Sponsored by:

[Z06] Those rich Z06 owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 11:04 PM
dbgoodwin
Safety Car

Received 751 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by Sengdemund
While we're at it, lets talk about the blatant covering up of serious issues from forum vendors namely one owned by a guy who cant speak engrish and includes the letters Ap..s
That's what really pisses me off, especially @p$!$. Every time I would have a genuine question about something @p$!$ was selling I would get bashed and then my post deleted. Then the whole seat thing with the one member, and several other instances really sealed the deal.
Old 05-03-2015, 11:07 PM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

why exactly are we not naming the vendor who has such a bad rep so people know?
Old 05-03-2015, 11:38 PM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Sengdemund
While we're at it, lets talk about the blatant covering up of serious issues from forum vendors namely one owned by a guy who cant speak engrish and includes the letters Ap..s

I hope the way they treated me becomes...legendary. Sigh.
Old 05-04-2015, 01:54 AM
Sleezy E
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purposely spend my money outside of this site just because the (majority of) vendors aren't here to help, only clog the threads and pad their pockets.

I recently got a warning/post deleted for recommending a member find a reputable local tuner for his car rather than going mail order.

I didn't mention any names... for either side... I guess just the fact that I didn't endorse a forum vendor meant my post had to go bye-bye

So much for trying to help out forum members I guess

p.s. I totally expect this post to disappear as well... with a pm to follow lol
Old 05-04-2015, 02:44 AM
racebum
Race Director

Originally Posted by Sleezy E
I purposely spend my money outside of this site just because the (majority of) vendors aren't here to help, only clog the threads and pad their pockets.

I recently got a warning/post deleted for recommending a member find a reputable local tuner for his car rather than going mail order.

I didn't mention any names... for either side... I guess just the fact that I didn't endorse a forum vendor meant my post had to go bye-bye

So much for trying to help out forum members I guess

p.s. I totally expect this post to disappear as well... with a pm to follow lol

so far this thread appears to be totally under the radar. i doubt the vendors will look in here since this thread does not sound like a way for them to spam the forum and try to convince some poor sap he needs to a lot with them

it's always fun when you ask direct questions and they never answer or reply with some cut and paste from the manf. website
Old 05-04-2015, 08:48 AM
ERDOC
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

There are way too many ads on this forum. It's one reason I don't check it nearly as much as other forums. I am a serious car guy and also own a Viper and an M5. If you want to see how it should be done go to the M5Board or the Viper Club of America forum. With all that said, I still love my 04 Z06 for its reliability and ease of DIY maintenance. I like the styling and electronics on my new Corvette, but the C5 Z06, still has the highest fun to drive factor, especially since I put on the new Michelin, PS2s - expensive, but grip like glue, quieter on the highway than the OEM tires and a smoother ride too. I just had a clutch and flywheel replacement on my e60 M5 - $3400 at an Indy recommended by a member on the M5Board after BMW quoted me $4900, even though the dealer is a board sponsor.
Old 05-04-2015, 10:28 AM
dbgoodwin
Safety Car

Originally Posted by racebum
why exactly are we not naming the vendor who has such a bad rep so people know?
Well because we get yelled at and our posts deleted when we do. Plus, if you look carefully at my post you should be able to figure out the vendor.
Old 05-04-2015, 05:52 PM
rocknroller
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As of 4:49 pm CST, 39 of the 70 threads on the front page are vendor ads, 56%. I'm not sure if that is what the site admin had in mind, or even figured would happen when this "policy" was created. It is obviously being abused because they know they can get away with it. I'm sure if the ads were limited, this site would not suffer in the slightest despite all the excuse making and posturing. It's too bad and seems to mostly affect the c5z section the most for some reason. It is damn tough to enjoy this section of the forum.
Old 05-05-2015, 01:22 AM
laurent_zo6
Melting Slicks

Received 312 Likes on 227 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Did I break the record yet for the number of threads in the category "This thread should be locked but for some unknown reason it is still open"?
Old 05-05-2015, 12:01 PM
dbgoodwin
Safety Car

Originally Posted by laurent_zo6
Did I break the record yet for the number of threads in the category "This thread should be locked but for some unknown reason it is still open"?
Yes, yes you did. Never seen one go past about 10 posts before getting locked!

And motojb, I always didn't like the way they handled things, but after reading your story I always enjoy trying to sneak a clever insult past him. I've noticed several other members doing the same.
Old 05-05-2015, 02:17 PM
Solofast
Melting Slicks

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts

Ok, I looked it up and finally found it... Supporting vendors are supposed to only have a maximum of three threads visible on the opening page of the forum. I had thought that the rule was one, but that is obviously not the case. Three is probably too many and right now Hinson has 4 on the C5Z page. so the Mod's aren't keeping them honest either. Each of those bumps were done by Hinson so there is no reason for that other than to not obey the rules.

I don't do business with anyone who spams my email and I don't do business with those who spam the board for pretty much the same reason. Once you let us know what you have, repeated bumps three times a day are just spam.

IF.. a real member gives you a bump, then you can't control that and I understand where you could once in a while exceed the three thread rule, but if you are doing the bumping (like Hinson is), that's just spamming.. Just say'n...

Bottom line is that the mod's need to run this board by the rules and that doesn't appear to be happening. I'm sure that's just because of the $ involved and how hard it is to find paying vendors.

I don't generally pay to be on a forum, but there is one that I pay to be on ($15/year), and it covers the old Mercury outboards that I build and race (John's Old Merc site). I've found that a pay site is a lot more civilized, there is no spam and the info there is honest and experienced. I know the Corvette Forum is a whole nother matter, but I really hadn't thought too much about the difference between this site and that until I was looking at this thread. Now, those that know me KNOW I am cheap and I don't often pay for what I can find for free on the web (one of the great things about the web), and it is harder to run a subscription site than something like this, but the C5Z page is pretty much all ad's now and not much else... Maybe it's just time to let this page go...
Old 05-05-2015, 05:20 PM
rocknroller
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

I have no issue with the 3 per vendor, but it should be somewhat regulated on how many vendors and how often threads are bumped. Maybe regulate how many allowed on the front page, not sure. I do know that 55% to 60% of front page threads being vendor threads is just too much to be able to enjoy the section. Especially when there is a vendor section PLUS vendors on the top and along the sides of the forum pages.
Old 05-05-2015, 05:21 PM
chetly
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by MotoJB

Wow, I just read that whole thread. Reading what they wrote you gave me a headache.

Your misfortune should be a reminder to all of us to use a credit card when making such a large purchase. Sucks that you got screwed over so badly.
Old 05-06-2015, 12:39 PM
C5 Z06 kid
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MotoJB

What was the outcome of the situation? Did you end up getting fair treatment?
Old 05-06-2015, 12:40 PM
dbgoodwin
Safety Car

Originally Posted by chetly
Wow, I just read that whole thread. Reading what they wrote you gave me a headache.

Your misfortune should be a reminder to all of us to use a credit card when making such a large purchase. Sucks that you got screwed over so badly.
Honestly since his experience I buy everything on the credit card and pay it off as soon as I know it's good. Haven't swiped my debit card except for at the bank depositing money. I would be sick to my stomach if the $650 camera I bought was defective and they treated me like that, so I can't even imagine how you feel.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:28 PM
rjwz28
Safety Car

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by dbgoodwin
Honestly since his experience I buy everything on the credit card and pay it off as soon as I know it's good. Haven't swiped my debit card except for at the bank depositing money. I would be sick to my stomach if the $650 camera I bought was defective and they treated me like that, so I can't even imagine how you feel.
I've been that way as long as I've been buying things online
That's actually one of my biggest disagreements with Dave Ramsey: there's no way in hell I'm giving access to my bank account to any random person on the internet.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:06 PM
4XLR8N
Le Mans Master
Pro Mechanic

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,209 Posts

Originally Posted by rjwz28
I've been that way as long as I've been buying things online
That's actually one of my biggest disagreements with Dave Ramsey: there's no way in hell I'm giving access to my bank account to any random person on the internet.
Exactly. I used to listen to DR a lot and I agreed with most everything he said. This was one big exception.

Get notified of new replies

To Those rich Z06 owners

Old 05-06-2015, 10:07 PM
racebum
Race Director

Originally Posted by Solofast
Ok, I looked it up and finally found it... Supporting vendors are supposed to only have a maximum of three threads visible on the opening page of the forum. I had thought that the rule was one, but that is obviously not the case. Three is probably too many and right now Hinson has 4 on the C5Z page. so the Mod's aren't keeping them honest either. Each of those bumps were done by Hinson so there is no reason for that other than to not obey the rules.

I don't do business with anyone who spams my email and I don't do business with those who spam the board for pretty much the same reason. Once you let us know what you have, repeated bumps three times a day are just spam.

IF.. a real member gives you a bump, then you can't control that and I understand where you could once in a while exceed the three thread rule, but if you are doing the bumping (like Hinson is), that's just spamming.. Just say'n...

Bottom line is that the mod's need to run this board by the rules and that doesn't appear to be happening. I'm sure that's just because of the $ involved and how hard it is to find paying vendors.

I don't generally pay to be on a forum, but there is one that I pay to be on ($15/year), and it covers the old Mercury outboards that I build and race (John's Old Merc site). I've found that a pay site is a lot more civilized, there is no spam and the info there is honest and experienced. I know the Corvette Forum is a whole nother matter, but I really hadn't thought too much about the difference between this site and that until I was looking at this thread. Now, those that know me KNOW I am cheap and I don't often pay for what I can find for free on the web (one of the great things about the web), and it is harder to run a subscription site than something like this, but the C5Z page is pretty much all ad's now and not much else... Maybe it's just time to let this page go...
Old 05-07-2015, 09:06 AM
Solofast
Melting Slicks

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts

I think that part of the problem too is that the C5Z is getting a bit long in tooth and it is a huge relative bargain in terms of $/performance. That means that things are starting to wear out and need to be replaced. Since the car is pretty much a "hair shirt" sports car it tends to attract those who are very performance minded, they tend to replace worn stuff with higher performance stuff and that is target rich environment for the folks advertising on this page. Maybe this will dissipate and the leeches will go over to the C6Z page when those cars get less expensive.

I don't think that we're any richer than the C6Z guys, and in fact if we were we might not be driving our cherished C5Z's (then again I probably would because I like the car a lot, and as Joe Walsh said "you can't argue with a sick mind"..)...
Old 05-07-2015, 10:10 AM
rocknroller
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Now up to 45 out of 70 as of this morning, 9:09 am. 64%, damn!

Quick Reply: [Z06] Those rich Z06 owners