Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] Billy Boat Bullets vs. Corsa Xtreme?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 12:04 AM
oharal
Drifting

Received 297 Likes on 219 Posts
Default Billy Boat Bullets vs. Corsa Xtreme?

Hello C5 experts. I just brought home my dream Corvette today. It's a 2002 Z06 in Electron Blue with only 50k miles on it. The car came with Billy Boat Bullets on it and they are wicked loud all the time with major highway drone. I'm looking to replace them asap with a set that won't drone but I don't want to lose aggressive sound in the process. Can anyone comment on the WOT volume of the Bullets vs the Corsa Xtreme? I really like what I've heard in a few videos I've watched of the Xtreme but if they happen to be louder than the Bullets I don't think I can live with that. If they are about the same volume at WOT I think that would be okay since they don't roar all the time (like when leaving my apartment complex in the morning). I don't want to **** off my neighbors but I do want to enjoy some good ol American V8 thunder! Thanks!

Luke
Old 03-28-2015, 12:53 AM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

the xtremes are loud outside of the car but they did a great job of keeping the volume down on the inside of the car... it would also depends on your mods... my car is loud as hell with xtremes, longtubes/no cats, cam, and blower but I can't comment on how they compare to the bullets since I have never owned them... I would be willing to bet the xtremes won't drone and will be much quieter inside the car under normal driving conditions than the bullets
Old 03-28-2015, 09:28 AM
oharal
Drifting

Originally Posted by neutron82
the xtremes are loud outside of the car but they did a great job of keeping the volume down on the inside of the car... it would also depends on your mods... my car is loud as hell with xtremes, longtubes/no cats, cam, and blower but I can't comment on how they compare to the bullets since I have never owned them... I would be willing to bet the xtremes won't drone and will be much quieter inside the car under normal driving conditions than the bullets
Cool man thanks for the feedback. My car has Kooks long tubes into their 3" X pipe but no other real mods like cam or blower.
Old 03-28-2015, 05:17 PM
oharal
Drifting

Also, if anyone happens to be in the Augusta Georgia or Aiken SC areas and has any Corsa set on their C5 I'd love to meet up sometime to hear it.

Get notified of new replies

To Billy Boat Bullets vs. Corsa Xtreme?

Quick Reply: [Z06] Billy Boat Bullets vs. Corsa Xtreme?