[Z06] Those rich Z06 owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 08:19 PM
dbgoodwin
Safety Car

Received 751 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by sublime1996525
No locky yet? Wow.
Nope, and my post is going to make the start of page 5!
Old 05-21-2015, 09:03 PM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

this could be a great stealth thread to list all the issues with various vendors.

lulz for days when it's finally found out and they wonder...gee how long has this been here?
Old 05-22-2015, 03:07 AM
z_corvette
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Become a member

If I look at the forum without signing in I see the ads I think you guys are talking about. If I do sign in I don't get the pop-up ads.

Maybe being a supporting member is the difference ?????
It seems the ones complaining here aren't supporting members.
Come on guys......pony-up!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-22-2015, 07:47 AM
SLO VETTE
Race Director

Received 326 Likes on 188 Posts

We're discussing ads as their own threads, not pop up ads.

Pony up? Maybe you missed where I said I'd gladly pay a subscription to the forum to NOT have seemingly every thread in C5 forums being an ad...like "INSANE BLOWOUT carbon fiber overlays with individual Z06 logos for your upper dentures!"

I've reached out to mods in the past to be a sponsoring member of the forum as well (to advertise in a general, non-car subforum, i.e. something along the lines of member discounts for goods and services unrelated to Vettes), but we don't own a Vette-related business so the policy is to not support that.

This has been a good discussion, civilized even. Hopefully the owners of the forum are taking note.

Originally Posted by z_corvette
If I look at the forum without signing in I see the ads I think you guys are talking about. If I do sign in I don't get the pop-up ads.

Last edited by SLO VETTE; 05-22-2015 at 07:50 AM.
Old 05-22-2015, 08:30 AM
roadbike56
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,609 Likes on 1,037 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16-'17,'22,'24

Actually, there is a way for a forum to filter out ads for paying members. I'm also a cyclist and paid a fee to the bike forums so that I would not have all the ads pop up every time I log on. It seems to work for them as they have continued with that set-up. Non-paying members do deal with all the advertisements, paying members don't.
Just sayin'
Old 05-22-2015, 01:20 PM
rjwz28
Safety Car

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by roadbike56
Actually, there is a way for a forum to filter out ads for paying members. I'm also a cyclist and paid a fee to the bike forums so that I would not have all the ads pop up every time I log on. It seems to work for them as they have continued with that set-up. Non-paying members do deal with all the advertisements, paying members don't.
Just sayin'
WE'RE NOT REFERRING TO POP-UPS

No members get pop-ups

We're referring to the endless threads on here that ARE ads
Old 05-22-2015, 02:43 PM
SLO VETTE
Race Director

Received 326 Likes on 188 Posts

^^^Exactly. We're not discussing pop up ads. We're discussing threads that are themselves nothing but ads.

On my computer monitor, I see 70 threads per page (before having to click to page 2).

At the moment, at quick count, 42 out of 70 individual threads are ads from vendors selling stuff. You have to search far & wide for content.

It's ridiculous.

Then again, maybe content is just played out and there's nothing more to be said or discussed, so the owners allow subforums to be populated by ads?

Originally Posted by rjwz28
WE'RE NOT REFERRING TO POP-UPS

No members get pop-ups

We're referring to the endless threads on here that ARE ads
Old 05-22-2015, 02:47 PM
rocknroller
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by roadbike56
Just sayin'
I'm a paying member and I know of no way to filter out ads. Maybe someone can enlighten me.

Pop ups are a different topic. Not what we are discussing here.
Old 05-23-2015, 02:21 AM
laurent_zo6
Melting Slicks

Received 312 Likes on 227 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Originally Posted by z_corvette

This thread has become so long, my original thread has probably not been read by the latest visitors.
I wrote about "one ad after another", never mentioned pop ups.
Old 05-25-2015, 06:40 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Received 346 Likes on 208 Posts

The first page here is literally littered with ads for sh*t...this place sucks now. I sit over the C7Z forum still trying to decide if I want that car or not. I love my C5Z..it's built to my liking...that car is good looking but I am having a hard time justifying the cost.

So...I wish I could come here and talk C5Z but...no one mods, no one seems to have fun with these cars. People post track days, videos, mods and all kinds of stuff in C6z and C7Z...here is C5z it's like a wasteland...ughhh...these are becoming old guy collector cars.
Old 05-26-2015, 01:32 AM
dbgoodwin
Safety Car

Received 751 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by RC000E
The first page here is literally littered with ads for sh*t...this place sucks now. I sit over the C7Z forum still trying to decide if I want that car or not. I love my C5Z..it's built to my liking...that car is good looking but I am having a hard time justifying the cost.

So...I wish I could come here and talk C5Z but...no one mods, no one seems to have fun with these cars. People post track days, videos, mods and all kinds of stuff in C6z and C7Z...here is C5z it's like a wasteland...ughhh...these are becoming old guy collector cars.
I drive the ***** off mine day in and day out. The c5z forum blows though, I don't want to post here because I know it will just get drown out.
Old 05-27-2015, 01:00 PM
chassed
Melting Slicks

Received 281 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by RC000E

yourre right, hardly anyone mods (Heads/Cam) these cars..Im in the middle of a cam swap my self right now...Modding in its self isnt cheap...
im sure racing and track events arent cheap either. Could it be possible that since these cars are now more and more affordable, that modding them may not be in the budget? unlike those with the more "expensive" models (C6Z/C7Z) have more to spend and throw around on mods and racing events.
Just a thought really. Hope no one takes offense.
I my self have the ability to mod some. but no where near where Id like...let alone race it...breaking something would make me park it for a few months for sure...

Im def not a rich Z06 owner at all. Sooo
Old 05-28-2015, 09:23 PM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

well that and running a modded class can take some very deep pockets. many advantages to staying stock for scca class placement.

usually more reliable the more you keep the hp down and you also don't overwhelm the suspension or brakes.

vendors exist for one purpose. to convince you that you need to buy their crap and it will make your car godly. they could care less if your car blows up right after the sale. by that point they have your money.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Those rich Z06 owners