Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] Best Leather Seat Cleaner/Conditioner?

Old 06-18-2014, 04:05 AM
mammoth713
Melting Slicks

Received 554 Likes on 277 Posts

Default Best Leather Seat Cleaner/Conditioner?

What are some good leather seat cleaners and conditioners specifically useful for the c5z seats?

I read a bit online and seems like some suggest zaino, mothers, meguiars, etc.. what works for you guys?

First leather interior car
Old 06-18-2014, 08:21 AM
04silverZ06
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I tried Meguiars Gold Class wipes and did not like them - shiney smelly seats.

I then used my Lexol I had for other uses - love it!! First I used the cleaner then the conditioner - I actually applied 3 coats of the conditioner. Smells like a leather interior should.
Old 06-18-2014, 08:28 AM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Received 179 Likes on 99 Posts

I have tried a bunch of products, and these were the best I have found.
I have had people at shows stop and stick their head in my car just for the smell.

My friend bought a used Toyota and the leather seats had major sweat stains on the seats. He tried multiple products to remove the stains. Nothing would work. I let him try my Zaino Z-9 leather cleaner and it removed the stains. He now uses all Zaino products after that experience.

Zaino Z-9 Leather cleaner
http://www.zainostore.com/mm5/mercha...=interiortires

Zaino Z10 Leather in a Bottle.

Toque
Old 06-18-2014, 09:07 AM
4XLR8N
Le Mans Master
Pro Mechanic

Received 1,640 Likes on 1,204 Posts

Originally Posted by Toque
I have had people at shows stop and stick their head in my car just for the smell.

My friend bought a used Toyota and the leather seats had major sweat stains on the seats. He tried multiple products to remove the stains. Nothing would work. I let him try my Zaino Z-9 leather cleaner and it removed the stains. He now uses all Zaino products after that experience.

Toque
Old 06-18-2014, 04:47 PM
taskforce121
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran

I use einszett cockpit cleaner followed by the leather care product from einszett. Also have used the Zaino product, both equally good in my estimation.

Phil
Old 06-18-2014, 09:38 PM
usgecko
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13,'14

The Zaino smells great also

Old 06-18-2014, 09:46 PM
CalF
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts

Default Adams

http://www.adamspolishes.com/popup.a...t/large/66.jpg http://www.adamspolishes.com/popup.a.../large/131.jpg
Old 06-18-2014, 10:28 PM
zdeckich
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 231 Posts
2017 Corvette of Year Finalist
2016 C5 of the Year

I use Adams and it great!! Also use Pinnacle works great just kinda expensive.

http://www.pinnaclewax.com/pinnacle-...m_campaign=CSE
Old 06-24-2014, 04:20 AM
mammoth713
Melting Slicks

Toque
I bought 1 bottle of the z9 and 2 of the z10. Guy on youtube said he goes thru about twice as much of the z10 than the z9. Not too happy about $10 for shipping 3 bottles but we'll give this stuff a whirl. It's cheaper than the pinnacle or wolfgang stuff autogeek is pushing atleast.

Thanks for the tips
Old 06-24-2014, 09:55 AM
C5Dobie
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 113 Posts

There's Lexol and then there's everything else. Lexol I find to be by far the best product out there - I use it on my household furniture, it absorbs deep into the leather and does not feel greasy and lasts quite a while. It can restore heavily dried out leather remarkebly. I've tried the Zaino products worked OK but not as good, I think there's alot of hype/cult regarding their products. Sometimes I feel like some of their paint products are duplicates of the same thing.

Regardless, my faith in Lexol came from using it on my GTO seats - if you've ever riden in or owned one you'd know that it is very thick, heavy duty, DRY, type leather. After 80,000 miles and 4 years it was literally better than new, it transformed that dry/thick leather into rich supple stuff. No joke.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:57 AM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Received 179 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by C5Dobie
There's Lexol and then there's everything else. Lexol I find to be by far the best product out there - I use it on my household furniture, it absorbs deep into the leather and does not feel greasy and lasts quite a while. It can restore heavily dried out leather remarkebly. I've tried the Zaino products worked OK but not as good, I think there's alot of hype/cult regarding their products. Sometimes I feel like some of their paint products are duplicates of the same thing.

Regardless, my faith in Lexol came from using it on my GTO seats - if you've ever riden in or owned one you'd know that it is very thick, heavy duty, DRY, type leather. After 80,000 miles and 4 years it was literally better than new, it transformed that dry/thick leather into rich supple stuff. No joke.
I tried the Lexol leather cleaner. My towel pulled a little bit of dirt off my seats.

I then tried the Z9 with a different towel (after already cleaning with Lexol). My towel was BROWN with dirt after using the Zaino Z9. I showed my wife and she did not care honestly.... But she thought it was interesting.

Seems everyone has different experiences.

I say try them all and see what you like best.

Toque
Old 06-24-2014, 04:16 PM
C5Dobie
Drifting

I tried the Lexol leather cleaner. My towel pulled a little bit of dirt off my seats.

I then tried the Z9 with a different towel (after already cleaning with Lexol). My towel was BROWN with dirt after using the Zaino Z9. I showed my wife and she did not care honestly.... But she thought it was interesting.

Seems everyone has different experiences.

I say try them all and see what you like best.

Toque
I tried the zaino conditioner not the cleaner, my leather seats don't get too dirty anyhow, I was more comparing the conditioning products than the cleaners. The Zaino cleaner may very well be better, but then again the whole point of the lexol stuff is that it is PH balanced, neutral, and super gentle on the leather - which for our dyed leather seats is important, you may not have been pulling dirt off but color too....
Old 06-24-2014, 05:58 PM
zeevette
Race Director

Received 288 Likes on 235 Posts

The stock leather's crap, anyway. Zaino works great, is needed sparingly, and there's the smell...
Old 06-25-2014, 10:42 AM
gunluvS14
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

one thing i noticed Maguire gold class leather cleaner/conditioner is they are very runny and the coat doesn't last.

So I've been using Lexol now and I'm pretty pleased with it.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:29 AM
Impulsive goat
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

How bad were your GTO's seats? Only asking because mine are almost at the point of no return, but id be willing to give this lexol stuff a try based off your experience. Plus im pretty sure i saw it for sale at the local walmart.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:40 PM
Not4spd
Melting Slicks

Received 630 Likes on 394 Posts

I use the same leather conditioner/cleaner/treatment that came with my sofas. No smell uses a mink oil, drys great, not shiny, and leaves the leather very soft.
Old 06-25-2014, 04:14 PM
Sigforty
Le Mans Master

Received 275 Likes on 232 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

Lexol is the stuff I use. I use their cleaner followed by the conditioner. It definitely works well. I also use their Vinylex for all my vinyl and plastic parts.

Get notified of new replies

To Best Leather Seat Cleaner/Conditioner?

Old 06-25-2014, 06:06 PM
C5Dobie
Drifting

Originally Posted by Impulsive goat
How bad were your GTO's seats? Only asking because mine are almost at the point of no return, but id be willing to give this lexol stuff a try based off your experience. Plus im pretty sure i saw it for sale at the local walmart.
Dry as hell use multiple times but let it absorb in between coats, I'd say at least 2 hours in between, or even 2504 hrs really depending on how bad they are, but use generously with each coat.

It'll do wondes
Old 06-26-2014, 02:08 PM
mammoth713
Melting Slicks

Is it ok to use z10 on the dash too?
Old 06-26-2014, 02:31 PM
C5Dobie
Drifting

Forgot to mention - I had used Leatherique in the past as well, but it is expensive (the most expensive of all), and takes a hell of a lot of time and elbow grease and the right conditions (meaning hot and sunny and literally baking in the sun) to work properly. I can usually hop in my car 1 hour after using lexol, and its cheaper by far.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] Best Leather Seat Cleaner/Conditioner?