Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] Water pump removal...how bad?

Old 10-19-2014, 02:53 AM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by neutron82
interesting, so with the delco pump you listed above the original thermostat/housing won't fit?... my pump is off right now while I'm doing some other things and I considered replacing it just for good measure since it's kind of a pain to take off now having a blower in the way but I don't really want to have to buy a new thermostat and housing, mine is almost brand new anyway... I noticed on rockauto they have 2 delco pumps, one with the housing already installed which is cheaper (252836) and a more expensive one that doesn't include the housing (251744)... I was going to buy 251744 and reuse my thermostat
as far as i know all the new pumps use the revised thermostat housing, but, it's possible rock auto has some old pumps.

the numbers i listed are for the new pump and new outlet which comes with a stat. also amazon is usually cheaper than rock auto. if i were you i would use the numbers listed above. order the housing and the pump.

actually i looked up the part numbers for you, ac delco 252 836 is not compatible with the c5

251-744 is but requires 15-11057 outlet, pump is 168 shipped on amazon and the outlet is 27, both genuine ac delco

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] Water pump removal...how bad?