Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] Pissed at Chevy. Need rear bearing/hub assembly.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 06:02 PM
TheYellowZ
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pissed at Chevy. Need rear bearing/hub assembly.

I went to a local shop that does all my work and told them i was feeling a wobble in my rear end. I had just gotten all 4 new tires put on and a 4 wheel alignment at my local chevy dealer last thursday 7/2/15 and they said everything on the car looked great so i was slightly confused with what could be causing it. Come to find out when we jacked my car up that my driver side rear was so lose that it has about an 1/8-1/4" of play and my passanger side also has a little wiggle. Was wondering if anyone knew if there is anything i could say to chevy about a refund of my alignment because there is no way in hell my rear end could be aligned with that much play in it accurately. Alignment was $115. Also need to know where to get replacement parts and brands. Thanks for any help!
Old 07-06-2015, 06:35 PM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

they should re do the alignment for free, chat with the service manager
''
rock auto has good deals on replacement hubs, ac delco or skf would be the two i would look at

there are also sfk race hubs around 300 each that can hold up to the stress of slicks

delco rw2086 or sff br930198 would be the part numbers

with delco what? $150 shipped, don't cheap out on parts store junk

the hubs are easy to change with basic hand tools. putting proper tension on the rear drum park brake is the only thing that isn't 100% straight forward. that isn't hard by the way, just adjust the star nut out until the disc snuggle slides on
Old 07-08-2015, 12:40 PM
3sACROWD
Melting Slicks

Received 446 Likes on 328 Posts

You will have to take your issue up with the service manager, general manager, or owner. The dealerships are independently owned and operated.

It is dealerships like this that give Chevy a bad name.

Last edited by 3sACROWD; 07-08-2015 at 12:43 PM.
Old 07-09-2015, 03:40 AM
TheYellowZ
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by racebum
they should re do the alignment for free, chat with the service manager
''
rock auto has good deals on replacement hubs, ac delco or skf would be the two i would look at

there are also sfk race hubs around 300 each that can hold up to the stress of slicks

delco rw2086 or sff br930198 would be the part numbers

with delco what? $150 shipped, don't cheap out on parts store junk

the hubs are easy to change with basic hand tools. putting proper tension on the rear drum park brake is the only thing that isn't 100% straight forward. that isn't hard by the way, just adjust the star nut out until the disc snuggle slides on
Thank you for your advice! Been away from the forum a few days.
Old 07-09-2015, 03:43 AM
TheYellowZ
Heel & Toe

I agree 100% It was a Springfield, MO shop and is supposedly one of the highest selling corvette dealers in the U.S. But treated me and my car with little to no respect and just didn't do their job right.
Old 07-09-2015, 04:12 AM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by TheYellowZ

I agree 100% It was a Springfield, MO shop and is supposedly one of the highest selling corvette dealers in the U.S. But treated me and my car with little to no respect and just didn't do their job right.
you have a great argument for it. the tech never caught what should have been a red flag. since you can not align a car with a wobbly bearing they never actually completed the job

that said firestone is usually the best deal for alignments. they have a lifetime alignment deal for 179 and you can have your alignment re done or changed whenever you feel like it for free
Old 07-09-2015, 06:27 PM
goombadi99
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You can't blame the dealership/everytime an aging car breaks. I have been a tech for 15 years and I have had similar issues before. Again I'm not saying it wasn't bad before but don't assume it was the techs fault either. A reputable shop will warranty out the alignment.
Old 07-10-2015, 12:11 AM
LT1driver
Le Mans Master

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

I have had very good luck for over 15 years with local firestone, tech had a c5Z also, take all my cars to him.

Get notified of new replies

To Pissed at Chevy. Need rear bearing/hub assembly.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Pissed at Chevy. Need rear bearing/hub assembly.