Old 01-05-2007, 07:28 PM
mr-z
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tax his ZO6

What Happened ???

At first I thought this was funny...
Then I realized the awful truth of it.
Be sure to read all the way to the end !

Tax his land,
Tax his bed,
Tax the table
At which he's fed.

Tax his tractor,
Tax his mule,
Teach him Taxes
Are the rule.

Tax his cow,
Tax his goat,
Tax his pants,
Tax his coat.

Tax his ties,
Tax his shirt,
Tax his work,
Tax his dirt.

Tax his tobacco,
Tax his drink,
Tax him if he
Tries to think.

Tax his cigars,
Tax his beers,
If he cries, then
Tax his tears.

Tax his car,and zo6
Tax his gas,
Find other ways
To Tax his ***.

Tax all he has
Then let him know,
That you won't be done
Till he has no dough.

When he screams and hollers,
Then Tax him some more,
Tax him till
He's good and sore.

Then Tax his coffin,
Tax his grave,
Tax the sod in
Which he's laid.

Put these words
upon his tomb:
"Taxes drove me
to my doom..."

When he's gone,
Do Not relax,
It's time to apply
The inheritance Tax.

Accounts Receivable Tax
Alternative Minimum Tax
Building Permit Tax
CDL license Tax
Cigarette Tax
City Tax
Corporate Income Tax
County Tax
Dog License Tax
Federal Income Tax
Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
Fishing License Tax
Food License Tax,
Fuel permit Tax
Gasoline Tax
Hunting License Tax
Inheritance Tax
Inventory Tax
IRS Interest Charges
IRS Penalties
(Tax on top of Tax)
Liquor Tax
Luxury Taxes
Marriage License Tax
Medicare Tax
Property Tax
Real Estate Tax
Service charge Tax
Social Security Tax
Road usage Tax
Sales Tax
Recreational Vehicle Tax
School Tax
State Income Tax
State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
Telephone federal excise Tax
Telephone federal universal service fee Tax
Telephone federal, state and local surcharge Tax
Telephone minimum usage surcharge Tax
Telephone recurring and non-recurring charges Tax
Telephone state and local Tax
Telephone usage charge Tax
Utility Tax
Vehicle License Registration Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax
Watercraft registration Tax
Well Permit Tax
Workers Compensation Tax

COMMENTS:
Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago,
and our nation was the most prosperous in the world.
We had absolutely no national debt,
we had the largest middle class in the world,
and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.
What happened ???

And... I still have to "press 1" for English.
I hope this goes around the world 10 times !
Old 01-05-2007, 08:05 PM
Z16 #1669
Pro

100 Years ago................Let's see now....no roads, no librarys, probably no fire protection, no garbage pick up....47 years till a Corvette. etc. etc. etc.

You gotta be jerking our legs!
Old 01-05-2007, 08:13 PM
mr-z
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Z16 #1669
100 Years ago................Let's see now....no roads, no librarys, probably no fire protection, no garbage pick up....47 years till a Corvette. etc. etc. etc.

You gotta be jerking our legs!

No...just yours!
Old 01-05-2007, 09:53 PM
vms4evr
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And this has what to do with a Z06? Get real...
Old 01-06-2007, 10:05 AM
mr-z
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by vms4evr
And this has what to do with a Z06? Get real...
It has everything to do with everything we purchase, including a Z06...when I saw what my friends and I have paid in taxes...close to $7k and a friend of mine paid over msrp and paid $8k, and then you start to think about taxes in general, and how much of the salaries we make, actually go for taxes..stop looking for some hidden meaning to analyze and argue over. This wasn't meant to be anything specific to Z06, but just an interesting topic that I thought I'd share with people. Lighten up! I didn't mean for it to be controversal in any way.
Old 01-06-2007, 10:40 AM
L98Terror
Race Director

W. Detroit Events Coordinator
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VII Autocross Champ

Originally Posted by mr-z
It has everything to do with everything we purchase, including a Z06...when I saw what my friends and I have paid in taxes...close to $7k and a friend of mine paid over msrp and paid $8k, and then you start to think about taxes in general, and how much of the salaries we make, actually go for taxes..stop looking for some hidden meaning to analyze and argue over. This wasn't meant to be anything specific to Z06, but just an interesting topic that I thought I'd share with people. Lighten up! I didn't mean for it to be controversal in any way.
If it wasn't for taxes I'd have 2 Z06s
Old 01-06-2007, 11:22 AM
4GS7
Melting Slicks

Received 114 Likes on 78 Posts

On the flip side of things, you could live in Sweden, where health care is socialized, the crime rate is much lower, and the standard of living is much higher, but they get taxed at least 70% of their income. America's taxes, in the grander scheme of things, aren't that bad.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:32 PM
Road machine
Safety Car

Received 250 Likes on 164 Posts

You have to realize that when more than 50% of the people in a country work in some form or another for the government, you have to pay more taxes. Everything that we have in this country has to be paid for. I for one would rather pay more tax now than borrow against our kids' future.
One tax that I realy don't mind is the inheritance (death) tax. Remember when this country was being concieved that england was ruled by royalty that had just passed thier wealth from one generation to the next. It was realized by our very bright forfathers that this was not good for the general society because the heirs of money have not earned that money and so have not served society and been rewarded. This type of wealth, in general, breeds lazy and weak people who because of their fathers struggle to get ahead, have power that has not been tempered by the understanding that society rewards individual contribution with money. More contribution to society equals more money which eventualy equals wealth. Without understanding the relavence of service to society and wealth you begin to get a class of people who drag down a society and the country as a whole gets weaker. I need only give one name to prove my point. Paris Hilton. To be sure you will still get that class of people but our founders put that tax in place to maintain some control. An individual who inherits a great deal of money and pays the tax on it, will still have to be smart to build up that inheritance again, a stupid lazy individual will squander and diminish that inheritance and so end the wealth line. Capitalism at it's best.
I know this has absolutly no bearing on our beloved Z06s, but I also love our country.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:43 PM
EB-Z06
Racer

Originally Posted by The Machine
You have to realize that when more than 50% of the people in a country work in some form or another for the government, you have to pay more taxes. Everything that we have in this country has to be paid for. I for one would rather pay more tax now than borrow against our kids' future.
One tax that I realy don't mind is the inheritance (death) tax. Remember when this country was being concieved that england was ruled by royalty that had just passed thier wealth from one generation to the next. It was realized by our very bright forfathers that this was not good for the general society because the heirs of money have not earned that money and so have not served society and been rewarded. This type of wealth, in general, breeds lazy and weak people who because of their fathers struggle to get ahead, have power that has not been tempered by the understanding that society rewards individual contribution with money. More contribution to society equals more money which eventualy equals wealth. Without understanding the relavence of service to society and wealth you begin to get a class of people who drag down a society and the country as a whole gets weaker. I need only give one name to prove my point. Paris Hilton. To be sure you will still get that class of people but our founders put that tax in place to maintain some control. An individual who inherits a great deal of money and pays the tax on it, will still have to be smart to build up that inheritance again, a stupid lazy individual will squander and diminish that inheritance and so end the wealth line. Capitalism at it's best.
I know this has absolutly no bearing on our beloved Z06s, but I also love our country.
Yeah, what he said...
Old 01-06-2007, 01:11 PM
Mr Dirkschneider
Heel & Toe

70% on the income is not what a factory worker pays in tax her in Sweden. I hade to check my latest salary paper. My income tax was 30%.

Link to my first post. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1590327

Last edited by Mr Dirkschneider; 01-06-2007 at 01:16 PM.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:35 PM
vms4evr
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by mr-z
Taking some rant about taxes and sticking the word Z06 in it still has nothing to do with the Z06 Section.

Your rant belongs over in (pick one)

Off Topic
Politics, Religion, & Controversy
Old 01-06-2007, 10:24 PM
RonVette2
Melting Slicks

Taxes on <--- this 02 Z06 a couple months ago were $2020.00 that equals a few good mods
Old 01-08-2007, 12:43 PM
Scott02Z06
Instructor

Old 01-08-2007, 03:46 PM
verskel
Safety Car

Originally Posted by vms4evr
Taking some rant about taxes and sticking the word Z06 in it still has nothing to do with the Z06 Section.

Your rant belongs over in (pick one)

Off Topic
Politics, Religion, & Controversy
Yeah well, look at it this way - at least the title has 'Z06'

Get notified of new replies

To Tax his ZO6

Quick Reply: [Z06] Tax his ZO6