Sponsored by:

For you MY or SW C5 owners

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 11:39 PM
WannaC5Z
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default For you MY or SW C5 owners

We know that road grime really does a job to our paint down below the doors and behind the tires. Debris happens but I did learn that something will help today. I gave my '01 a complete wax job today but before I did I used Meguire's cleaner wax on those spots I just mentioned. It obviously can't remove 100% of everything or replace the paint which has been abrasively removed by rocks and sand over the years. But what it did do was clean up much of the grime which eats into the clearcoat. I could see it working as I rubbed it in. From five feet my car's paint looks like new. I do recommend giving this a try on any of those trouble spots. If you own a Mellinium Yellow or Speedway White C5 you know these areas are a PITA to get clean. My car only has 43k miles but those areas look like they have 75k miles on them. These lighter colored cars just show crapt the the darker colors don't. My Rio Red former Cobra never showed this junk.
Old 07-20-2014, 01:02 AM
Donutz
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info! I may give it a try. I have Pewter color. It doesn't look too bad. But I'm very OCD about the little stuff. It has a few small non fingernail catching scratches that I always look at. I was told I will probably be able to get them to go away with a great wax. I'm kinda skeptical because it was detailed when I got it... but like my wife says, it was a half assed detail job!

Quick Reply: For you MY or SW C5 owners