Sponsored by:

[Z06] 2015 Dodge Charger "Hellcat"

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 10:48 AM
fisher auto
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by thegame
If I see you put life insurance or bump your wife's life insurance before she gets a hellcat im reporting this thread lol an 04 GTO and a Hellcat are in COMPLETELY different leagues
I would never!!!! Muhahahahaha
Old 02-27-2015, 08:13 PM
rjwz28
Safety Car

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by fisher auto
Actually looked at one with leather and Beats system in it!
If you are having trouble justifying it to yourself, at least try to find a loaded SRT 392 to sit in

Although, I have to say that I don't see you not liking the interior of the Hellcat... it looks pretty sharp
Old 02-28-2015, 12:31 AM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

Beats sound system, yeah, they're known for fine audio! Ha Ha.....
Old 02-28-2015, 07:36 AM
fisher auto
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by JETninja
Beats sound system, yeah, they're known for fine audio! Ha Ha.....
I thinks it's really just a sub, but not going to buy this thing for the stereo!!!
Old 02-28-2015, 07:38 AM
fisher auto
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by rjwz28
If you are having trouble justifying it to yourself, at least try to find a loaded SRT 392 to sit in

Although, I have to say that I don't see you not liking the interior of the Hellcat... it looks pretty sharp
Best I found locally was an R/T.... but really, except for at least getting a feel for the V8 should be basically same car.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:23 AM
rjwz28
Safety Car

Best I found locally was an R/T.... but really, except for at least getting a feel for the V8 should be basically same car.
Except better in every way
If you liked the R/T, you'll love the SRT Hellcat
Old 03-01-2015, 12:29 PM
fisher auto
Melting Slicks

Except better in every way
If you liked the R/T, you'll love the SRT Hellcat
Well the R/T was surprisingly comfortable and had a ton of options! Making it really hard to, not order one!
Old 03-01-2015, 11:56 PM
rjwz28
Safety Car

Well the R/T was surprisingly comfortable and had a ton of options! Making it really hard to, not order one!
I would take the SS with MRC and the six-speed manual over the Charger R/T, personally

The SRT 392 would be my choice in the Challenger and the SRT Hellcat in the Charger
Old 03-03-2015, 11:08 AM
fisher auto
Melting Slicks

I would take the SS with MRC and the six-speed manual over the Charger R/T, personally

The SRT 392 would be my choice in the Challenger and the SRT Hellcat in the Charger
5 seats in the Charger, that's why I am considering it! If I was to go with another 2 dr. It will be a 9' or 10' ZR1....
Old 03-04-2015, 09:34 PM
rjwz28
Safety Car

5 seats in the Charger, that's why I am considering it! If I was to go with another 2 dr. It will be a 9' or 10' ZR1....
The SS is a four-door with five seats, like the Charger, except it's available with a manual and MRC. It has power between the RT and SRT, but a lot less weight

http://www.chevrolet.com/ss-sports-sedan.html
Old 03-06-2015, 02:12 AM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Received 346 Likes on 208 Posts

Problem with the Hellcat:

1. Base model Challenger... 27k
2. Hellcat Challenger...68k

Look at the SRT4, SRT10 truck and all the other hype models....this is a classic recipe of taking a cheap car, slapping some hp into it and they come-a-runnin. Problem is, they all dropped resale value like rocks, and this one will too. These are marketing scheme cars, plain and simple.

To me, this is what makes Corvette good. The base model isn't a cheap V6 slop car...the base is respectable and carries a pricetag somewhat. On top of that...look at who is driving Challengers and Chargers these days....cops and everyone in the ghetto....basically the same people. No thanks.
Old 03-06-2015, 07:05 AM
rjwz28
Safety Car

Originally Posted by RC000E
Problem with the Hellcat:

1. Base model Challenger... 27k
2. Hellcat Challenger...68k

Look at the SRT4, SRT10 truck and all the other hype models....this is a classic recipe of taking a cheap car, slapping some hp into it and they come-a-runnin. Problem is, they all dropped resale value like rocks, and this one will too. These are marketing scheme cars, plain and simple.

To me, this is what makes Corvette good. The base model isn't a cheap V6 slop car...the base is respectable and carries a pricetag somewhat. On top of that...look at who is driving Challengers and Chargers these days....cops and everyone in the ghetto....basically the same people. No thanks.
Eh, it's difficult to make that argument with the Corvette as your standard... we don't have this huge spread between models for C7 (yet), but for C6, the base was about $50k with the halo starting at $109k; that's really not any different than there being a $60k version of a $30k Dodge (the Hellcat Challenger starts at $58k, the Charger at $62k). Somebody who was a bit more of a snob could just as easily make the same exact comments about the Corvette for the same basic reason.

If you had a Viper or something, you could make that argument (as arrogant as it is, and completely subjective), but not in a Corvette
Old 03-06-2015, 08:02 AM
fisher auto
Melting Slicks

Eh, it's difficult to make that argument with the Corvette as your standard... we don't have this huge spread between models for C7 (yet), but for C6, the base was about $50k with the halo starting at $109k; that's really not any different than there being a $60k version of a $30k Dodge (the Hellcat Challenger starts at $58k, the Charger at $62k). Somebody who was a bit more of a snob could just as easily make the same exact comments about the Corvette for the same basic reason.

If you had a Viper or something, you could make that argument (as arrogant as it is, and completely subjective), but not in a Corvette
Yea this all true! I have to say that for our cars for being 10 plus years old I still think an excellent condition Z is still pulling some good numbers. Not to say the Hellcat will but, I've actually decided against moving forward, the wife has said that she is fine with her current car (07' Max) and why take on a payment if you don't have to.....So that means the Z will be getting some "meth" at least and maybe pulley down. But we will see....
Old 03-07-2015, 05:49 AM
rjwz28
Safety Car

Yea this all true! I have to say that for our cars for being 10 plus years old I still think an excellent condition Z is still pulling some good numbers. Not to say the Hellcat will but, I've actually decided against moving forward, the wife has said that she is fine with her current car (07' Max) and why take on a payment if you don't have to.....So that means the Z will be getting some "meth" at least and maybe pulley down. But we will see....

Quick Reply: [Z06] 2015 Dodge Charger "Hellcat"