Sponsored by:

[Z06] Where is jack and jacking points

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 09:19 AM
slo poke
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where is jack and jacking points

Just bought an 03 EB Z06 and it doesn't have the owners manual. Where is the jack located and where are the jacking points on the car. Also, I assume that there is supposed to be a can of "fix-a-flat" in the car since there is no spare?
Old 06-26-2007, 09:24 AM
Bad Machine
Melting Slicks

Location: Rude, Loud and Aggressive! ECS Twisted Racing, "How fast do ya wanna go?"

Originally Posted by slo poke
Just bought an 03 EB Z06 and it doesn't have the owners manual. Where is the jack located and where are the jacking points on the car. Also, I assume that there is supposed to be a can of "fix-a-flat" in the car since there is no spare?
There is no jack. Call AAA. Yes there is suppsed to be a kit with fix a flat and a 12v compessor.

The jacking Pts are at the bends in the frame, if you look under there you will see oblong holes. Keep the jack off the rockers and off of the big grey area, that is the balsa wood floor pan!
Old 06-26-2007, 09:25 AM
bluestreak63
Safety Car

Received 286 Likes on 172 Posts

Congratualtions...

You're in luck...there is no jack, that's just more to weigh you down...

It should have come with a tire inflator kit in the trunk area well. If it's not there, go back to the person that sold it and inquire about it.

The jacking points are two to a side at the rocker panels just about where the front of the door is and where the rear of the door is. Look underneath and you'll see a cutout from the rocker panel and a slot that goes up into the frame. Many folks have jacking pucks (search function), including me. Mine were made from 1 inch eye bolts and hockey pucks. Works like a charm...
Old 06-26-2007, 10:41 AM
Melsy
Instructor

All the above is correct. Go to <www.helminc.com> and purchase an Owner's manual and Shop manual. They are the official suppliers. Also, don't waste your money (~$600) for the GM Z06 tire repair "kit". It is a nightmare. Just get a plug kit, maybe some tire sealant (if you don't have the TPS system) and a little inflator for ~$30. That's all you need.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:18 PM
Ranger
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Here you go. From my clipping library....

Ranger
Attached Images  

Last edited by Ranger; 06-26-2007 at 12:21 PM.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:43 PM
hotwheels57
Race Director

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

I didn't get an inflation kit in my Z16 either. It seems that the previous owners or detailing shops take them out and sell them separately.
If you need an inflation kit, there are usually some in the CF classified section for sale...expect to pay anywhere from $100 and up. Watch the sealant expiration dates.
You can buy an after market set up of compressor, sealant and tire plugs from your favorite auto supply for less than $50 but it won't come with a case. THE TIRE RACK sells an inflation kit as well.
You can find the oem kits on EBAY if you like that venue. The ones I've seen usually have expired sealant though.

Here's an apparent little known option to consider. Of coarse, I didn't find this out until after I bought my oem kit from a CF member. These have sold for as little as $65 and some for more than the stabilized current price. DISCOUNT TIRE DIRECT is selling complete tire inflation kits on EBAY for $85 with free shipping. The kit appears to be very similar to the oem GM kit, including case, compressor and sealant.
Apparently, they give these out to people who buy after market over sized tires/wheels. It has a big "DISCOUNT TIRE" DECAL on the side of the case which probably could be removed. Do an EBAY search under "C5 Corvette" or "Z06 Corvette" and you should be able to find the DISCOUNT TIRE DIRECT auctions. I've checked the local DISCOUNT TIRE stores and they do not sell the kits. Funny, DISCOUNT TIRE DIRECT sells the same kit under Porsche and other high end cars for much more money. We're not the only enthusiasts who suffer from the "tax".

Last edited by hotwheels57; 06-26-2007 at 06:34 PM.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:25 PM
TBZ06
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Tire Inflator Kit

I have a 2004 Z06 and the kit was missing from my car as well. I just purchased the kit from Discount and it is a very close match of the GM kit. It even has the GM part numbers on the sealant and the compressor. The Discount sticker peels off very easily.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:00 PM
vms4evr
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want a soft copy of the owners manual for free. Go to www.gmpartshouse.com

Look on the right side of the screen for owners manuals. They are in pdf format. Handy to have a soft copy even if you have the hard copy.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:20 PM
Tact
Law Dawg Moderator

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
CF St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Call Gene Culley
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1739583
Old 06-26-2007, 05:43 PM
2TONE82
Melting Slicks

Received 310 Likes on 133 Posts

As usual, these guys covered most everything; no jack, jack points and inflation kit; aint this forum great!

I'll add two things.

1. If I get a flat I'm calling 1-800-come-get-me. Only way I'll use the inflation kit is if I'm stranded between here and no-where - I don't normally drive that route so....

2. The jacking pucks. Do a search on the pucks and look for the thread on BMW pucks. Order them on line, they are about $7 each. Local BMW dealer had them but they are way high - like $15 each. I ordered four and leave them in the holes all the time. This way I don't have to remember them should my car be at a shop and needed lifting.

Oh, congrats on joining the Z06 crowd!
Old 06-26-2007, 06:05 PM
hotwheels57
Race Director

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

If you want to carry an aluminum jack (some don't, I do), you can find these very inexpensively on EBAY.
They're all aluminum, originally intended for a Porsche or Mazda RX7. They weigh almost nothing and have a nub which will fit into the jacking points of a C5/Z06. They collapse down to about 3".

Old 06-26-2007, 06:58 PM
Shylor
Le Mans Master

I use one of these, very light weight and only cost me $50 from a forum member.

Get notified of new replies

To Where is jack and jacking points

Quick Reply: [Z06] Where is jack and jacking points