Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] Modify stock exaust

Old 02-15-2013, 04:33 PM
crowdog
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modify stock exaust

Looking for some info on modifying the stock exhaust on my 04 Z who has done it and what was the results, better sound? increased airflow any drone at highway cruising speed? thanks fellas.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:03 PM
z06Maniac
Racer

I just did it and the results are awesome! It's called the ti-mod or the ti-bypass (search on those). You order the tubing from Titanium Joe. Then you find someone to do the welding for you That's the toughest part, finding some who knows what they're doing to weld titanium. I have a cam. Couldn't really hear it well before the mod. Now you can hear that wonderful lope at idle. Cruise is close to stock, which is what I wanted. Sounds great when you lean into it. Didn't cost much for the tubing. I sold what I didn't use. Welding was really reasonable. You can't beat this mod for the money compared to what you pay for a decent aftermarket system, and this was exactly what I wanted.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:58 AM
YeloZ06
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

I swapped it all out. I have LG Super Pro longtube offroad headers that were ceramic coated inside and out , I removed the cats added an x-pipe and have a Billy Boat Bullet exhaust. My Z06 is an 02. It's been supercharged and has other mods. It's loud as hell and I love it! No emissions here in Hawaii.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:06 AM
crowdog
Intermediate

Thanks Maniac I will do a Ti-bypass search. This mod makes sense to me the stock exhaust is light and durable and the cost is minimal, I'm guessing not much in the way of performance but a little more rumble with no drone will work for me!
Old 02-16-2013, 02:29 PM
onspeed
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by z06Maniac
I just did it and the results are awesome! It's called the ti-mod or the ti-bypass (search on those). You order the tubing from Titanium Joe. Then you find someone to do the welding for you That's the toughest part, finding some who knows what they're doing to weld titanium. I have a cam. Couldn't really hear it well before the mod. Now you can hear that wonderful lope at idle. Cruise is close to stock, which is what I wanted. Sounds great when you lean into it. Didn't cost much for the tubing. I sold what I didn't use. Welding was really reasonable. You can't beat this mod for the money compared to what you pay for a decent aftermarket system, and this was exactly what I wanted.
How much did you pay and where did you go?
Old 02-17-2013, 11:44 AM
latenightlarry
Racer

you have a PM
Old 02-17-2013, 12:34 PM
JeremyGSU
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

I had it done and did a write-up.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-z...ed-2012-a.html
Old 02-18-2013, 09:31 PM
z06Maniac
Racer

Originally Posted by onspeed
How much did you pay and where did you go?
I paid $97 for 24 inches of tubing from Titanium Joe. Only used 9" so I sold the rest for $45. I had some other work being done so my performance friend cut me a break on removing and re-installing my catback. Welding was done by Mike at Accufab Metal Fabrication in Tomball TX. Give him a call...price was very reasonable. You can easily do the whole thing for under $400, including removal and re-install. You can't even buy aftermarket mufflers for that! BTW I had a ton of work done by Reckart Performance Tuning and I'm thrilled with the results. PM me if you want more details.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:06 PM
momo20
Safety Car

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

i wanted to go this route so bad..but finding someone in my area that could weld the Ti was not gonna happen..so i eneded up buying a corsa exhaust
Old 02-19-2013, 01:52 AM
Blue Blood
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 59 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13, '15,'21

Originally Posted by crowdog
Looking for some info on modifying the stock exhaust on my 04 Z who has done it and what was the results, better sound? increased airflow any drone at highway cruising speed? thanks fellas.
Check out Quinn @ 74weld in San Diego, he's one the work for many of us in LA - OC - SD. He might even still have some material.

Get notified of new replies

To Modify stock exaust

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] Modify stock exaust