Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] EBCM Code C1214

Old 11-08-2009, 06:45 PM
gregm999
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Default EBCM Code C1214

I've owned my 02 Z06 for about 6 months now and thus far I've had no problems, until today. Went to start the car today and as soon as I started it I got the dreaded service active handling/traction control/abs message. Went to check the codes and got code C1214 C H for the EBCM. I tried resetting the code but it would not clear. I drove the car around for a while, tried clearing the code again, but it would not budge. From most reading I have done, this is normally a bad EBCM. However, in most cases, this seems to happen intermittently, whereas mine just appeared suddenly and won't go away. Is it worth it to check the grounds and wiring before pulling the EBCM for rebuild, and if so, what specific grounds and wiring should I look at?

Also, I just installed new rear wheels yesterday. Same size as stock. I don't suppose this could be contributing to the problem? I haven't had any problems or vibrations coming from the wheels, they ride perfect just as before. I don't think this would have anything to do with the problem, but just making sure.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:09 PM
DARRYLZO6
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A common C5 problem is a blown ECBM module. Its probably not the wheels, more likely the module is toast. Theres a chance the code will go out for a while, but expect it to come back. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but if youve read this forum for awhile, many forum members at one time or another is faced with this problem . You should be able to find a thread somewhere that can describe the procedure to remove it yourself. Very easy. You can also send the unit to ABSFIXER.com to repair the unit for $150. (Or $1600+ at the dealership). Since wintertime is just about here, I probably wouldnt worry about it until after you hibernate the vette this winter. Hope this helps.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:16 PM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Just for the heck of it, check the abs sensor connectors at the wheel. Unplug, shoot some electrical contact cleaner in them, and replug them in. If that doesn't do it, get intouch with ABSfixer.com. Its a very easily replaced part.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:43 PM
z06 vett
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DARRYLZO6 is right,
lot of repair co.'S on bay,cheap!!!
YOU REMOVE IT AND SEND OFF .YOU CAN STILL DRIVE UNTILL IT COMES BACK.
GOOD LUCK

MIKE
Old 11-08-2009, 11:02 PM
gregm999
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys for the advice. I think I will send it out for repair to the company who's on the auction site for $50. I've heard good things about absfixer, but I have also heard good things about this other company and they are $100 cheaper with a lifetime warranty! Can't go wrong.

Get notified of new replies

To EBCM Code C1214

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] EBCM Code C1214