Sponsored by:

[Z06] Clutch Pedal Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2002, 12:50 PM
SportsCars
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Pedal Vibration

Perhaps you can help me. I'm trying to determine if clutch pedal vibration on the Z06 is normal. I feel vibration through the clutch and shifter, which I did not feel in my C5 or any other modern manual vehicle I have owned. A private Corvette mechanic checked it out and said the clutch was out of balance. So far the dealer is calling this normal. Thus, I'd like to do a poll and see how many Z06's have any clutch vibration at all.

Thanks!

[Modified by SportsCars, 4:51 PM 7/12/2002]
Old 07-13-2002, 04:46 PM
SportsCars
Instructor

Default Re: Clutch Pedal Vibration (SportsCars)

ttt
Old 07-16-2002, 10:41 PM
SportsCars
Instructor

ttt
Old 07-18-2002, 02:36 PM
tjfees
Racer

Perhaps you can help me. I'm trying to determine if clutch pedal vibration on the Z06 is normal. I feel vibration through the clutch and shifter, which I did not feel in my C5 or any other modern manual vehicle I have owned. ...
Can you feel it in the clutch pedal? Mine started developing this plus a noise when I depress the clutch pedal. It is intermittent, though and may not be related. The dealer had the engine out to replace the cam and lifters and then the clutch started acting up. The car is back at the dealer right now.

[Modified by tjfees, 12:37 PM 7/18/2002]
Old 07-19-2002, 04:07 AM
SportsCars
Instructor

Default Re: Clutch Pedal Vibration (tjfees)

Perhaps you can help me. I'm trying to determine if clutch pedal vibration on the Z06 is normal. I feel vibration through the clutch and shifter, which I did not feel in my C5 or any other modern manual vehicle I have owned. ...

Can you feel it in the clutch pedal? Mine started developing this plus a noise when I depress the clutch pedal. It is intermittent, though and may not be related. The dealer had the engine out to replace the cam and lifters and then the clutch started acting up. The car is back at the dealer right now.

[Modified by tjfees, 12:37 PM 7/18/2002]
Yes, I can feel a high-frequency vibration in the clutch pedal and shifter. While driving, especially during decel, I can feel the car vibrate (subtle perhaps, but I can feel it in the seat and center console; reminds me of an unbalanced driveshaft type feel). I would describe the vibration in the shifter like a personal messager type vibration (high frequency). For one event only, it appears the clutch did not disengage, and going from neutral to first while stopped caused gear grind. There is also a squeak noise when depressing the clutch pedal. Sure sounds like something's up with the clutch.

What happend with your engine? My valvetrain makes quite a bit of noise when the engine is cold, and does not get quiet until the engine is really hot (perhaps 40+ minutes of continuous driving on the freeway). I've read about other people reporting valvetrain noise but only one post regarding a failure. Perhaps the pump-up lifters are a little slow...

[Edit]. Ah. That was your car with the valvetrain failure. Please keep us posted as to what the cause of your clutch pedal vibration is/was. My car is going in next week.

SportsCars

[Modified by SportsCars, 8:15 AM 7/19/2002]
Old 07-19-2002, 02:04 PM
tjfees
Racer

What happend with your engine? ...

[Edit]. Ah. That was your car with the valvetrain failure. Please keep us posted as to what the cause of your clutch pedal vibration is/was. My car is going in next week.

SportsCars
16 new lifters, 4 new lifter guides, new camshaft. Engine sounds and performs fine now. I think they misaligned something when they reinstalled the engine and the clutch makes a kind of grinding noise only when I depress the pedal and it is intermittent.

The dealer has the car now. The tech who fixed the engine test drove it and duplicated the clutch problem once. The service manager will test drive it over the weekend to see if he can duplicate it. Will let you know what they find. I don't think my clutch problem is what you experience.

[Modified by tjfees, 12:05 PM 7/19/2002]
Old 07-19-2002, 10:56 PM
SportsCars
Instructor

Default Re: Clutch Pedal Vibration (tjfees)

What happend with your engine? ...

SportsCars

16 new lifters, 4 new lifter guides, new camshaft. Engine sounds and performs fine now. I think they misaligned something when they reinstalled the engine and the clutch makes a kind of grinding noise only when I depress the pedal and it is intermittent.

The dealer has the car now. The tech who fixed the engine test drove it and duplicated the clutch problem once. The service manager will test drive it over the weekend to see if he can duplicate it. Will let you know what they find. I don't think my clutch problem is what you experience.

[Modified by tjfees, 12:05 PM 7/19/2002]
Thanks for the update: if you hear back from them by Monday, please post the info.

SportsCars

Get notified of new replies

To Clutch Pedal Vibration

Quick Reply: [Z06] Clutch Pedal Vibration