Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] OEM Clutch Master Cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 03:50 PM
Ludeaem
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks guys, I just went with the 3/4 kit. I'll see how it reacts with my stock clutch.
Old 07-04-2020, 03:04 PM
C5forever79
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My C5

Originally Posted by wittlestguy
SOOOOOOO..... I changed my MC..... I can't believe how AMAZING my car drives now! I changed it out and insulated the lines last night, and ran the crap out of it today. Pull after pull, it did not skip a beat or stick what so ever!!! I just love it.

The shifts are so consistent it is great, if anyone is having any issues with their clutch, I highly recommend getting a new OEM MC. I am excited to see how it holds up, especially since the lines are insulated now.
I bought a 2004 completely stock C5 with 71k on it. Seems the people only drove it and never maintenanced it. I could do pulls like crazy no problem then reading forums I came across clutch MC problems. I check my fluid it was black i did a complete bleed from the bleeder running new fluid through it. 2 bottles to be sure it was clean. Shifts great but after a hard pull or heavy driving the clutch pedal seems to stick now🧐. I inspected clutch when bleeding still lots of material and it dont slip. So i thought of replacing with stock and insulating the line as well as you did to see if it will work. But before that I was torn on getting a tick unit as well. But after reading your post. I will go with oem from GM parts and heat shield lines. Thanks for post and all the info.
Old 07-06-2020, 09:38 PM
strand rider
Safety Car

Received 235 Likes on 181 Posts

I replaced my stock C5 master with a C6 stock master, on advice from this forum. It bolts right in, no problems, functions as stock, but is a little larger in the fluid cup. A better moisture shield in the filler cap was said to be the advantage. I went new OEM parts on everything except the McLeod clutch and flywheel.

Many parts lines have had to develop a second tier line to compete with the full generic budget lines from local auto parts stores. As these chain stores started expending sales by delivering to repair shops , who often have customers who just want the lowest price, the more expensive parts suffered in sales . so that might be why the original poster is faced with this decision, Gm or AC delco.

From reading here, a forum member sent his clutch fluid out for a lab analysis , and they told him the fluid was mostly contaminated from clutch dust. Micro particles getting past the slave seals would be the obvious path, not the filler cap as was suggested as an entry point. That would have to be a heck of a lot of clutch dust, making me wonder about the accuracy of that report on a repair memo. I think one would mention an engine bay covered in clutch dust if it was a problem getting into the master cylinder.

Quick Reply: [Z06] OEM Clutch Master Cylinder