Sponsored by:

[Z06] EBCM problem...No TCS

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 02:21 AM
dan1546
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default EBCM problem...No TCS

So I was cruising with the wife the other weekend when my TC and ABS lights came on. Checked codes on the DIC and got the TCS No comm and 10-PCM P1571 and 58-SDM U1040. Car still drives just fine...just with no TC and ABS of course. Cleared the codes and they came back after a bit more driving.

I have done a lot of reading on the subject and have checked all the connections to the EBCM and they are all fine. Looked at the ground points in the engine bay. They didn't look bad but I cleaned everything up and did find a bit of corrosion in the little junction box things behind the headlight assemblies but no change. I think the EBCM may have given up the ghost and since it shows no comm it is dead and I have read it can not be repaired by any of the repair service places. Luckily the later EBCM's are much more reasonable than the earlier ones and I have seen a few on ebay for around $250.

If anyone has any input or suggestions I would be happy to hear it.

Just an observation but...I was running some errands the other day and the weather has been a bit cooler in the mid 60's and man I never realized how much the traction control system actually does as I just pretty much always left it on. With TC off the back end is quite lively in 1st and 2nd gear and get out of shape pretty quickly. Not hard to handle or anything just a different experience with the TC off.

Quick Reply: [Z06] EBCM problem...No TCS