LTC Z06
Get Some!

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

In your first MAF thread you said you had the Granatelli Cold Air Intake System, so are you asking about an intake manifold? If so the stock manifold can support a lot of HP.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:54 PM
Robert56@RNS
Collections Hold

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MAJ Z06
In your first MAF thread you said you had the Granatelli Cold Air Intake System, so are you asking about an intake manifold? If so the stock manifold can support a lot of HP.
I agree, unless your going for mega hp and getting into major engine mods there is nothing better than a stock Z06 intake manifold.
One more thing, for any doubters on a CAI system just check out the times in the Z06 stockish times thread. They do work and add hp. Unless your racing, yes, it probably doesn't matter though.
Robert
Old 07-13-2005, 02:51 PM
Pio
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

I'm using a Halltech on my Z06 and the Vortex from BPP on my C6. Happy with both. The guys from A&A recommended the Halltech for ease of installation, Andy is running a Vortex on his 500+ RWHP C6 test vehicle.

For the coolest looks - check out the new Callaway Honker.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:56 PM
heavymetals
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

I have a Blackwing on my 2003 and it works just fine.

Get notified of new replies

To Whats the best LS6 Intake System

Quick Reply: [Z06] Whats the best LS6 Intake System