Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window Tinting In California???

Old 04-13-2007, 01:38 AM
URNVS
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Tinting In California???

Does any of my fellow So-Cal-ers know a good place to get your windows tinted in the South Bay/ LA region of California?

THANKS!
Old 04-13-2007, 02:01 AM
spiral04
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You might be better off posting this in the events regional so cal section. I'm up the way in Northridge. Here there is Black Out tint shop and The California tint shop that are good. Regional section will get you shops closer to home.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:05 AM
D C
USMC (retired)
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

give these guys a call....talk to Nalaka...tell them Mark sent ya...they will take care of you.

Automotive Entertainment
2410 Wilshire Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90403
(310) 453-3541
Old 04-13-2007, 02:16 AM
Mike402
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

FYI, I just got pulled over about a week ago for my tint (limo dark). Cop tells me that any tint on front windows is illegal. However, if he can see through it, and person isn't driving like an a-hole, 90% of time he'll let them go.

My plan is to remove what I have, get ticket signed off, and then go lighter.

Just one man's experience here in Nazifornia
Old 04-13-2007, 02:24 AM
URNVS
Pro

Originally Posted by SoCalBaller
FYI, I just got pulled over about a week ago for my tint (limo dark). Cop tells me that any tint on front windows is illegal. However, if he can see through it, and person isn't driving like an a-hole, 90% of time he'll let them go.

thanks for the info! I had my Silverado SS blacked out and 35% on the front windshield all the way down and never got pulled over...I might just be lucky, but I also have a prescription for window tint so that helps

I was thinking 5% on the rear and sides then 35% on the front for the Z06...
Old 04-13-2007, 09:52 PM
URNVS
Pro

Originally Posted by D C
give these guys a call....talk to Nalaka...tell them Mark sent ya...they will take care of you.

Automotive Entertainment
2410 Wilshire Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90403
(310) 453-3541
Cool...I'll give them a call and see what they say!
Old 04-13-2007, 10:37 PM
LLVETTE
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by URNVS
thanks for the info! I had my Silverado SS blacked out and 35% on the front windshield all the way down and never got pulled over...I might just be lucky, but I also have a prescription for window tint so that helps

FYI, even with a scrip, the tint has to be removable at night per the CVC and the windshield is an absolute no-no, surprised that you never got nabbed for it.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:19 AM
Z06ster
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 127 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalBaller

Hey SoCalBaller, I'm just down the street from you in Westlake.

Anyway, when I got my vette, the previous owner had limo tint. He drove the car for a year and I had asked him if he had ever been stopped and he told me no. However, being a cautious person, I did have the limo tint removed shortly after I took ownership and went very light. Haven't had a problem yet.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:37 AM
ELTGuy_C5
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '05

Window tint is like not running a front plate here in the People's Republic of California. It's a "since you was" offense: Since the cop was busy writing you a ticket for being an idiot, he might as well hit you up for the plate/tint.

I used to live down the street from a Sheriff station... and no matter how many speed traps, stop sign lurks... heck even a few seat belt stake-outs, they ran, I never got bothered about the plate. Most even waved.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:49 AM
Tim04C5
Pro

Received 94 Likes on 33 Posts

This is the place I used,

Xlnt Tint of Anaheim, Inc.
2940 E. La Palma Ave. Suite C
Anaheim, CA, 92806
714-632-6603
www.xlnttint.com
Old 04-14-2007, 01:56 AM
Mike402
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ELTGuy_C5
Window tint is like not running a front plate here in the People's Republic of California. It's a "since you was" offense: Since the cop was busy writing you a ticket for being an idiot, he might as well hit you up for the plate/tint.

I used to live down the street from a Sheriff station... and no matter how many speed traps, stop sign lurks... heck even a few seat belt stake-outs, they ran, I never got bothered about the plate. Most even waved.
Count your lucky stars. I was rolling down Kanan Road, and two motorcycle cops were setting up a speed trap. I went by them (thankfully right at the speed limit), and one of them just stared at my car for what seemed an eternity. Sure enough about 4 minutes later I see him roaring up behind me, lights blaring.

He tells me that he saw numerous violations on my car (tint, blacked out tailights, and no front plate) Pulled me over for those, and nothing else. In the end he gave me a fix it ticket for the tint, and verbals for the plate & blackouts.

They can pretty much do whatever the heck they want around here. Just gotta catch em on a good day I guess.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:00 AM
Mike402
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Z06ster
Hey SoCalBaller, I'm just down the street from you in Westlake.

Anyway, when I got my vette, the previous owner had limo tint. He drove the car for a year and I had asked him if he had ever been stopped and he told me no. However, being a cautious person, I did have the limo tint removed shortly after I took ownership and went very light. Haven't had a problem yet.
Hey neighbor. I just had a stereo system installed by phantom electronics on TO blvd. They do pretty good work. Check it out:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1670703

I'm going the same route - going lighter on the tint this time around. Where did you get yours done? Happy w/ the service?
Old 04-14-2007, 02:07 AM
Rick Radcliffe
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From the judge (friend of mine): Prescription means absolutely nothing. A doctor's note does not override vehicle code. You can try it with the cop but if he writes you, don't bother in court (at least not his court.)

All tint, from the driver forward, is illegal. This includes strips on the windshield that are not part of the glass.

$10 to remove, ? to reapply. Cheap at twice the price.

And my understanding is that driving behavior and attitude with the cop will go a long way in determining if you get the ticket. Remember how many people they talk to every day. They're not stupid and get tired of the same crap from everyone. Try to make their life easier and they may take it easy on you.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:22 PM
nmbis2k
Instructor

The California Highway Patrol has a priority to look for - drunk drivers, reckless drivers, and no seatbelts.

They have too much business with the aforementioned idiots to waste much time chasing Corvettes for no front license plates.

However, if you are stopped, your attitude and conduct at that point may be a factor if you are issued a ticket for no plate, or anything else.

So,,,,IMHO....I appreciate the job they do....and still have no front plate on my 2000 coupe.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:44 PM
napacruzerc5
Safety Car

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by nmbis2k
The California Highway Patrol has a priority to look for - drunk drivers, reckless drivers, and no seatbelts.

They have too much business with the aforementioned idiots to waste much time chasing Corvettes for no front license plates.

However, if you are stopped, your attitude and conduct at that point may be a factor if you are issued a ticket for no plate, or anything else.

So,,,,IMHO....I appreciate the job they do....and still have no front plate on my 2000 coupe.

Tell that to the CHP motorbike cop who stopped me and wrote me up for tint and no front plate. He even had a special machine which measured the tint. Nope, I wasn't speeding. He said he specifically stopped me for the tint. BTW he usually patrols near the Oakland Bay Bridge in Berkeley.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:51 PM
WetteVette
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Tint/Plate

We run with no front plate. We tint our windows. We know it's illegal. It's just a matter of time.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:55 PM
ILLUSHN
Safety Car

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts

I've used A1 Doctor Tint in Carson for years. I've sent many others there as well. No bad experiences as of yet.

Get notified of new replies

To Window Tinting In California???

Old 04-24-2007, 02:47 AM
URNVS
Pro

PS. IF I TINT THE FRONT WINDOW WILL IT MESS UP THE HEADS-UP?
Old 04-24-2007, 11:48 AM
MyVetteDream
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: HOW FAST WAS I GOING OFFICER? Los Angeles Hating GM Dealership Service Dept.'s Since Sept. 2004
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07

PS. IF I TINT THE FRONT WINDOW WILL IT MESS UP THE HEADS-UP?
I heard it only get a bit lighter, but nothing too different.

I have l limo all the way around and light (which is almost clear to cut extra UV on the front)

Last edited by MyVetteDream; 04-24-2007 at 11:51 AM.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:23 PM
URNVS
Pro

Originally Posted by MyVetteDream
I heard it only get a bit lighter, but nothing too different.

I have l limo all the way around and light (which is almost clear to cut extra UV on the front)

THX for the info! NICE LOOKIN RIDE!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Window Tinting In California???