Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] Hey guys, is this a good trade???

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 07:36 PM
66dts-v
Drifting

Received 76 Likes on 65 Posts

My car had Borla's on it when I bought it. I put up a WTT ad in the classifieds and swapped them straight across for some low mileage titaniums. I love them and both of us were happy with the trade.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:36 PM
CHRIS925
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 66dts-v
My car had Borla's on it when I bought it. I put up a WTT ad in the classifieds and swapped them straight across for some low mileage titaniums. I love them and both of us were happy with the trade.
Glad to hear that this happens here and there!
Old 10-16-2014, 09:38 PM
CHRIS925
Racer

Originally Posted by zeevette
Your buddy's car will be slightly quieter from inside, because a C6 has more sound insulation than a C5Z. A cam makes the exhaust louder, too. It's really hard to compare a C6 with a C5Z, because the exhaust system is configured differently. A C5 with Stingers is gonna drone @ around 70 in 6th gear, so at least install a partition. I couldn't stand my two tip Stingers, and that's before I did heads/cam, etc. I have Corsa Pace Car now, but I'd rather have the Ti's back, so far as sound. I wouldn't trade my catback though, because I love the two big oval Daytona tips. BTW, I have HF cats, and they do make a decibel difference.
Interesting insight here.

Any link to a partition or how it would look ? Real curious on that...

Your take is that it's too damn loud lol.. I think I'll like it I just don't want it to be ridiculously loud to cause a ruckus even when cruising
Old 10-16-2014, 11:43 PM
JayTee72
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by CHRIS925
Glad to hear that this happens here and there!
If you sold your Ti's, what would you sell them for? and are you only selling the axle back? or ..............?
Old 10-17-2014, 01:29 AM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

Good to hear another point of view here! You live with the drone just fine, huh?
well I have corsa's which don't have any drone BUT I would rather deal with drone and actually be able to hear the car... when my z was stock the exhaust was damn near noexistent sound wise so it had to go... the only titaniums I've heard that I liked were ones that had the bypass mod and the cars were heavily modded... but you will have a hard time finding someone to weld titanium and if you didn't already have the ti's and had to buy a set and then have the bypass mod done you would probably be close to what a good aftermarket catback costs... not only that but the aftermarket catback will more than likely trump the ti's in the look department... most have 3.5" or 4" tips which look way better than the puny tips on the ti's... and people say the ti's flow good but if you have seen the guts of them then there is room for debate... they may be ok to a certain point but once you start getting into big power there's no denying they can become a bottleneck and I'm sure there is no way they can flow better than my corsa xtremes... lots of people like them they just aren't for me personally

Question for you guys: I just rode in a buddys car yesterday.... I'm wondering if his is louder than mine would be with the stingers? Or vice versa... Info:

His:
LS2 C6: CAI / Longtubes / cam / catless Xpipe / borla stingers

Mine (theoretically after the stingers):
LS6 C5Z: CAI / Longtubes / catless Xpipe / borla stingers

Which would be louder? I would get a good idea if I knew how his current setup would compare to my setup after the borlas are thrown on (in regards to loudness / drone)

Hmmmmmm.......
pretty sure his would sound considerably different seeing that it's cammed but it will give you an idea of what to expect
Old 10-17-2014, 09:01 AM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 889 Likes on 587 Posts

I went from stock to Magnaflows to Stingers to Ti's and finally GHL's. GHL's seem to be the best compromise for me. -great sound with no drone.

I do miss my cutouts, though - awesome sound with no drone.

Old 10-17-2014, 11:21 AM
memmer
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I sold my Borla stingers for $700 and bought my TIs for #250 on the forum
Fred
Old 10-17-2014, 11:39 AM
2ooo-C5
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

I have borla stingers, they came on my car.
I freaking hate the drone. But they are worth more then stock.

If you live in Colorado, drive over to my place and swap them out and I might go for the trade.
But I am not big on the idea of taking them off, and shipping them to you while my
car sits waiting for yours.

I have seen the factory sell for a few hundred.
Old 10-17-2014, 01:37 PM
derekdj87
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2ooo-C5

If you live in Colorado, drive over to my place and swap them out and I might go for the trade.
What part of Colorado are you in?

Derek
Old 10-17-2014, 02:18 PM
2ooo-C5
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

La Junta east of pueblo.
Old 10-17-2014, 05:14 PM
zeevette
Race Director

Received 288 Likes on 235 Posts

Interesting insight here.

Any link to a partition or how it would look ? Real curious on that...

Your take is that it's too damn loud lol.. I think I'll like it I just don't want it to be ridiculously loud to cause a ruckus even when cruising
Here's one, but the pictures aren't very good.

http://www.mamotorworks.com/Corvette...indow-628635-1
Old 10-18-2014, 01:11 PM
ZZOOM06
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Good friend of mine bought a '01 Z06 last year that has Belanger LT's, no cats, a CAI and 2 tip Stingers and has been tuned. IMO, the car sounds great, has little to no drone and is not obnoxiously loud.
His wife drives it most of the time and loves the car. I would not hesitate to do the trade.

Jimbo
Old 10-18-2014, 01:59 PM
dbgoodwin
Safety Car

Received 751 Likes on 540 Posts

My car doesn't drone horribly with borla straights and longtubes, but it is quite vicious under full throttle.

http://youtu.be/BVtGp7c_b0w

http://youtu.be/Xa7QA2OECjg

The second video is just so you can hear how relatively quiet it is in car before I get on it.
Old 10-18-2014, 03:24 PM
Breze84
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

My older Z06.... Had a Cam, Headers, Borla Straight pipes... 436/408

Old 10-19-2014, 05:32 PM
CHRIS925
Racer

Originally Posted by neutron82
well I have corsa's which don't have any drone BUT I would rather deal with drone and actually be able to hear the car... when my z was stock the exhaust was damn near noexistent sound wise so it had to go... the only titaniums I've heard that I liked were ones that had the bypass mod and the cars were heavily modded... but you will have a hard time finding someone to weld titanium and if you didn't already have the ti's and had to buy a set and then have the bypass mod done you would probably be close to what a good aftermarket catback costs... not only that but the aftermarket catback will more than likely trump the ti's in the look department... most have 3.5" or 4" tips which look way better than the puny tips on the ti's... and people say the ti's flow good but if you have seen the guts of them then there is room for debate... they may be ok to a certain point but once you start getting into big power there's no denying they can become a bottleneck and I'm sure there is no way they can flow better than my corsa xtremes... lots of people like them they just aren't for me personally

pretty sure his would sound considerably different seeing that it's cammed but it will give you an idea of what to expect
Dude thanks for your thought out input. Shows me you really analyze these things so I give your word good weight here. I know sound is opinion-based but no denying overall performance. Something I didn't really look at here considering it's just an axle back but I can see your point here. I'm worried about all these drone claims though.. like I wonder if it will drive me up the walls....

Originally Posted by Patches
I went from stock to Magnaflows to Stingers to Ti's and finally GHL's. GHL's seem to be the best compromise for me. -great sound with no drone.

I do miss my cutouts, though - awesome sound with no drone.

Dude those are CLEAN. Your car is just clean in general. Nice whip. What's the cost on the GHLs ? Any sound clips / mod list? Very curious

Originally Posted by memmer
I sold my Borla stingers for $700 and bought my TIs for #250 on the forum
Fred
Thanks for your input Fred!

Originally Posted by 2ooo-C5

But I am not big on the idea of taking them off, and shipping them to you while my
car sits waiting for yours.

I have seen the factory sell for a few hundred.
Shiet man. I have a buddy in CO that drives a 1000+HP GTR. Matheo. Maybe he can be the middle man He's flying to Cali this weekend for Shift Sector.. I'll bring my Ti's :P
Old 10-19-2014, 05:39 PM
CHRIS925
Racer

Originally Posted by zeevette
Here's one, but the pictures aren't very good.

http://www.mamotorworks.com/Corvette...indow-628635-1
Got it! Just what I pictured in my head Thanks man.

Originally Posted by ZZOOM06
Good friend of mine bought a '01 Z06 last year that has Belanger LT's, no cats, a CAI and 2 tip Stingers and has been tuned. IMO, the car sounds great, has little to no drone and is not obnoxiously loud.
His wife drives it most of the time and loves the car. I would not hesitate to do the trade.

Jimbo
Thanks dude! I love hearing that it's not one-sided.. gives me hope that my aggressive taste will overlook any drone :P

Unfortunately it seems as if he's backing out of the trade. I'll probably post up to see if anyone wants to do it here on the forums.

Originally Posted by dbgoodwin
My car doesn't drone horribly with borla straights and longtubes, but it is quite vicious under full throttle.

http://youtu.be/BVtGp7c_b0w

http://youtu.be/Xa7QA2OECjg

The second video is just so you can hear how relatively quiet it is in car before I get on it.
Not too bad man! Doesn't seem obnoxious.. until you want it to be

Originally Posted by Breze84
My older Z06.... Had a Cam, Headers, Borla Straight pipes... 436/408

<3 Cammed c5Zs man... too sexy. Thanks for the sound clip
Old 10-20-2014, 03:39 PM
CCA Corvette Parts
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 421 Likes on 322 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08,-'13-'14, '16-'17

Originally Posted by 73Corvette
I always figured....If your happy and the other party is happy....it's a good trade, regardless of value...
About right...

Chip

Quick Reply: [Z06] Hey guys, is this a good trade???