[Z06] Valve Springs

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 10:20 PM
Brock63
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Valve Springs

I know I know...this horse has been beat to death. LOL

I got a $1000 credit when I bought my Z06...so made a list and they are working through the list to buy as much as possible with it prioritized by me.

Told them first thing has to be valve kit, intake/exhaust valve seals, plugs and wires. Found out today they are having a very hard time sourcing the GM valve spring kit (blue)...Summit and everyone is out of them and dont expect more until at least January or so. Guessing they only made so many and did not anticipate the forum pushing everyone to replace them...hahahahaha

I have two other places that might have them...a local vette shop (Jameson Corvette) thinks they have a target fix on a set with one of their suppliers but will find out Friday morning for sure. I also found where Texas Speed shop shows they have them...the picture is yellow springs but the text states the springs are in fact the blue ones. As a backup I called Lingenfelter and they recommended the Comp 26918...I think that is what they told me but at 3x as much as the GM springs in some cases...Lingenfelter is $160 but everyone else is $20+ more.

Anyone else got a source that DEFINITELY has the GM blue springs in stock and ready to ship? I plan on doing the swap over Christmas as my son in law has a brand new shop where he teaches with most of the gear...I might have to pick up the jack pucks for his lift if not a drive on....and confirming if he has compression tool or not before I buy one myself...otherwise should be good.

Appreciate any validated sources for the springs....in the end may just go with the Comp anyhow as should be better quality...we shall see.

Last edited by Brock63; 12-11-2014 at 10:30 PM.
Old 12-12-2014, 01:36 AM
laurent_zo6
Melting Slicks

Received 312 Likes on 227 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Originally Posted by Brock63
I know I know...this horse has been beat to death. LOL

I got a $1000 credit when I bought my Z06...so made a list and they are working through the list to buy as much as possible with it prioritized by me.

Told them first thing has to be valve kit, intake/exhaust valve seals, plugs and wires. Found out today they are having a very hard time sourcing the GM valve spring kit (blue)...Summit and everyone is out of them and dont expect more until at least January or so. Guessing they only made so many and did not anticipate the forum pushing everyone to replace them...hahahahaha

I have two other places that might have them...a local vette shop (Jameson Corvette) thinks they have a target fix on a set with one of their suppliers but will find out Friday morning for sure. I also found where Texas Speed shop shows they have them...the picture is yellow springs but the text states the springs are in fact the blue ones. As a backup I called Lingenfelter and they recommended the Comp 26918...I think that is what they told me but at 3x as much as the GM springs in some cases...Lingenfelter is $160 but everyone else is $20+ more.

Anyone else got a source that DEFINITELY has the GM blue springs in stock and ready to ship? I plan on doing the swap over Christmas as my son in law has a brand new shop where he teaches with most of the gear...I might have to pick up the jack pucks for his lift if not a drive on....and confirming if he has compression tool or not before I buy one myself...otherwise should be good.

Appreciate any validated sources for the springs....in the end may just go with the Comp anyhow as should be better quality...we shall see.
Contact Gene Culley at gene@cultragperformance.com.
He is a Forum vendor. Great service formerly at GMPartsHouse.
This is where I bought all the parts I needed to change my valve springs this summer.
Old 12-12-2014, 07:52 AM
Brock63
Instructor

will give them to my guy as well...thanks for the potential source...also for one sent to me in PM. Much appreciated.
Old 12-12-2014, 05:30 PM
Indyzoh6
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 02 needed springs when I bought it also, to be honest I looked at replacing it with factory springs, then comp 918s but when it came down to it I went with BTR dual springs for the comfort of knowing they have build in redundancy, call me paranoid. I have since swapped out the cam but ran the BTRs for a year with the stock cam and had zero issues. Just another option to consider.
Old 01-18-2015, 10:12 PM
Brock63
Instructor

ended up finding GM blues...they were put in yesterday. Thanks everyone.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:20 PM
Paul 75 L82
Le Mans Master

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Call Summit Racing for about everything.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:31 PM
rbartick
Le Mans Master

Location: Admit Nothing, Deny Everything, Make Counter Accusations.
Received 514 Likes on 346 Posts

I got my stuff at http://www.superchevyperformance.com/. When I was pricing the parts they beat everyone, including the forum dealers.

Get notified of new replies

To Valve Springs

Quick Reply: [Z06] Valve Springs