Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] best method to lower the rear c5 z06?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 05:54 PM
ttboost1
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 32 Posts

Default best method to lower the rear c5 z06?

Whats the best method- longer rear lowering bolts?> What are the best ones at the best price?
Old 03-26-2012, 06:29 PM
ctusser
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most are pretty cheap, I believe Zip makes a kit for around $50. Keep in mind if you lower more than the factory adjustment allows the car is going to handle like crap unless you go to a shorter body shock.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:30 PM
vms4evr
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't. Slamming a Z06 will make it handle like crap. Lower it with the stock bolts so that 2 threads are showing on the rears. Lower the fronts all the way. Wait a week. What you got is what you got. Want it lower and good handling. You'll need coil-overs.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:42 PM
momo20
Safety Car

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by vms4evr
Don't. Slamming a Z06 will make it handle like crap. Lower it with the stock bolts so that 2 threads are showing on the rears. Lower the fronts all the way. Wait a week. What you got is what you got. Want it lower and good handling. You'll need coil-overs.
pretty good advice
Old 03-27-2012, 12:41 PM
ZO ZICK
Team Owner

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts

Old 03-27-2012, 01:42 PM
ttboost1
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 32 Posts

thanks, I'll just go to the stock limits.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:50 PM
Titan22
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Factory max?

Is it good to be at the max factory adjustment? I'm wanting to lower mine and have plans to modify the suspension over time but have to take things slow. By going to the max factory setting will it improve the handling or am I better to leave it like it came?
Old 05-17-2012, 08:17 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

X3

Slaming a vette is for parking lot queens, not drivers.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:56 AM
Solofast
Melting Slicks

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Titan22
Is it good to be at the max factory adjustment? I'm wanting to lower mine and have plans to modify the suspension over time but have to take things slow. By going to the max factory setting will it improve the handling or am I better to leave it like it came?
If you want the optimum handling you want to lower it about 3/4 of an inch from stock. Lowering it all the way on stock bolts, as others have mentioned will cause the shocks to bottom, but also will throw off the suspension geometry and the car won't handle well at all.

If you want to do it right, go to the DIY sticky in the C5 tech section and find the post on lowering it the right way. That explains all of the tricks to lowering it. Finally, if you are looking for great handling think about corner weighting the car when you are done.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:03 AM
Titan22
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Solofast
If you want the optimum handling you want to lower it about 3/4 of an inch from stock. Lowering it all the way on stock bolts, as others have mentioned will cause the shocks to bottom, but also will throw off the suspension geometry and the car won't handle well at all.

If you want to do it right, go to the DIY sticky in the C5 tech section and find the post on lowering it the right way. That explains all of the tricks to lowering it. Finally, if you are looking for great handling think about corner weighting the car when you are done.

Thanks, Thats what I was looking for!
Old 05-17-2012, 12:08 PM
ysb02
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Don't.... You'll need coil-overs.

Get notified of new replies

To best method to lower the rear c5 z06?

Quick Reply: [Z06] best method to lower the rear c5 z06?