Sponsored by:

[Z06] redline d4 atf

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 11:43 AM
radc5
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default redline d4 atf

Anyone use redline d4 atf in their tranny ?
Old 07-18-2015, 12:12 PM
Socko
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

i run it, its the "standard" fill for most of us with a t56 i believe. It works.
Old 07-18-2015, 02:23 PM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

kind of the go-to oil for our cars
Old 07-19-2015, 09:17 AM
04silverZ06
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I've got some just waiting to go in.
Old 07-19-2015, 11:34 AM
bluestreak63
Safety Car

Received 286 Likes on 172 Posts

On my to do list, along with diff and brake fluid change...been 11 years since the brake and tranny fluid have been changed, but only have 30k on the clock.

Still himmin and hawin over redline or amsoil. Looks like amsoil makes a nice pump for quart and gallon dispensing.

Anyone that used redline, why did use choose it over amsoil or even royal purple? What pump did you use for dispensing out of the gallon and quart size bottles?
Old 07-19-2015, 03:12 PM
racebum
Race Director

Originally Posted by bluestreak63
On my to do list, along with diff and brake fluid change...been 11 years since the brake and tranny fluid have been changed, but only have 30k on the clock.

Still himmin and hawin over redline or amsoil. Looks like amsoil makes a nice pump for quart and gallon dispensing.

Anyone that used redline, why did use choose it over amsoil or even royal purple? What pump did you use for dispensing out of the gallon and quart size bottles?
oh god, don't use royal purple. it's basically a straight PAO base stock without anything to offset the shrinkage of the seals. people can get away with it in new cars since they have new seals but i'd never use RP on older cars

in gear oils i have no idea if or what amsoil uses to offset the above problem since they are also PAO oil but amsoil just seems to leak less

redline is ester based which naturally swells seals a bit, this is ideal for 10+year old cars. ester oils are also the most heat resistant of any and some of the most stable. redline also uses absolutely killer additive packs and as you may notice they advertise the least of the big brands and aren't any cheaper. ester stocks are more expensive to produce from what i understand than PAO. this is a guess on why they don't advertise, they want to keep their cost competitive with RP & amsoil.
Old 07-19-2015, 03:14 PM
racebum
Race Director

hard on the brakes, you have a good deal of water in that fluid,

trans isn't a huge deal but 11yrs on stock brake fluid is really bad for the abs, master & slave seals
Old 07-20-2015, 10:06 AM
bluestreak63
Safety Car

Originally Posted by racebum
oh god, don't use royal purple. it's basically a straight PAO base stock without anything to offset the shrinkage of the seals. people can get away with it in new cars since they have new seals but i'd never use RP on older cars

in gear oils i have no idea if or what amsoil uses to offset the above problem since they are also PAO oil but amsoil just seems to leak less

redline is ester based which naturally swells seals a bit, this is ideal for 10+year old cars. ester oils are also the most heat resistant of any and some of the most stable. redline also uses absolutely killer additive packs and as you may notice they advertise the least of the big brands and aren't any cheaper. ester stocks are more expensive to produce from what i understand than PAO. this is a guess on why they don't advertise, they want to keep their cost competitive with RP & amsoil.
Thanks for the feedback racebum...

Will get some redline gear and atf this week.

From what I understand pumps that are made to fit quart bottles don't really work on the redlines bottles due to the smaller opening/neck on the quart size bottles. What did you use to put the juice back in?
Old 07-20-2015, 01:36 PM
RadnessWarrior
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default redline d4 atf

From what I understand pumps that are made to fit quart bottles don't really work on the redlines bottles due to the smaller opening/neck on the quart size bottles. What did you use to put the juice back in?
I just did my trans oil with redline, the pump I got from Amazon worked great, the pump cap does not screw on, but the pump fits just fine.
Old 07-20-2015, 02:09 PM
racebum
Race Director

they actually do. the straw still fits in and you can pump away. it won't screw down but works fine none the less

if you get the redline 75-90 for the rear make sure it does not say NS after the 75-90, the NS is for subies and others, it means no slip
Old 07-20-2015, 06:13 PM
bluestreak63
Safety Car

Originally Posted by RadnessWarrior
I just did my trans oil with redline, the pump I got from Amazon worked great, the pump cap does not screw on, but the pump fits just fine.
Sounds good...

Originally Posted by racebum
they actually do. the straw still fits in and you can pump away. it won't screw down but works fine none the less

if you get the redline 75-90 for the rear make sure it does not say NS after the 75-90, the NS is for subies and others, it means no slip
Thanks for the heads up...

Get notified of new replies

To redline d4 atf

Quick Reply: [Z06] redline d4 atf