[Z06] Opinion: Black Rims or Keep Chrome on my C5Z

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 02:11 AM
hubertbateman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Furiousone
Where did you get the center caps?
I got them used on eBay. They are an oem GM part for the c7. Just search Jake skull wheel caps.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:18 AM
hubertbateman
Instructor

Originally Posted by zdeckich
How heavy are they? usually replica wheels tend to be heavy, just curious.
I think they are a little heavier than stockies. I never had the stock rims. I bought my z a year ago with chrome replicas already installed, so I'm assuming the before and after weight difference is negligible.
Old 01-28-2015, 10:27 AM
BRZI
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Actually looks good. I did not think that these rims would look good on the car until I saw them on your car. Now just think your windows, side markers & rear lights, and lower the car and you will finsih off the look really nice. I am doing the same thing I had chrome z06 w/rivets repos on there and had my stock Z06 rims powdercoated black and gonna try that look for a while. I tend to like the bling factor of chrome more but am putting on the black ones just for some change.
Old 01-28-2015, 12:34 PM
hubertbateman
Instructor

Originally Posted by BRZI
Actually looks good. I did not think that these rims would look good on the car until I saw them on your car. Now just think your windows, side markers & rear lights, and lower the car and you will finsih off the look really nice. I am doing the same thing I had chrome z06 w/rivets repos on there and had my stock Z06 rims powdercoated black and gonna try that look for a while. I tend to like the bling factor of chrome more but am putting on the black ones just for some change.
I dont think Im gonna do all of that. I upgraded my side markers and rear lights so I am not going to black them out. Already got pulled over by cali cops for window tint. I did, however, give myself a nice black *** which matches the wheels. Also am considering putting a black ACI spoiler and side skirts on in the future. My ***:

Old 02-05-2015, 12:41 AM
bluestreak63
Safety Car

Received 286 Likes on 172 Posts

I like the black ones over the chrome...nice...

Quick Reply: [Z06] Opinion: Black Rims or Keep Chrome on my C5Z