Go Back   Corvette Forum > C5 Corvettes, 1997 - 2004 > C5 Z06 Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C5 Z06 Discussion
General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LS6 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track Sponsored by
PFYC

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 01-30-2012, 11:20 AM   #1
LiteraCola
CF Senior Member

Default Driver side door will not unlock with key fob..

Hey guys, I noticed last night that my key fob will not unlock the driver side door most of the time. It does work intermittently, but only after pressing the unlock button about 25 times quickly haha. The lock funtion works perfectly and when I hit the unlock button, the passenger side unlocks but not the driver side. Door control module going bad? And would that module set a DTC if it was F-ing up?
LiteraCola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:14 PM   #2
psydude

I have the same issue. Oddly enough, when it first started happening it would suddenly work again once the temperature went down at night and in the mornings. Now it just refuses to work at all.

Some googling suggests it could be loose shielding around a wire in the wiring harness connector located right at the door joint, but for both your problem and mine I don't think that's the case (I pulled it out and looked at it and it was fine on mine). It does throw a DTC code, though, for the entire LSDM, but all that really only states the obvious.
psydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:31 PM   #3
Deviant LS6
CF Senior Member

Sounds like a bad door lock control module. Just the relay really but it's soldered to the whole board. It won't throw a DTC code. I had a similiar issue but only my driverside door lock would unlock with the key fob or door buttons. I replaced both passenger and driver door lock modules with a set of known working modules and everything is back to normal. Didn't get any lights.
Deviant LS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:36 PM   #4
leadfoot4
CF Senior Member

I suggest that you do a search. There was an excellent "how-to" put together here by one of the CF members, and it detailed how to replace the relays, therefore eliminating the need to replace the whole circuit board. I had lock/unlock issues on two seperate occasions, and was able to "simply" change the bad relays, by following the write up.
leadfoot4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:06 PM   #5
LS2NSUV
CF Senior Member

If my Z has been locked over night, when I go to unlock it, the DS unlocks on first push of the fob. Then the PS will only unlock on the third push. Not the second push like it's suppose to.

After this initial unlock sequence, if I lock it all up again and then go to unlock it, it works normally for the DS then PS unlocking on first and second push, respectively.
LS2NSUV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:53 PM   #6
Scooter70
CF Senior Member

scooter70 scooter477
Send a message via AIM to Scooter70

I just got mine working the other day. Do yourself a favor and replace both the lock and unlock relays. They're cheap. My drivers door wouldn't lock with the fob but it would unlock. I first replaced the lock one but that didn't fix it. Evidently the ground for one goes through the other. When I replaced the second relay, everything worked.

Here's the website with the info. http://www.ronjpics.com/Corvettestuff.htm#DCM
Scooter70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:43 PM   #7
SJSZ06
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
I suggest that you do a search. There was an excellent "how-to" put together here by one of the CF members, and it detailed how to replace the relays, therefore eliminating the need to replace the whole circuit board. I had lock/unlock issues on two seperate occasions, and was able to "simply" change the bad relays, by following the write up.

I had that post bookmarked, but the link won't work now. The post may have been moved to some archive somewhere because it tells me I don't have permissions to display that page.

It was at this link: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...w-problem.html

Wish I had saved it somewhere... it called for relays from DigiKey that had better ratings than the OEM relays. I replaced my relays (driver side door wouldn't lock with fob) and they are still working fine.
SJSZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:27 AM   #8
rbartick
CF Senior Member

Location: Admit nothing, Deny everything, Make counter accusations

Those relays can be hard to find. I tried to buy a set last year and everyone was out of stock.
rbartick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:16 PM   #9
Scooter70
CF Senior Member

scooter70 scooter477
Send a message via AIM to Scooter70

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbartick View Post
Those relays can be hard to find. I tried to buy a set last year and everyone was out of stock.
Digikey has over 30k of them in stock for $1.72 each.

http://parts.digikey.com/1/parts/747...sm1-12v-5.html

Do yourself a favor and order at least 3.
Scooter70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:17 PM   #10
newenglandguy

Default I can not get in to the link below

I can't get in to the link below. Is it dependent on what level membership I have? I just found this forum when searching how to troubleshoot the problem that I ran in to this morning. I have a similar issue with my 2009 Corvette. Drivers side door does not unlock with either the key fob or when using the button on the inside of the door. Hoping link below shows how to get access to the relay and actuator behind door panel.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJSZ06 View Post

I had that post bookmarked, but the link won't work now. The post may have been moved to some archive somewhere because it tells me I don't have permissions to display that page.

It was at this link: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...w-problem.html

Wish I had saved it somewhere... it called for relays from DigiKey that had better ratings than the OEM relays. I replaced my relays (driver side door wouldn't lock with fob) and they are still working fine.
newenglandguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:17 PM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C5 Corvettes, 1997 - 2004 > C5 Z06 Discussion
Reload this Page Driver side door will not unlock with key fob..

Tags
2007, 2009, c3, corvette, door, doow, driver, fob, key, lock, unlock, unlocks, wanna, wont, working