[Z06] Navigation Receiver

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 02:40 AM
DILLI1
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Navigation Receiver

Hello All

I sent my bezel to Dennis from Double D Mods to have it adjusted to receive a double din navigation receiver. I am looking for some suggestions in terms of brands of navigation receivers to put in the car once I get the bezel back.

I have heard a lot about Pioneer, Alpine, Sony, and Kenwood. I prefer a unit with a standard volume control **** rather than push buttons to control the volume. I like that traditional **** to control the volume.

My two top priorities with the navigation receiver will be navigation and i-pod interfacing. Anyone out there have experience with units they purchased? Anyone do anything unique with the antennae in the back of the car to increase AM/FM reception?

Just want to be prepared once my bezel comes back. Your opinions are welcome and respected...

Thanks
Old 01-27-2015, 08:31 AM
JeremyMalin
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

The Pioneer AVIC stuff is as good as it gets. Also remember you need to order the PAC adapter if you have and are retaining the original Bose speakers
Old 01-27-2015, 08:34 AM
DILLI1
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JeremyMalin
The Pioneer AVIC stuff is as good as it gets. Also remember you need to order the PAC adapter if you have and are retaining the original Bose speakers

Thanks, Jeremy
Old 01-27-2015, 09:46 PM
hifi875
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts

I would recommend alpine but they don't have a navi deck with volume **** any more. That just leaves Kenwood excelon. They are WAY better than pioneer and have a lot better user interface. Not as good as alpine but not bad.
Old 01-29-2015, 03:04 AM
striper
Le Mans Master

Received 246 Likes on 215 Posts

I bought a Kenwood DNX691HD from Dennis. It still has a volume **** and every possible option you could need. I got a fantastic deal from Dennis, you can everything you need from him. As far as the radio antenna, I deleted mine from the rear fender by turning it sideways on its mount inside the rear bumper so it runs horizontally. Then the hole on the fender was filled. Looks great and no difference in reception.
Old 01-29-2015, 01:16 PM
hifi875
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts

You will like the kwood. Good choice!

Get notified of new replies

To Navigation Receiver

Quick Reply: [Z06] Navigation Receiver