Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] 2003 Stock Injector Size? Tune question.

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 11:20 AM
mph1972
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

Default 2003 Stock Injector Size? Tune question.

Did search and I couldn't find exactly what I needed. What are the stock injector sizes for the 2003 C5Z?

Doing LTs (already have the VR) and I am thinking of going up to 42lbs injectors.

Over kill?

One more thing. If I can't get a tune right away. Have HPTuners, just need to figure it out. How will my car run with these injectors until tune is complete?

Thanks guys,

Micah
Old 11-04-2010, 12:04 PM
MawneeC5
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Wayyyyy overkill unless you are planning to go Forced induction or a really extreme heads and cam package. The stockers are 28.8lb
Old 11-04-2010, 12:23 PM
frcslave
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 42lb/hr injectors should not be needed for simple bolt-ons - the stock injector size is rated at 28.8lb/hr. If you have uploaded your tune to your computer already you can look under fuel control - general - flow rate vs. KPA. These are the actual IFR values the computer uses to correctly model the injector. They will be higher than 28.8 due to manifold vacuum.

If you do use the 42lb/hr injectors then you will need to get all the information for the injector tables (Offset, short pulse, ect...) as well as the correct IFR values. Be sure before purchasing injectors that this information can be obtained otherwise you may run into problems with the tune. Good luck!

Gabe
Old 11-04-2010, 02:14 PM
mph1972
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by frcslave
The 42lb/hr injectors should not be needed for simple bolt-ons - the stock injector size is rated at 28.8lb/hr. If you have uploaded your tune to your computer already you can look under fuel control - general - flow rate vs. KPA. These are the actual IFR values the computer uses to correctly model the injector. They will be higher than 28.8 due to manifold vacuum.

If you do use the 42lb/hr injectors then you will need to get all the information for the injector tables (Offset, short pulse, ect...) as well as the correct IFR values. Be sure before purchasing injectors that this information can be obtained otherwise you may run into problems with the tune. Good luck!

Gabe
Thanks guys! A buddy has a brand new set sitting around, never used and was going to give them to me. I am not buying them. I think they might be overkill also, but I may hang on to them until I CAM the car down the road. Appreciate the help.

Get notified of new replies

To 2003 Stock Injector Size? Tune question.

Quick Reply: [Z06] 2003 Stock Injector Size? Tune question.