Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] The State of Calif, and Summit Racing are now out to chase none complaint cars.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 04:57 PM
PLRX
Team Owner

Received 501 Likes on 342 Posts
Co-winner 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C4 of Year
2016 C7 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

Are they adding CA sales taxes to orders yet?
Old 05-13-2015, 06:01 PM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by rjwz28
Agreed, but Democrats RUN California, and are therefore 100% responsible for all of the anti-car, anti-gun nonsense laws in the state. I live in Cali part time, this place is ridiculous. You can't tell me it isn't a D vs R thing; my other home is in Republican-controlled Arizona, where people leave your car and gun choices up to you.
i think it's more of the mentality of the democrats you guys have there. there is a long long history in your state that has lived through both parties in power. the insane smog in the 70s-80s. the push for environmental consciousness. hollywood. the backlash to fast & the furious and the anti car mod laws that have gotten passed. CARB, the strictest emissions in the country

oregon and washington are also both very heavy democrat states and neither have the auto issues cali does

auto makers are who will profit the most from the restrictive laws. it forces people into dealers. this is especially so with some of the copyright laws looking to go into play on the intellectual tech coming in new cars

like i was saying earlier....follow the money. lobbyists are lobbying for this stuff....ask yourself why
Old 05-13-2015, 08:49 PM
CaliforniaJack
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Default An easier option

If California was serious about air quality, they would deport 10,000 illegals a day with their smoking, uninsured cars. But it's easier to pick on the law abiding citizens!
Old 05-13-2015, 09:02 PM
racebum
Race Director

Originally Posted by CaliforniaJack
If California was serious about air quality, they would deport 10,000 illegals a day with their smoking, uninsured cars. But it's easier to pick on the law abiding citizens!
who profits from this?

in fact i could see how this would cost big business money. with illegals gone you would be paying higher wages. illegals also buy things which = profits

the only reason there is an appearance of being picked on is because we're at the receiving end of yet another scheme to extract money from average joes courtesy of corporate america

people don't lobby for laws unless there is an agenda
Old 05-14-2015, 12:43 AM
socalsavage
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in Cali and it's a joke what's going on here and it boils down to one thing, the ole mighty dollar. They couldn't care less about the air quality but they do care about how much they can charge you to make your car pass California Emissions and that's the truth. I've been here for 47 years and it's a shame what it has become. But it is the best weather you can find and there is always someone to race and hot woman!!
I guess it could worse.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:26 AM
rjwz28
Safety Car

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by socalsavage
I'm in Cali and it's a joke what's going on here and it boils down to one thing, the ole mighty dollar. They couldn't care less about the air quality but they do care about how much they can charge you to make your car pass California Emissions and that's the truth.
Exactly

There's no other reason you should be able to pass a sniffer, but aren't even legally allowed to get to that point because you fail a "visual" emissions inspection (unless you have the almighty sticker that some aftermarket companies pay a premium for or you hide your mods well)

Car guys need an NRA
Old 05-14-2015, 05:38 PM
racebum
Race Director

Exactly

There's no other reason you should be able to pass a sniffer, but aren't even legally allowed to get to that point because you fail a "visual" emissions inspection (unless you have the almighty sticker that some aftermarket companies pay a premium for or you hide your mods well)

Car guys need an NRA
we have one, sema.org

they have fought to keep some of the more restrictive laws from passing and lobby on our behalf

at the same time, it might actually benefit companies like edelbrock if some of the china made no names that pop up every year go out of business. so, if some mods get banned unless they have a sticker. well, the quality companies with deep pockets will be more than happy to sell you something

as it sits cali is unique and hopefully stays that way. if some of their laws spread to other states that would be a trend i wouldn't want to see get started
Old 05-14-2015, 06:31 PM
PJake
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by socalsavage
I'm in Cali and it's a joke what's going on here and it boils down to one thing, the ole mighty dollar. They couldn't care less about the air quality but they do care about how much they can charge you to make your car pass California Emissions and that's the truth. I've been here for 47 years and it's a shame what it has become. But it is the best weather you can find and there is always someone to race and hot woman!!
I guess it could worse.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:18 PM
budnate
Instructor

[QUOTE=as it sits cali is unique and hopefully stays that way. if some of their laws spread to other states that would be a trend i wouldn't want to see get started

are you kidding it allready has been a trend for 40 yrs....some jackwad dreams up a new law down there and the other states follow..... you youngin's dont recall the dark days of the late 70's and the 80's and all the emission crap we had to deal with..... its been fun for a long time the party is over again....going to be allot of nice cars for sale that cant get tabs....just like the 80's. *****!!!
Old 05-15-2015, 12:14 AM
duramaxsky
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by racebum
has zero to do with D vs R thinking. absolutely zero

follow the money, that's where it leads.

as much as i wish we could purge republicans from politics i'm very aware it would do nearly zero as money is what makes things happen. ideals are what people get fed to create arguments that distract from the bigger picture
If you believe any of that you are nuts. Libtards are the problem with this country in every way. Including you.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:20 AM
duramaxsky
Safety Car

i think it's more of the mentality of the democrats you guys have there. there is a long long history in your state that has lived through both parties in power. the insane smog in the 70s-80s. the push for environmental consciousness. hollywood. the backlash to fast & the furious and the anti car mod laws that have gotten passed. CARB, the strictest emissions in the country

oregon and washington are also both very heavy democrat states and neither have the auto issues cali does

auto makers are who will profit the most from the restrictive laws. it forces people into dealers. this is especially so with some of the copyright laws looking to go into play on the intellectual tech coming in new cars

like i was saying earlier....follow the money. lobbyists are lobbying for this stuff....ask yourself why
You as normal have no clue what you are saying. Both WA and OR now have the CA emissions. The libtards here liked it and passed it here. You can no buy a car here with out CA stuff on it either. Or register one bought out of state without it.
Old 05-15-2015, 05:07 AM
racebum
Race Director

Originally Posted by duramaxsky
You as normal have no clue what you are saying. Both WA and OR now have the CA emissions. The libtards here liked it and passed it here. You can no buy a car here with out CA stuff on it either. Or register one bought out of state without it.
you have seriously gone full retard

i live here, we do not have CARB, we have DEQ and it's not even state wide. standards are far less restrictive than CARB

we have exemption areas all over the place that don't even require emissions testing to get tags. countless hot rods are registered in just such areas.

if you're going to chest pound and get all crazy at least get your facts straight

http://www.deq.state.or.us/aq/vip/fo...tionexcept.pdf

is the exemption form, a very large portion of the state falls under this exemption.

that is if you're even going to reply after the ownage

Last edited by racebum; 05-15-2015 at 05:35 AM.
Old 05-15-2015, 09:47 AM
duramaxsky
Safety Car

you have seriously gone full retard

i live here, we do not have CARB, we have DEQ and it's not even state wide. standards are far less restrictive than CARB

we have exemption areas all over the place that don't even require emissions testing to get tags. countless hot rods are registered in just such areas.

if you're going to chest pound and get all crazy at least get your facts straight

http://www.deq.state.or.us/aq/vip/fo...tionexcept.pdf

is the exemption form, a very large portion of the state falls under this exemption.

that is if you're even going to reply after the ownage
No exemptions just no testing yet. CA emissions are still the law. And it is libtards like you. The only Pub who was involved ewas Nixon and he was a libtard and in the wrong party. Be a good libtard and sell your car and ride a bike.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:11 PM
Moto One
Drifting

Received 164 Likes on 101 Posts

For the record, I live in a Calif county that you only have to smog when buying a new/use car, after that it dose not have to be smogged until it's sold to a new owner. But this reporting by a seller of parts back to CARB give the state (protocolarairens) a reason to call you in.

"protocolarairens" Bequraocrats that have ZERO logical thought process.

There are some cases were Calif emission law are grossly abused, in some areas/car cultures may have grown to the point that it's gotten noticed, and now we have this...

We only have our selves to blame by allowing politics to be control by a few overly vocal "the sky is falling types or self promoting intellects"not the majority.

Mark
Old 05-15-2015, 02:59 PM
rjwz28
Safety Car

we have one, sema.org

they have fought to keep some of the more restrictive laws from passing and lobby on our behalf

at the same time, it might actually benefit companies like edelbrock if some of the china made no names that pop up every year go out of business. so, if some mods get banned unless they have a sticker. well, the quality companies with deep pockets will be more than happy to sell you something

as it sits cali is unique and hopefully stays that way. if some of their laws spread to other states that would be a trend i wouldn't want to see get started
I said we need an NRA; not only has the NRA successfully fought nonsense laws, they've also successfully fought to get them overturned

SEMA Action Network is a joke in comparison to the NRA Institute for Legislative Action; it's almost like they're just standing on the sidelines and giving us updates on how many different ways we're screwed.

Also, I don't know where you've been, but Cali sets the bar that gets aped by other blue states (and the Fed, when the administration or Congress are blue) on gun and car laws; if you can't see how these laws spread and hurt us, I don't know what to tell you

The fact that you support the government telling people they can't run parts without some stupid sticker says a lot about you, and that's not a good thing

Originally Posted by Moto One
For the record, I live in a Calif county that you only have to smog when buying a new/use car, after that it dose not have to be smogged until it's sold to a new owner. But this reporting by a seller of parts back to CARB give the state (protocolarairens) a reason to call you in.

"protocolarairens" Bequraocrats that have ZERO logical thought process.

There are some cases were Calif emission law are grossly abused, in some areas/car cultures may have grown to the point that it's gotten noticed, and now we have this...

We only have our selves to blame by allowing politics to be control by a few overly vocal "the sky is falling types or self promoting intellects"not the majority.

Mark

I'm trying to transfer to Cali right now to live fulltime with my wife

If I don't want to risk being caught by the "tattle on your neighbor" program, I will have to sell my car because of the ridiculous emissions standards

The government has gotten absurdly controlling in Cali; it's beyond ridiculous how much involvement they want in the daily lives of the people. Why so many people in the state keep voting for the same statist progressives over and over is beyond me.
Old 05-15-2015, 04:21 PM
racebum
Race Director

The fact that you support the government telling people they can't run parts without some stupid sticker says a lot about you, and that's not a good thing

? when did i say i supported this?

lost me on that one

if you're somehow twisting this into voting that part is pretty simple. the republican party is so vile that even though i don't agree with more than a few things in the D party it's much better than voting for the pro life legitimate rape high blood pressure party. when i look around at some of the very liberal people in my neighborhood...they are actually pretty nice people, really friendly. when i look at the other side. i see these bitter old men pissed off at everything who want freedom THEIR way but are very opinionated and restrictive about things they don't personally agree with. they also typically are the first to play the blame game and keep the country polarized. quite simply 98% of people i've met who relate to the republican party are *******s even though there are a few good ideas in the party. less gov intrusion, end nsa spying, 2nd amendment defense etc. i mean look at the guy above all libratarded out....why would i want to support someone like him or what he agrees with?

as for cars, lobbyists will and have bought politicians on both sides and will continue to do so as long as there is money in it. california has gotten more and more restrictive year by year under both D and R leadership

Last edited by racebum; 05-15-2015 at 04:35 PM.
Old 05-15-2015, 04:55 PM
rjwz28
Safety Car

? when did i say i supported this?

lost me on that one

if you're somehow twisting this into voting that part is pretty simple. the republican party is so vile that even though i don't agree with more than a few things in the D party it's much better than voting for the pro life legitimate rape high blood pressure party. when i look around at some of the very liberal people in my neighborhood...they are actually pretty nice people, really friendly. when i look at the other side. i see these bitter old men pissed off at everything who want freedom THEIR way but are very opinionated and restrictive about things they don't personally agree with. they also typically are the first to play the blame game and keep the country polarized. quite simply 98% of people i've met who relate to the republican party are *******s even though there are a few good ideas in the party. less gov intrusion, end nsa spying, 2nd amendment defense etc. i mean look at the guy above all libratarded out....why would i want to support someone like him or what he agrees with?

as for cars, lobbyists will and have bought politicians on both sides and will continue to do so as long as there is money in it. california has gotten more and more restrictive year by year under both D and R leadership
California has not been under Republican leadership in a VERY long time

Arnold doesn't count

No, I actually just misread your post about it being good when cheaper parts can't sell... for the big companies. I thought you said that it was good in general, which is ridiculous; I should be able to buy whatever turbo or supercharger I want from whatever country I want, CARB sticker or not, and not have a problem registering it as long as it's safely put together and my car isn't smoking.

As far as your political rant against Republicans: I lean towards the libertarian side of the party. My stance is that if you don't want a gun or a gay marriage, don't get one; keep your nose and government control out of other people's business when nobody is being harmed. Many Republicans (the majority of whom are for smaller government) can't seem to get past the marriage issue (or see the hypocrisy in their attempts) but the party will come around. The "legitimate rape" thing is a quote taken out of context for political points, though, and you should be ashamed of using it; the point being made was that less than 2% of all abortions are due to extreme circumstances such as medical emergency, incest and rape (the word "legitimate" and "forcible" being used to distinguish between sexual assault and statutory rape) and that the majority of procedures are due to convenience. This is a legitimate point and will continue to be a civil rights battle, no matter which side you fall on.

pissed off at everything who want freedom THEIR way but are very opinionated and restrictive about things they don't personally agree with
To be fair, that is a very accurate description of the average liberal as well. The leadership also likes to lie a LOT.

Get notified of new replies

To The State of Calif, and Summit Racing are now out to chase none complaint cars.

Old 05-15-2015, 07:31 PM
racebum
Race Director

agreed, parts of the libertarian party do make a lot of sense, especially socially

and agreed some of the more wound up liberals are just like my rant against the R in reverse. i've met some hardcore lefties who are just as odd to me
Old 05-16-2015, 09:38 PM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by 95rtturbo
two women middle row+me=3some
Old 05-17-2015, 11:04 AM
rjwz28
Safety Car

agreed, parts of the libertarian party do make a lot of sense, especially socially

and agreed some of the more wound up liberals are just like my rant against the R in reverse. i've met some hardcore lefties who are just as odd to me
I lean libertarian on some social issues

On issues of national security, not at all (except warrantless wiretapping and NSA surveillance, of course)

Quick Reply: [Z06] The State of Calif, and Summit Racing are now out to chase none complaint cars.