Sponsored by:

[Z06] Michelin Pilot Super Sports vs PS2

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 02:19 AM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by C5Dobie
I really question this too...and it begs the question of when a forum becomes an "asset" to a car enthusiast or a detriment. I mean for F's sake on one hand everyone says how poor the Goodyears are, but then they crucify you if you run Bridgestone re760 because it's not a track tire or whatever- well wtf is it? Wouldn't it st I'll be an improvement over the "terrible" old oe Goodyears? And the same goes for your question, why the F is it such a bad thing to have 2 slightly different compounds front to rear on this car? Last time I checked they're staggered anyway so not like you can rotate the,, and the rears are gonna wear quicker inevitably anyway, so I agree- someone explain to me?!?

I'm sorry but I'm getting so damn annoyed that buying a set of tires for one of the most iconic American sports cars in the last decade and a half could be so difficult.....especially considering this is one of the most tracked vettes out there, you would figure tire companies would offer something decent in stock size!?!

I'm probably just going it get the bridgestones at this point, I think it is RIDICULOUS that I would have to buy a whole set of rims for $2000 before I can even buy new rubber for another $1500, F it, for that money I'll throw on headers and a cam and smoke the Goodyears to oblivion and buy whatever the cheapest tire out there is lol

Oh- and anyone who mentioned the nitto nt05, find me a front AND rear pair, seriously, find both and let me know where you can order them (not back order)
nitto typically does production runs in the spring

the re760 sucks but it's cheap and fits properly

the rs3 runs wide and can be had in 285 35 18 and 255 40 17. doesn't look quite factory but they are good tires..better than the nt05 even

as i said above, no one knows what the ps2 will do mismatched but they are expensive

when discount does their holliday rebates you can get $100 off a set off tires and $100 off wheels with free mount and balance if you buy both. tsw 19/18 wheels are like $1000 a set after rebate

my opinion is buy 19/18 wheels. both 295 35 18 and 265 40 17 are obsolete sizes and being phased out by nearly everyone
Old 10-29-2014, 10:28 PM
CASEWORER
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 67 Posts

I don't have anything against running 18/19, but try to find a 18/19 wheel combo with the correct offset especially if you are looking for something that looks like the original wheel. Seriously... looked all over and can't find anything like this. I guess the best thing for me to do is buy a water jet and make my own lol
Old 10-29-2014, 11:41 PM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by CASEWORER
I don't have anything against running 18/19, but try to find a 18/19 wheel combo with the correct offset especially if you are looking for something that looks like the original wheel. Seriously... looked all over and can't find anything like this. I guess the best thing for me to do is buy a water jet and make my own lol
tsw offsets are basically correct, the 50mm front is on a 9 vs 54mm on 9.5, the rear requires a 5mm spacer to hit 60mm vs what was it? 58mm on OE

all you need are 5mm spacers

plan b would be looking into the ps2 for OE wheels, that guy in the other thread apparently found the 295 in base compound still being made

Quick Reply: [Z06] Michelin Pilot Super Sports vs PS2