Sponsored by:

[Z06] Newbie looking for advice/experience

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 10:24 AM
AeroEngineer
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie looking for advice/experience

I have never owned a vette before and I'm thinking about buying a stock 2002-2004 C5 Z06. I test drove one recently and fell in love with the car.

However, I'd like to be more educated on these vehicles before I jump into an investment like this, which is why I'm asking you for help.

What are good sources to research when learning about this vehicle?
Are there others threads about first time buyer questions that you can lead me to?
Any other advice?
Old 03-26-2015, 02:03 PM
L_popo
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by AeroEngineer
I have never owned a vette before and I'm thinking about buying a stock 2002-2004 C5 Z06. I test drove one recently and fell in love with the car.

However, I'd like to be more educated on these vehicles before I jump into an investment like this, which is why I'm asking you for help.

Are there others threads about first time buyer questions that you can lead me to?
Any other advice?
http://www.corvsport.com/Corvette/C5/Corvette-C5.html
is a good place to start for the usual specs and stats,
Do you have any specific questions about the car?
Old 03-26-2015, 02:47 PM
radar502
Safety Car

Received 299 Likes on 228 Posts

Any other advice?
This is not out of a book that be me in my 04 Z0-6 right behind the silver V-12 ,in STOCK 04 z THIS IS WHAT THEY DO ANY MORE QUSTIONS..
Old 03-26-2015, 04:41 PM
XotiK ZO6
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great info on the board. Also check the below "sticky" thread.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ion-files.html
Old 03-26-2015, 05:35 PM
janky
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Any other advice?
Peruse the stickies and the search function is your friend. It might help to know what you plan to use the car for and whether or not you plan to modify it from factory spec. If all you're concerned with is a list of common problems and issues, those are well covered in the stickies and by many, many threads like this.

Long story short they are fantastic, highly reliable vehicles that offer the most bang for the buck in speed the used car market offers. With minor modifications they also make excellent track dogs.
Old 03-26-2015, 08:33 PM
Eric Reeves
Burning Brakes

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

The most comprehensive no BS info overseen by Hib Halverson himself. You have every single year and all the specs. http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/...z06/index.html
Old 03-26-2015, 10:32 PM
Paul 75 L82
Le Mans Master

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

To the OP, your going about this all wrong. What you should be asking is how it feels to go under a underground bridge in 3rd gear at 4000 rpms. Or how it feels to have a hot chick check you out. Or how it feels when the Stang pulls up next to you and you turn off traction control. Heck ask how everybody feels when they turn off traction control. These cars are the most fun you can have and still be legal, and then you can get headers and a cam and it gets even so much better. Any car has to have repairs, our cars for the most can be repaired by yourselves. And this is the best forum on the web, by far. Have fun son, life is to short to drive anything other than a Z06.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:59 AM
JrRifleCoach
Team Owner

Location: Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
Received 640 Likes on 444 Posts
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

IMHO find a nice 2004.
Least inherent production problems, valve springs ect.
My choice was/is a LeMans Commemorative. Might hold its value a bit longer than most Z's.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:43 AM
AeroEngineer
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the input everyone! I didn't know what to expect being new to this forum, but I was surprised to see so many helpful replies. I'll post pictures when I finally buy a vette.
Old 03-27-2015, 07:55 PM
bob guzzy
Safety Car

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

You should go to youtube and watch the video that comes with the Z06 from the factory, it will give you something to look forward to.

I'm on my 2nd Zo6 the one I have now has over 100K on it I think it's as capable as the one I had years ago with 12K.

Get notified of new replies

To Newbie looking for advice/experience

Quick Reply: [Z06] Newbie looking for advice/experience