Sponsored by:

[Z06] Dealer refunded my 25k on my 02 Z06

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 01:23 AM
yellowzron
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 333 Likes on 195 Posts

Default Dealer refunded my 25k on my 02 Z06

Had nothing but trouble with the dealer since day one with my purchase on my 02 Z06 with 6500 miles. They bragged how the did a 150 point inspection. They bragged how they replaced the harmonic balancer. Well when I left the lot the car was 2 quarts low. The next day the power steering pump let out quite a bit of power steering fluid. They overfilled it to the top. I complained they said sorry. On day two I went out for a ride and the harmonic balancer came off. WTF, I was so pissed off. They towed it back, 350 dollar charge and said sorry we will fix it. Oil spewed everywhere. I was so so so upset. I called everyday, no calls back, emailed the manager 3 times no emails back. Finally they call me back oh we need to do this we need to do that, blah blah blah. 9 days later they say the car is done. When I went to the dealer the engine bay was still full of oil everywhere, the whole front end was covered with oil, fingerprints and dirt. The car looked like it was in a barn for a year. I flipped out, I spoke to the owner of the dealer and he said we will refund your money if you don't want the car. There were numerous other things they pissed me off with and I was like, just give me my money back.

There are plenty of other Z's out there and I am happy to wait. Power steering rack got all jacked up, the drivers seat got all jacked by them, the passenger air bag light came on, and so on. It was a bad omen so I didn't want the problems. I am so upset but happy to get my 25k back. Terrible terrible customer service. I am not sure if I can mention the dealer so I won't. I will say I bought the car at a chevy dealer in Dekalb Ill.

So now back to looking for a c5 Z06. I have a headache
Attached Images     

Last edited by yellowzron; 12-07-2014 at 09:30 PM.
Old 12-07-2014, 11:22 AM
f6john
Melting Slicks

Received 223 Likes on 146 Posts

On the surface, it appears you dodged a really big bullet. They must have a really inexperience tech working there and a service manager with his head up his a**.
Old 12-07-2014, 12:42 PM
TheTinMan
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You can buy my Speedway White Z but seriously you did dodge a serious bullet with that one. Glad you got your money back.
Old 12-07-2014, 02:32 PM
yellowzron
Banned Scam/Spammer

Originally Posted by f6john
On the surface, it appears you dodged a really big bullet. They must have a really inexperience tech working there and a service manager with his head up his a**.
Yes and yes on both comments. Only two things happened, either he didn't torque down the bolt right on the balancer or the dumb *** didn't use a new bolt.

Got my eye on a 2003 yellow z with 14k on it. They asking 26.8
Also gonna drive down to Indianapolis to look at an 04 Z with 2788 miles on it for 29. I just gotta have a yellow one. I love it in yellow.
Old 12-07-2014, 05:53 PM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Bad luck or not with that Z...you got darn lucky they gave you your money back. Count your blessings and inspect the next one more closely.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:05 PM
yellowzron
Banned Scam/Spammer

Originally Posted by MotoJB
Bad luck or not with that Z...you got darn lucky they gave you your money back. Count your blessings and inspect the next one more closely.
Did a full inspection with a mechanic. Dealer said the replaced the harmonic balancer 4 days prior to me purchasing the car. The car was in great shape. The mechanics were incompetent. The balancer coming off then the steering rack got messed up, then the drivers seat got messed up. Direct problem with the dealership not the car. I completely understand what your saying and I knew the previous owner through a friend. I am sure the owner said give me my money back because they phucked so many things up on their end. But the search goes on. Was a great car with bad service from the dealer.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:10 PM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by yellowzron
Did a full inspection with a mechanic. Dealer said the replaced the harmonic balancer 4 days prior to me purchasing the car. The car was in great shape. The mechanics were incompetent. The balancer coming off then the steering rack got messed up, then the drivers seat got messed up. Direct problem with the dealership not the car. I completely understand what your saying and I knew the previous owner through a friend. I am sure the owner said give me my money back because they phucked so many things up on their end. But the search goes on. Was a great car with bad service from the dealer.

Wow, sorry, I stand corrected...that's terrible and I'm just very glad you got your money back. The right car will show up. Till then...
Old 12-07-2014, 08:47 PM
Atrain59
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Glad you were able to get your money back. By the way yellow is the only way to go! It would be hard for me to let my 03 Yellow Z06 go but i guess for the right offer I could let her go.
Old 12-07-2014, 10:34 PM
yellowzron
Banned Scam/Spammer

Originally Posted by Atrain59
Glad you were able to get your money back. By the way yellow is the only way to go! It would be hard for me to let my 03 Yellow Z06 go but i guess for the right offer I could let her go.
What you got for sale? How many miles. I will wind up with a yellow one for sure.

Got a line on a 04 with 2700 miles for 29k. Going to see it tue.
Old 12-07-2014, 11:04 PM
Atrain59
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Mine most likely has more miles than you are looking for but it's an 03 MY Z06 with 53,xxx miles and has the following mods:

* RPM Level 5 transmission with transmission cooler
* NLP Custom Cam 231-239 113
* 5/16 Magnum Pushrod 7.400
* AFR 215cc LSx cylinder head to NLP specs
* Hypertech 160 degree Powerstat
* ECS Trans-Diff Brace
* LPE oil cooler system
* DeWitts radiator
* JAZ oil breather tank
* SLP Underdrive Pulley C5 SFI approved 25%
* RPS Single clutch with Aluminum Flywheel
* Mahle LS13408798F04 Piston and Ring Powerpack
* NLP Billet Aluminum PCV Catch Can

Tires / Wheels / Brakes

* iForged Astra modular wheels, 18” front, 19” rear, black spokes with bright rims
* C6 Z51 brake kit, cross-drilled rotors

Intake and exhaust

* Borla 3” exhaust, quad 4” tips
* LG Motorsport Headers
* Blackwing CF intake, LS3 throttle body, FAST manifold

Exterior and Interior

* Caravaggio custom seats, black leather, yellow shell, Z06 embroidered in headrest, power driver’s side
* Crow 6-point harnesses, both driver and passenger
* Elite Engineering heel-toe gas pedal and dead pedal
* Brey Krause harness/seat attachment hardware
* Brey Krause harness bar
* Heat extractor hood (poss. Breathless Performance)
* Spectre rear clip, black exhaust surrounds
* Euro style amber rear indicators, flush mounted
* Fresh Llumar tint (legal, approx. 60% transmission)
* Black/yellow leather center console lid, door pulls, and shift boot
* Trunk partition
* Trunk storage compartment covers
* Skip-shift defeat
* HUD and electrochromic mirrors
* Short shift kit (probably B&M)
* HID headlights
Old 12-08-2014, 12:10 AM
bikeriderga
Melting Slicks

Received 196 Likes on 159 Posts

This is precisely why I will be willing to pay a little more to buy from BuyAVette in Atlanta or Glynn Smith in Opelika, AL.

They do REAL inspections and stand behind what they sell.
Old 12-10-2014, 04:01 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Received 346 Likes on 208 Posts

Buy from a private owner with maintenance records, not a dealer...simple...save money, know exactly who drove it previously, etc.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:02 PM
ssrallyred
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Wasn't Granit City Chevy by any chance was it?
Old 12-10-2014, 09:58 PM
yellowzron
Banned Scam/Spammer

Originally Posted by ssrallyred
Wasn't Granit City Chevy by any chance was it?
No it was a very large chevy dealer in Dekalb ILL. Service dept and mechanics the worst I have ever met or seen in my life.
Old 12-11-2014, 11:12 AM
Stroker87
Melting Slicks

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts

I was going to buy a truck from them a while back we agreed on trade in and selling price then when get to in to the "business" room the guy was a fast talker in a rush to get me to sign every thing told him straight out I want to go over the paper work his face changed colors when i found out it was not the deal we agreed on the "Manager" stepped in telling me we never agreed to what they agreed to i told them to give me my deposit back they stared to give me a run around (I gave cash 2 hours before) said they have to give me a check back I got Very LOUD in the show room telling the other customers go over every detail as they was trying to scam me about 5 minutes later I was handed my money and asked to leave

never again!
Old 12-11-2014, 02:05 PM
yellowzron
Banned Scam/Spammer

Originally Posted by Stroker87
I was going to buy a truck from them a while back we agreed on trade in and selling price then when get to in to the "business" room the guy was a fast talker in a rush to get me to sign every thing told him straight out I want to go over the paper work his face changed colors when i found out it was not the deal we agreed on the "Manager" stepped in telling me we never agreed to what they agreed to i told them to give me my deposit back they stared to give me a run around (I gave cash 2 hours before) said they have to give me a check back I got Very LOUD in the show room telling the other customers go over every detail as they was trying to scam me about 5 minutes later I was handed my money and asked to leave

never again!
WOW, unbelievable. Jerks straight up jerks. Owner straight up said to me DO YOU WANT YOUR MONEY BACK. They messed up so bad on my deal. The car was fine before their mechanics got ahold of the car. Don't like to bad mouth people but they suck.
Old 12-11-2014, 03:58 PM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

unless you're just buying it to have, i would be more inclined to buy a 20-30k mile car that's all stock and elderly owned. something that was driven 2-3 miles per year.

this isn't the first time an ultra low mile car has had issues when it's been operated regularly. granted the balancer has more to do with the air conditions of the state it was stored in. that of course brings up another point. the western states are some of the most ideal for rubber since our humidity is so tame. for example i've ran my z06 up to 105k miles now and the OE balancer is just fine. no rust on anything. car has been in washington and oregon since it was born

Get notified of new replies

To Dealer refunded my 25k on my 02 Z06

Old 12-12-2014, 06:16 PM
budnate
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

be extremely thankful they gave your money back so easy....that was a miracle right there...... plenty of cars to buy around,

I prefer buying face to face from a guy.

90% of dealer cars are there for reason, people don't want you on there doorstep in a few days pizzed off that's why they trade them in.
Old 12-12-2014, 07:32 PM
yellowzron
Banned Scam/Spammer

Originally Posted by budnate
be extremely thankful they gave your money back so easy....that was a miracle right there...... plenty of cars to buy around,

I prefer buying face to face from a guy.

90% of dealer cars are there for reason, people don't want you on there doorstep in a few days pizzed off that's why they trade them in.
They mechanics phucked up so bad they didn't have much of a choice to give me my money back. But I am happy to have my money in my pocket. Going to look at a 2010 GS tomorrow for 36k. Fully loaded.
Old 12-14-2014, 07:38 AM
acrace
Drifting

Received 215 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by Stroker87

never again!
Glad that you got your deposit back, but never give a deposit unless you have a signed sales agreement in front of you. And as you so rightly stated, never go back there again. There are lots of other alternate dealers and most of them will be ethical.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Dealer refunded my 25k on my 02 Z06