C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] Where are the Key Hole Covers?

Old 10-20-2014, 04:50 PM
ssrallyred
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Had mine for about 6 months now, still perfect. Funny thing is that never really notice it until another C5 comes in the shop without one and it really is noticeable.
Old 10-21-2014, 04:40 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 287 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

Originally Posted by ssrallyred
Had mine for about 6 months now, still perfect. Funny thing is that never really notice it until another C5 comes in the shop without one and it really is noticeable.
Old 01-24-2015, 01:56 PM
taskforce121
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran

Default Lock cover

Order submitted, can't wait to install. As usual a great shopping experience.

Phil
Old 02-10-2015, 09:13 PM
MikeNSX
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looking forward to receiving mine. Thanks for sending out a replacement for the one that was lost by the USPS.

Last edited by MikeNSX; 02-11-2015 at 02:06 PM.
Old 02-28-2015, 07:46 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by MikeNSX
Looking forward to receiving mine. Thanks for sending out a replacement for the one that was lost by the USPS.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:52 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

We have had a ton of customers asking me "what ever happened to our Corvette C5 Painted to match Corvette C5 Painted Keyhole Covers ?"

We have been selling these things since 2006 and turns out someone who manages the web site moved them into a category where nobody would look.

Anyway, here they are for those that are looking for them...
Corvette C5 Key Hole Covers

Now you can hide that keyhole (also keeps debris out of the keyhole so when you need it, it is clean and ready to use). Our Patented design is perfectly color-matched with OEM factory paint and clear coated for a perfect finish. We have all C5 factory paint available from 1997-2004. The Invisi-Lock is made from high quality, nickel plated magnet (not some hardware store hack job) which snap into place without any modifications and can be removed just as easily if your key fob stops working.

- Built to Last - Nickel Plated, primed, painted with
base coat, and six layers of clear coat.
- Very High Quality
- OEM Paint for a perfect finish
- Easy to install

Thanks,

Jim
Old 11-06-2015, 09:09 AM
Lil'Red Z06
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd love any advice getting one off. Tip of a screw/nail isn't working. Yes it's magnetized, but not strong enough to pull it out of the recessed hole. Thinking now I'm going to squirt a tiny bit gorilla glue on the nail head & let it adhere itself to the key hole cover. Maybe then I can get it out.
Old 11-06-2015, 11:23 PM
jjanow
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lil'Red Z06
I'd love any advice getting one off. Tip of a screw/nail isn't working. Yes it's magnetized, but not strong enough to pull it out of the recessed hole. Thinking now I'm going to squirt a tiny bit gorilla glue on the nail head & let it adhere itself to the key hole cover. Maybe then I can get it out.

I had the same problem. Mine would not come out no matter what I tried. I also tried superglue on a bolt head to the cover, it would let me rotate the cover but it would not come off off. I called Southern car parts and the vendor sent out a stack of magnets that was stronger than the cover magnet. After I tried it several times it worked and the cover came off. I have not put the replacement back on, I'm afraid it will also get stuck on. Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
Lil'Red Z06 (11-09-2015)
Old 11-27-2015, 08:49 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

We have had a ton of customers asking me "what ever happened to our Corvette C5 Painted to match Corvette C5 Painted Keyhole Covers ?"

We have been selling these things since 2006 and turns out someone who manages the web site moved them into a category where nobody would look.

Anyway, here they are for those that are looking for them...
Corvette C5 Key Hole Covers

Now you can hide that keyhole (also keeps debris out of the keyhole so when you need it, it is clean and ready to use). Our Patented design is perfectly color-matched with OEM factory paint and clear coated for a perfect finish. We have all C5 factory paint available from 1997-2004. The Invisi-Lock is made from high quality, nickel plated magnet (not some hardware store hack job) which snap into place without any modifications and can be removed just as easily if your key fob stops working.

- Built to Last - Nickel Plated, primed, painted with
base coat, and six layers of clear coat.
- Very High Quality
- OEM Paint for a perfect finish
- Easy to install

Thanks,

Jim
Old 12-09-2015, 11:30 PM
jjanow
Advanced

Were you able to get your cover off, if so how did you do it?
Old 12-10-2015, 03:51 PM
Lil'Red Z06
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jjanow
Were you able to get your cover off, if so how did you do it?
Ended up having to break the key cover into pieces to get it off. Frustrating to say the least. Will never install another one.
Old 12-10-2015, 04:43 PM
jjanow
Advanced

Ended up having to break the key cover into pieces to get it off. Frustrating to say the least. Will never install another one.
Thanks for the answer, also I will never use another one for the same reason.. I'm afraid it will not come out if I need it to.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] Where are the Key Hole Covers?