Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] Need cam selection help

Old 02-15-2012, 08:21 PM
notlikemez06
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need cam selection help

I heard a nasty cammed 02 z06 and was like wow. My car is just more on the loud side (I like it that way) But i loved the lope with the idle. Now my car is an 02 z06 with lg longtubes,vararam cai, no cats, borlas in back, mild cam not sure specs was in car when i got it. Im old school so i like the loping sound old school style. I found one i liked on you tube. Just want advice on a good sounding and drivable cam setup.
Thanks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2oaJ...eature=related
Old 02-15-2012, 09:13 PM
spoolin7
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you can buy mine

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-p...02-113lsa.html

vid of it doing a burnout for some open throttle sound:

Old 02-16-2012, 05:25 AM
fatlt1
Racer

Originally Posted by notlikemez06
I heard a nasty cammed 02 z06 and was like wow. My car is just more on the loud side (I like it that way) But i loved the lope with the idle. Now my car is an 02 z06 with lg longtubes,vararam cai, no cats, borlas in back, mild cam not sure specs was in car when i got it. Im old school so i like the loping sound old school style. I found one i liked on you tube. Just want advice on a good sounding and drivable cam setup.
Thanks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2oaJ...eature=related
thats exacty what i have in my z06 and i love it. driveability is great and it sounds exctly like the one in the video. i have the same mods as the guy on the vid and dynoed the same. your main concern is getting a good dyno tune on it. i love the futral f14 cam and with the slp loudmouth its insanely loud. i had my factory ti exhaust and it was good but once i did the slp man it was a different animal. cant go worng with a futral cam, i used to have a f13 in my camaro and it actually dynoed more than my f14 in my z06 go figure. allan futral specs out some great cams and they are on a cam motion grind core.the f14 is a 232/234 at .600 lift on a 112lsa. similair to a tsp torquer v2 cam and i was actually going to get the tsp cam but got a great deal on the f14. im very happy with the f14 cam.

that vidoe above sold me on the f14 cam lol, that is absolutyely the best vidoe on youtube on a cammed c5 z06 i have seen. i was going to make one of mine but im lazy haha. that video is awesome and the sound is exactly like that on my car. my car literally scares people ive been told. this cam sounds mean and performs great.

Last edited by fatlt1; 02-16-2012 at 05:30 AM.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:46 AM
notlikemez06
Advanced

Originally Posted by fatlt1
thats exacty what i have in my z06 and i love it. driveability is great and it sounds exctly like the one in the video. i have the same mods as the guy on the vid and dynoed the same. your main concern is getting a good dyno tune on it. i love the futral f14 cam and with the slp loudmouth its insanely loud. i had my factory ti exhaust and it was good but once i did the slp man it was a different animal. cant go worng with a futral cam, i used to have a f13 in my camaro and it actually dynoed more than my f14 in my z06 go figure. allan futral specs out some great cams and they are on a cam motion grind core.the f14 is a 232/234 at .600 lift on a 112lsa. similair to a tsp torquer v2 cam and i was actually going to get the tsp cam but got a great deal on the f14. im very happy with the f14 cam.

that vidoe above sold me on the f14 cam lol, that is absolutyely the best vidoe on youtube on a cammed c5 z06 i have seen. i was going to make one of mine but im lazy haha. that video is awesome and the sound is exactly like that on my car. my car literally scares people ive been told. this cam sounds mean and performs great.
Oh cool. So do you mean you have the same mods as i have?? Or what do you have done to your car? I have a few great tuners here in fla so im good there. Where can i find this cam and what else did you change? Like pushrods,springs, seals, etc. What can i expect to pay for the whole deal? Sorry for so many questions. Thanks for your time help.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:12 AM
fatlt1
Racer

Originally Posted by notlikemez06
Oh cool. So do you mean you have the same mods as i have?? Or what do you have done to your car? I have a few great tuners here in fla so im good there. Where can i find this cam and what else did you change? Like pushrods,springs, seals, etc. What can i expect to pay for the whole deal? Sorry for so many questions. Thanks for your time help.
futral motorsports is the supplier of the f14 cam call and speak with allan futral owner of the shop. they are a very well known shop down south for lsx builds. im sure he can package you out a great set up. but i bought everything seperate. i run the patriot gold dual springs, comp 7.425 pushrods, standard are the 7.400 stock lenght but with the small base cirlce i went with .025 longer to quiet down the valve train. the patriot gold dual sprig kit is great cuz it comes with everything you need including seals and titanium retainers. i have kooks longtubes,off road xpipe,slp loud mouth and a vararam intake and a powerbond pulley, pretty much same bolt ons as the guy on the video and mine dynoed exactly the same 422rwhp over 400rwtq. car moves out pretty good and sounds nasty for sure. it is a med-high cam in my opinion, with a good tuner it will drive great. you do notice some low end gone but it rips from 3000rpm and above. i like the cam alot, but if i had to do it over again i would have left the stock ls6 cam in there with full bolt ons. either way it would have been fine im not complaining. with these cars you cant just leave them alone haha your always wanting to do something or change something. modding a car is a addictive hobby for sure. im actually looking to do either a nitrous kit or a blower kit myself. but if i go the blower route this cam has to come out again so i dunno lol. the stock ls6 cam would have been perfect for that actually. heres the info on the cam below, there are couple different variations on the f14 cam, i chose the low lift on 112lsa. there is a high lift on 112lsa and a low and high lift on a 114lsa as well.

the cam i chose was this:
FM1-F14-112 FMS Custom Grind Camshaft - 232"/234" .598"/.598" 112LSA - aggressive profile with a 3000-7000 RPM range, rough idle

http://www.futralmotorsports.com/fms...asp?pf=3&pg=29

Get notified of new replies

To Need cam selection help

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] Need cam selection help