Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] Just put a deposit down on a C5 Z06 ; I'm back!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 11:17 PM
CGGS
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just put a deposit down on a C5 Z06 ; I'm back!!

It had been many years since I was in a C5 Z06, after having an 01', 04', then an 03', I am completing the Z06 C5 years, with an 02'

All 3 previous ones were Torch Red, I am now moving to Electron Blue. I found a nice one owner garage queen with 8,800 miles.

It is all stock... for now...

Mod list within the 1st month of ownership will be...

CCW SP500 18/19 with Yokohama 265/35/18 & 295/30/19 Advan Neova AD08R

Corsa Pace Cat-back

Baer Eradispeed two piece front and one piece rear rotors

Radio Flyers HID conversion kit

04' Shocks and a street performance alignment

AND of course a full Zaino treatment
Old 09-26-2014, 11:39 PM
NiteriderFRC
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 72 Posts

Post pics when u can. Congrats and welcome back
Old 09-27-2014, 12:38 AM
CGGS
Pro

Originally Posted by NiteriderFRC
Post pics when u can. Congrats and welcome back
As soon as I get it, I will.

It's being shipped to me
Old 10-03-2014, 04:22 PM
CGGS
Pro

Well, the transaction is almost complete, just had it looked over at a Chevy dealership by their Corvette guy.

Everything checks out great, no rear diff. leaks, no battery acid dripping down the cable to the PCM. It has fresh oil, but needs all the fluids flushed and a new battery.

One big advantage to buying it from a Mercedes dealership is they take care of you. At their cost they are flushing all the fluids, putting in a new battery, detailing it, and filling it up with 93 Oct. gas. I will enjoy that tank since all we get out here in CA is 91.

Paperwork being FEDEX today, will sign on Monday and send the funds. Then up on transport it will go for its journey to CA.

I think I got a pretty decent deal, $25,500. It is all stock except a few cosmetic things like Z06 side door seals, Z06 exhaust plate, and some weird plastic piece over the rear taillights which will be promptly taken off. 8,800 miles, EB color.
Old 10-03-2014, 05:25 PM
C5Dobie
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 113 Posts

congrats, but why in the hell didn't you just keep one and pay it off rather than getting 4 different ones if you like them so much? You could have had an 04 paid off and be typing a message about upgrading to or adding a C6 Z06, I don't get it.

You're definitely not the only member here who buys the same car over and over again either though, so maybe it's just me?

Also - I think that's a decent deal I paid $24,500 for a black '03 w/ 12,000 miles bone stock (I did buy it in the middle of January in MA so that helped me save a few $$$ also)

Good luck w/ this one....and KEEP IT THIS TIME WILL YA!

Last edited by C5Dobie; 10-03-2014 at 05:27 PM.
Old 10-03-2014, 05:48 PM
CGGS
Pro

Originally Posted by C5Dobie
congrats, but why in the hell didn't you just keep one and pay it off rather than getting 4 different ones if you like them so much? You could have had an 04 paid off and be typing a message about upgrading to or adding a C6 Z06, I don't get it.

You're definitely not the only member here who buys the same car over and over again either though, so maybe it's just me?

Also - I think that's a decent deal I paid $24,500 for a black '03 w/ 12,000 miles bone stock (I did buy it in the middle of January in MA so that helped me save a few $$$ also)

Good luck w/ this one....and KEEP IT THIS TIME WILL YA!
LOL, well times were different then. I was married with a little one, I had a generous car allowance with a boss who was a car guy and at that time it was a 3rd car that never got driven much after my daughter was born.

Now my daughter is older, I am happily divorced and after having bad luck with a C6 Z06 a couple years, I am going back to the tried and true C5 Z06.

No car has touched or talked to me the way the C5 Z06 did. Even the C6 Z06 which is faster didn't have that same raw feel to it.

I really think the C5 Z is a special car, it is the last generation that you feel like you put it on and you feel connected to the road, the C5 Z is very raw and race car like.
Old 10-04-2014, 07:36 PM
Ohcat68
Intermediate

Welcome home!
Old 10-05-2014, 10:19 AM
PeteZ06
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by CGGS

No car has touched or talked to me the way the C5 Z06 did. Even the C6 Z06 which is faster didn't have that same raw feel to it.

I really think the C5 Z is a special car, it is the last generation that you feel like you put it on and you feel connected to the road, the C5 Z is very raw and race car like.
Agree!!

I've never been in the drivers seat of a ZR1 but I'm imagining its similar to a C6Z... And after many stints in a C6Z I feel exactly the same!!
Old 10-05-2014, 10:33 AM
Dan H.
Drifting

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Your getting a really great deal! I paid 25,500 for a 16k mile car. My car was neglected and at some point was a DD. Lot of scratches in the paint. I found a three year old oil filter on it. Took some maintenance to get it into fighting shape. Now its an animal, I love tracking this car! Its my first modern corvette and I'm hooked. The '71 hasn't received much attention this summer.
Old 10-05-2014, 02:40 PM
Blackkaz04
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

PICTURES?!!!!
Old 10-05-2014, 03:04 PM
Paul 75 L82
Le Mans Master

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Sounds great.
Old 10-05-2014, 05:05 PM
CGGS
Pro

Originally Posted by Blackkaz04
PICTURES?!!!!
Coming soon.

It will be about 2 weeks until it's in my hands. Paperwork/payment early next week and then a week worth of transport time.
Old 10-05-2014, 06:10 PM
BilldMyC5
Advanced

It had been many years since I was in a C5 Z06, after having an 01', 04', then an 03', I am completing the Z06 C5 years, with an 02'

All 3 previous ones were Torch Red, I am now moving to Electron Blue. I found a nice one owner garage queen with 8,800 miles.

It is all stock... for now...

Mod list within the 1st month of ownership will be...

CCW SP500 18/19 with Yokohama 265/35/18 & 295/30/19 Advan Neova AD08R

Corsa Pace Cat-back

Baer Eradispeed two piece front and one piece rear rotors

Radio Flyers HID conversion kit

04' Shocks and a street performance alignment

AND of course a full Zaino treatment
Sounds like a great car....But not sure why you feel the need to change out one of the best stock exhaust systems every produced. Every thing else sounds killer. I my self was going to put the SP 500s on but decided to leave the original wheels on. I never stop enjoying how my stock Z06 looks and drives. My wife and I just got back from a drive in the hills of Denver Colorado and it did not disappoint......At all......Welcome back...
Old 10-05-2014, 07:12 PM
CGGS
Pro

Originally Posted by BilldMyC5
Sounds like a great car....But not sure why you feel the need to change out one of the best stock exhaust systems every produced. Every thing else sounds killer. I my self was going to put the SP 500s on but decided to leave the original wheels on. I never stop enjoying how my stock Z06 looks and drives. My wife and I just got back from a drive in the hills of Denver Colorado and it did not disappoint......At all......Welcome back...
I don't disagree that the stock Ti systems sounds good, it's too quiet for me down low and I love the off throttle sound of the Corsas.

As far as tires, yes the stock Goodyears are great, but hydroplaning resistance sucks and they are very limited and I don't think even avail anymore.

The extreme performance tires out today are really great at everything (RE-11, Advan) and the SP500 allows many more tire options.

I might leave stock brakes for a while, but I had warping issues on my previous ones , so I'm preparing to add Eradispeed rotors.
Old 10-06-2014, 12:32 AM
Blue Blood
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 59 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13, '15,'21

I don't disagree that the stock Ti systems sounds good, it's too quiet for me down low and I love the off throttle sound of the Corsas.
The Ti mod will solve the quietness down low but still keep the cabin inhabitable, and sounds very agressive under throttle.
Old 10-06-2014, 01:16 AM
Mallett Z
Melting Slicks

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
2015 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09

Congrats on the purchase! buddy of mine bought a 02 EB Z06 a few months ago and color is amazing. I have a Nassau Blue 99 Coupe as well and thought that was my favorire C5 color, Until I saw the EB in person.

If you were closer to MI i would say dibs on your stock exhaust for the my 99, but shipping that distance for such a large box will be too much.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:33 AM
C5Dobie
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by PeteZ06
Agree!!

I've never been in the drivers seat of a ZR1 but I'm imagining its similar to a C6Z... And after many stints in a C6Z I feel exactly the same!!
I've driven a C6Z and own a C5Z, haven't driven a ZR1 either but I was told if the C6Z feels less "raw" than the C5Z then the equate that to how the ZR1 feels next to the C6Z. I've heard comments that the speed just creeps up on you - now this is a comparison for guys used to vettes & used to muscle, someone coming from an SL550 or M3 to a ZR1 is probably going to saw its raw as a **** I dunno..

Get notified of new replies

To Just put a deposit down on a C5 Z06 ; I'm back!!

Old 10-06-2014, 11:54 PM
cor28vettes
Race Director

Received 1,100 Likes on 853 Posts

Congrats on your new deal. You got some good mods lined up. Had Corsa's on my 03Z and took them off. But I also had LG Pros long tube headers & X pipe. Together it was too much temptation for WOT all the time. Your luck runs out after a while.

Just Corsa catbacks should work out fine. But you will notice why GM went Ti.
Old 10-07-2014, 01:02 AM
CGGS
Pro

Originally Posted by 6GenVettes
Congrats on your new deal. You got some good mods lined up. Had Corsa's on my 03Z and took them off. But I also had LG Pros long tube headers & X pipe. Together it was too much temptation for WOT all the time. Your luck runs out after a while.

Just Corsa catbacks should work out fine. But you will notice why GM went Ti.
Yeah, I would imagine w/ headers it would be a bit much.

I put Corsa's on all of my previous Z06's, so I know what to expect.

The other draw for me with adding an aftermarket exhaust is it masks the sewing machine sound from the motor. I am not really a fan of that sound.
Old 10-07-2014, 01:10 AM
CGGS
Pro

Originally Posted by Mallett Z
Congrats on the purchase! buddy of mine bought a 02 EB Z06 a few months ago and color is amazing. I have a Nassau Blue 99 Coupe as well and thought that was my favorire C5 color, Until I saw the EB in person.

If you were closer to MI i would say dibs on your stock exhaust for the my 99, but shipping that distance for such a large box will be too much.
Yeah, I have seen a few EB in person, although only briefly. I am a huge fan of deep, rich blues. I just hope there isn't any purples hues to it. I saw the Lemans Blue at different angles and in some light and at certain angles it looks like a purple grape. Not a fan.

I like true blues that are just varying shades of blue at different angles. From everything I have seen in person and online, the Electron Blue is more of a true blue of various hues in all lighting conditions and angles.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Just put a deposit down on a C5 Z06 ; I'm back!!