Sponsored by:

[Z06] Car Door Ding

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 07:23 PM
banjobgboy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Door Ding

So I get my first Corvette ever (2003 Z06, yellow, fast, FUN) and I LOVE it.
I finally decide to drive it to work, take extra care where I park, as far away from others as possible, check it at noon, yadda yadda yadda,
So you will know my response of !?$#@!! when I come out at the end of day and see someone has dinged my door.
Are these things magnets for nuts to park too close too? Do people feel some sense of jealousy that they don't give a rip? GEEZ
I am PISSED and decide from here on out I can't be too **** as to where I park and how I keep an eye on this thing.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:00 PM
troyguitar
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's just a car. A new Malibu costs more than a C5Z06... not much to be jealous about.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:55 PM
banjobgboy
Advanced

Default no worries

Yeah... I guess it is just a car.
Actually the more I look at it I am becoming quite fond of the 2" scratch, followed by the nice big black ding. The indentation is just what the car needed to help the air dynamics.....yep.... it is just a car and I LOVE my new scratched door
Old 09-27-2013, 11:00 PM
Z06-FIX
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its just a car to some.But I think to most of us, its more than that!
Old 09-27-2013, 11:25 PM
banjobgboy
Advanced

Thanks ZO6-Fix...... I could not agree more
Old 09-27-2013, 11:27 PM
ptindall
Team Owner

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Indentation? Congrats, you are the first person ever to have a C5 with a dent in the plastic door. Besides Willa, of course.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:17 PM
Wire5150
Advanced

I park my Z at the end of the parking lot with no other cars around just to be safe and in sloping lots I park at the top which is usually at the end anyway we all know how shopping carts have minds of their own. As for the daily driver I dont care where I park...............
Old 09-28-2013, 02:38 PM
WannaC5Z
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by troyguitar
It's just a car. A new Malibu costs more than a C5Z06... not much to be jealous about.
And in three years that new Malibu will be worth less than a C5 Z06. Just sayin'...
Originally Posted by banjobgboy
Yeah... I guess it is just a car.
Actually the more I look at it I am becoming quite fond of the 2" scratch, followed by the nice big black ding. The indentation is just what the car needed to help the air dynamics.....yep.... it is just a car and I LOVE my new scratched door
I am with you man. A bunch of people think mine is newer than a 12 year old car simply because they don't know the difference in generations and it is so clean.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:09 PM
tak06
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by banjobgboy
So I get my first Corvette ever (2003 Z06, yellow, fast, FUN) and I LOVE it.
I finally decide to drive it to work, take extra care where I park, as far away from others as possible, check it at noon, yadda yadda yadda,
So you will know my response of !?$#@!! when I come out at the end of day and see someone has dinged my door.
Are these things magnets for nuts to park too close too? Do people feel some sense of jealousy that they don't give a rip? GEEZ
I am PISSED and decide from here on out I can't be too **** as to where I park and how I keep an eye on this thing.
I hear ya, it's one of my greatest fears too, I just hate door dings,
whether it's my C5Z and RX 350 or any car I have owned for that matter.
I'm **** where I park it.

Last edited by tak06; 09-29-2013 at 08:11 PM.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:28 PM
amlarson2001
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Im lucky enough that at work i have two car guys park on each side of me and we take up a total of 4 spots. There is plenty of room in the lot so no one cares. When I go to places and sit by the window so i can watch my car i see people park next to me and some are VERY careful and others don't even care that its a vette or even a car next to them. its just another car to them and im sure it never crosses there mind.

For you i am sorry this happened to you. I would be angry as well. It would be nice if people had the courtesy to at least try to respect other peoples property. It shouldn't even matter that its a vette. I don't want a door ding in any of my cars.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:41 PM
bobby777
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by troyguitar
CORVETTE is not just a car--too bad the guy didn't see the A$$-hole who has NO respect--Dobberman would have been a nice payback-
Old 10-02-2013, 02:45 PM
916Z06
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I love my Z06 and is daily driven but that comes with a price. My Z06 is just attracted to everything, it hurts me when stuff like that happens! Also someone didnt like my car so they decided to put a racing stripe on my fender with their key.......
Old 10-03-2013, 03:16 PM
tbrent
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts
2018 C5 of Year Winner

Sorry about your unfortunate experience... I hear you though. It does seems for some reason(in my experience), I find the parking lots with the most traffic of folks that seem to get something out of parking close. When there's a ton of spaces between you and the store you are parked in front of and someone parks right next to you

The guy with the Malibu/not much to be jealous about post must be rollin a real beater of a Vette. These ARE just cars but that was a goof statement.

Old 10-03-2013, 04:38 PM
rjwz28
Safety Car

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I wouldn't want a door ding in my brand-new Malibu either, if I had one

Hell, my wife had a 2005 Sunfire with 130,000 miles that somebody dented the fender on several years ago, and that had me pissed off. It's the principle, I don't care if it's a $4k car or a $40k car...
Old 10-03-2013, 05:38 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

Interesting, FG is not like sheet metal, it bends and flexes to a point. If pushed beyond, it cracks, shatters, chips. Someone had to hit it pretty hard to leave damage.

I had one of those Lawn handheld broadcast things fall from up high in the garage onto the hood of my '04Z. I panic'd, if it had been my M3 a dent for sure. After I cleaned it up, not a mark. I was amazed.

Get notified of new replies

To Car Door Ding

Quick Reply: [Z06] Car Door Ding